Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th March 2020, 16:09   #1
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Question hardware or software ?

does anyone know what may be the likely culprit with the issues with my dd unit ce 6 ? sat nav is stable when in use. sd card music again stable when in use. but in radio mode when its playing it may jump into ipod mode and at this point I have to press mode to re select radio. i have checked all leads/ contacts at the rear of the unit and refitted a new iso lead.i dont think it is this …. because the unit is stable in the other modes. why is the unit trying to pair up with ipod ? is it corrupt software/firmwear or can this be resolved with a setting change ? i do not have aux leads plugged in at the rear of the unit and have never used or tried to use ipod. surely a hardware component moving or loose would effect other modes. Bluetooth icon is present but again I have never used this either for music or iphone. my phone Bluetooth is not live as its turned off (saves battery life ) also in radio mode the home button will not operate .this function takes the phone into the main user interface but does not respond. I know that the touch screen works in this area ok as it can be used in other settings set ups. I have reset touch screen parameters many times clicking the ok icon as it asks you to when recalibration is complete. what promps the unit to keep reverting to ipod I have no idea. any further ideas would be welcomed as I cant get hold of a firmwear reflash to at least rule that out. many thanks xsport.
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2020, 12:47   #2
Ajd1
Gets stuck in

75 Connie SE CDT Saloon

Have you tried resetting the whole unit either with the button on the bottom front right or disconnecting the battery for a while.
Sometimes it's helped others with glitches with the unit.
Sorry if you've already tried.
Old 9th March 2020, 16:34   #3
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Question wince ce 6

thanks ajt1 . yes been there done that ! overnight disconnect and reset. by the way mine is the 2nd gen Chinese sean unit before they went to the nav series so the reset on mine is top right corner . I am beginning to think that it is a problem with the steering controls set up as these only work on the volume side but not the mode paddles on the wheel. I have managed now to bring the screen back to life in the home button area by readjusting the screen adjustment sizes in the setup interface. there is still a problem in radio mode where it flicks to ipod set up mode and returns later to radio. I am wondering if the unit is confused by k bus line signals tripping this or maybe this function only was used by android units. not sure if this unit is connected through kbus or not on certain functions as it will trip over or even reboot responding to current changes either on starting the engine or a turn on of headlights or even brake lights. im still investigating …. cheers xsport.
Old 9th March 2020, 17:41   #4
Ajd1
Gets stuck in

75 Connie SE CDT Saloon

Thought you may have tried that already, sorry not much help from here I'm afraid.
Seems like ages since I had mine and don't remember much about it, having problems with my Navall now as well thinking about replacing it now.
They can get on your nerves these things. lol
Old 9th March 2020, 18:28   #5
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Question wince ce 6

yes i wish they all came with a firmwear reflash . problem is we don't even know the manufacturer or the type of unit or even the suppliers to contact them. its ok finding out the board name and type but the firmwear reflash needs to be the correct one. i m sure these units only have a short lifespan especialy the androids. too much to go wrong ! .the most reliable unit seems to be the wince ce 6. I had nearly 9 yrs without issue and problems only started when I did a nav update. im sure my unit is worth keeping its fairly robust . I want to repair mine and keep it if I can. its tempting to buy another up market android but I think its going to cause me even more problems. with technology upgrading these units every year or so you cant keep upgrading like you do on phones or at least I would not want to. this wince does everything I need and more so im trying to save it. however it will never match the quality of the rover units fitted. but again you need to pay huge money for a high quality replacement say an alpine or kenwood. you get what you pay for I suppose . the Chinese units nearly all use the same boards or so im told. do you know if the units are on the kbus line or not. ? cheers.
Old 10th March 2020, 11:39   #6
Ajd1
Gets stuck in

75 Connie SE CDT Saloon

It's only a guess but I would have thought they maybe are connected to the kbus at some point being as they dim when you put the lights on.

The best one I had was the first one I imported direct from China think it was the same time as Picky bought his, never gave me any problems sometimes I wish I'd never upgraded and kept with that first unit.

Did have a Kenwood before that one but it was about £1200 when I bought that, it did just work though with no problems at all.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Andy