Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th February 2020, 21:23   #21
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
The important part is no NEW cars will be sold in the uk after 2040, but may be brought forward to 2035 to meet their carbon emissions target by 2050. By 2050 then, petrol and diesel will.be difficult.to buy. You will then probably need some kind of licence to buy it, as well as when you buy, you will have to also buy a tree for.every litre or similar.

I can envisage by 2035, the cars that we buy would be unaffected by this anyway, and we will have some.form of transformer system at home with batteries being handheld and removable to charge inside (this will be relevant due to accommodation available).

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk
2050........If I'm still on the planet I'll be in my eighties and not particularly bothered whether I can still run my seventy five year old Marina

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2020, 21:49   #22
malagas
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon 2.0 CDT Club, Rover 75 Saloon 2.0 CDTi Contemporary

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
2050........If I'm still on the planet I'll be in my eighties and not particularly bothered whether I can still run my seventy five year old Marina

Brian
by that time cars are no longer needed, we will already have teleportation lol
P.S. You're still pretty young Brian
Old 4th February 2020, 23:00   #23
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post

Brian
I’ll be in my mid 90’s, so if I am still about the closest I will get to motoring will be one of those electric things that charge along the pavement causing pedestrians to dive for cover !
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2020, 23:17   #24
ziggy72
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar S-Type R Audi A5 Sportback

The world has been going into ice ages for thousands and millions of years. Freezing over then warming up in cycles long before we were throwing out old fridges and driving petrol and diesel cars. When are these sucked in cheeked vegans, animal rights and global warming activist
types going to realise this?
When we have MPs believing this rubbish who are making decisions for the people of the country we have no chance.
I'll drive my V8 in ignorance til they physically take it off me.

Last edited by ziggy72; 5th February 2020 at 14:43..
ziggy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2020, 08:02   #25
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Until they ban aircraft from the sky's and ships from the sea's ( two of the biggest polluters) I don't see why I should make my life harder or more expensive. The motorist as always is the easy target and will always suffer.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2020, 08:27   #26
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
Until they ban aircraft from the sky's and ships from the sea's ( two of the biggest polluters) I don't see why I should make my life harder or more expensive. The motorist as always is the easy target and will always suffer.
Will China and USA adopt this stance from the Uk? I think not.
Old 5th February 2020, 08:28   #27
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroRover View Post
Certainly not enough copper cable in the North East, it disappears at a phenomenal rate up here !!
Aye that’s cos the tea leaves keep nicking it from railway and metro lines.
Old 5th February 2020, 08:45   #28
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Live for today as tomorrow will soon be upon you, therefore enjoy your time driving your cars now, because at the end of the day normal joe blogs can do nothing.

We are passing through sadly some faster than others, why make your life worrying or difficult, the I know better for you brigade & politicians whom might I add have never done an hard days work in their lives, they need to take class lessons in common sense, that will never happen as it's to easy.

I am off out later in my 2.2 diesel to pick something up, I will keep out the city centre as the buses, taxi, vans, etc are polluting that area I want somewhere nice and fresh maybe some country lanes where the trees will absorb up the pollution i cause in my none smoking within guide lines FL2 or my M47 diesel tourer.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2020, 16:42   #29
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Live for today as tomorrow will soon be upon you, therefore enjoy your time driving your cars now, because at the end of the day normal joe blogs can do nothing.

We are passing through sadly some faster than others, why make your life worrying or difficult, the I know better for you brigade & politicians whom might I add have never done an hard days work in their lives, they need to take class lessons in common sense, that will never happen as it's to easy.

I am off out later in my 2.2 diesel to pick something up, I will keep out the city centre as the buses, taxi, vans, etc are polluting that area I want somewhere nice and fresh maybe some country lanes where the trees will absorb up the pollution i cause in my none smoking within guide lines FL2 or my M47 diesel tourer.
I'm off in my M47 engined diesel to spread my carbon footprint around North Yorkshire tomorrow. The trees that line the roads I use will love my contribution to their work converting gases I'm sure. Trees aren't given enough love, so I might treat them again in a few days time too.
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2020, 18:01   #30
Halkyon
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

It's such a shame that so many car clubs, or at least the forums, are full of conspiratorial old farts. It's massively off-putting and will do more to accelerate the extinction of old marques than any current or planned government legislation.

No, you will not be banned from driving your car in 2035. No, the grid isnt going to collapse because of EVs. No, climate change is not a lefty conspiracy. No, trees cannot convert all diesel fumes into O2 (I'm sure we wanted higher risk of lung cancer anyway?).

Although I suppose what is more laughable is the idea that this government will follow their words with actions. I doubt they care much about what the world left to the young will look like past 2040 either.

Last edited by Halkyon; 5th February 2020 at 18:03..
Halkyon is offline   Reply With Quote