Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th May 2014, 15:21   #21
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

It's a shame that so many votes are 'against' a particular party rather than 'for' something and entirely reflects the appalling performance of Westminster MP's of all parties.

Negativity is worse than doing nothing because it is far from constructive and the right, if not privilege, to vote is far too valuable to abuse. Better to cast your preference for the doctrine nearest to your own and then , if they win, plague them with pressure to explain themselves if they disappoint. At least make them work for your vote. That way of course you are playing your own part in politics in the most effective way you can.

If you really want to understand how politics work, or why politicians do what they do, a good place to start is by reading The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli. Written 500 years ago it is even more valid today and explains everything. An hour a day for a month will change your world!
Old 9th May 2014, 18:26   #22
damienp
This is my second home

skoda estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
The people we elect just go to meetings to arrange more meetings, and attend press conferences to get their photo's taken. They don't actually do anything....
Lol. Very 'businessmen like'. So then, shall i see you in the pub so we can discuss 'matters' with old Nige?

Good post James.uk
damienp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 21:06   #23
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

I have been a Borough Councillor for the past 11 years, don't claim expenses, and always attend meetings and look after my constituents as well as I can. However, most of my time has been spent stopping the Council Officers suggesting or doing what I don't want them to do, rather than getting them to do what I, on behalf of my voters, want them to do. I suspect it is rather similar in Government, with regard to the Civil Service!

That having been said, I have always voted, and for the Party which I agree with the most - none will fit all your ideals. Because I believe in self-sufficiency and keeping hold of what money I earn, or as much of it as possible given that certain matters, eg defence, do need to be paid for, so I have always voted Conservative (don't mind anyone voting otherwise, so long as they can justify it in their own minds,) but have been contemplating UKIP for the forthcoming European election. However, they will not win next year's General Election, and at present only the Conservatives are promising a Referendum (albeit after negotiations to persuade us not to leave). Liberals won't, but Labour just might if UKIP do very well later this month, so I shall stick to the Conservatives in the hope that Labour do not pinch this policy and win, only to wreck the economy once again.

By all means be negative in your vote, but only if you can justify the risks that brings!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 21:31   #24
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

If a referendum comes off about the EU, it won't be UKIP who will decide, it will be the electorate, the nation.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 21:39   #25
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

This Link may help you!

http://uk.votematch.eu/
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 21:40   #26
rosephus
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 2.0 CDTi 135+

It doesn't matter one bit who you vote for. You will get the same corrupt class of people in every time.

This idea that voting for ukip is a protest vote to shake things up is self deluded rubbish. Your voting for a party who has no power in the EU whatsover and who are seen as BNP lite throughout the EU.

If you want change, real change either stop voting em masse or campaign for a change to direct democracy and get a real say in how your country is run.

Continuing to vote for mainstream parties and expecting a better outcome is a waste of time and energy.

Party politics is dead. It was bought out by corporate interests and big business decades ago. MP's don't care what you think or want.

http://takeourpowerback.net/2013/11/...hey-represent/

Last edited by rosephus; 9th May 2014 at 21:46..
rosephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 21:42   #27
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
If a referendum comes off about the EU, it won't be UKIP who will decide, it will be the electorate, the nation.
I understand that, but a landslide vote for the UKIP in the EU elections, will maybe make it clear to the other parties, that the ordinary man in the street has had enough of them and their current policies and their lies.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 21:49   #28
rosephus
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 2.0 CDTi 135+

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
I understand that, but a landslide vote for the UKIP in the EU elections, will maybe make it clear to the other parties, that the ordinary man in the street has had enough of them and their current policies and their lies.
Why? EU elections meant zilch to most people. The turnout at the last one was less than 40%. That's pathetic!

The 3 main parties don't fear Ukip in the EU elections and know for certain they haven't a hope in hells chance of being elected next year.
rosephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2014, 03:10   #29
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

It is a fact of life that not everyone will share your opinion and politics and if you don't happen to agree with someone then that is fine. But if in disagreeing with someone you try to deride, belittle or, as I read on another thread, resort to name calling with use of words like stupid you simply lose the debate along with any credibility.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2014, 05:21   #30
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
This Link may help you!

http://uk.votematch.eu/

Thanks Mark for the link, which is a fascinating site. I will have a full read later. I am about it get on a plane to ZA. Even though my politics is different to yours and having met you, I still regard you as a friend.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote