Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th May 2014, 10:59   #11
Westonboy
Posted a thing or two

Honda Jazz

Iv'e allways voted Tory and at the last general election I again voted Conservative even though we have got the most vain and obsequious sitting MP. The old bogeyman of vote UKIP get Labour overcame my better judgement, but I have no such reluctance this time, It's UKIP that will get my vote.
Westonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 12:08   #12
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westonboy View Post
Iv'e allways voted Tory and at the last general election I again voted Conservative even though we have got the most vain and obsequious sitting MP. The old bogeyman of vote UKIP get Labour overcame my better judgement, but I have no such reluctance this time, It's UKIP that will get my vote.
The only politician who has impressed in recent decades was Thatcher. I may not have agreed entirely with her policies, or what she did, but she was very strong and stuck to her guns. Before and after we have had nothing, but wishy-washy entirely unconvincing politics with no back bone.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 12:59   #13
damienp
This is my second home

skoda estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
There has to be a reason why so many legitimately make their way here, then go on TV bragging about how easy life is here, where we just throw money and houses at them.
I quite agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1 View Post
I am 100% against being part of the Eurocrats of Brussels who make all our decisions and decide what we have to do.

We pay £55 million a day into the EU, why?
That money would be better offer helping the UK.
Again, i agree.

I agree, i agree - before the thread gets shutdown. We're not allowed to talk politics you know, but yet i can come on here and say diesels are **** and get away with it.
damienp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 13:13   #14
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Pretty much agree with all that has been said previously, all the parties will promise the earth to get their hands on power then only deliver what they believe will keep them there.
We need a leader who will do whats best for our country regardless of media opinion though I doubt I will live to see this.
Snetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 13:47   #15
Roverite
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

I have voted for all three major parties over the years, but I have always voted for the party that promised the best for the UK, not me personally. At local elections I vote to keep the existing member/party, if they are doing a good job, as they are here in Telford, or the candidate that offers the best for the local community. In fact, I think local elections should be non political; it only causes problems with central government, especially if they are in opposition.

I stopped voting Labour when they wanted to ban the bomb, I stopped voting Conservative when Thatcher went too far and decimated our industry, and on their recent performance in the coalition, I will never vote Liberal again. Our problem really is that they are all going for the centre ground, but that leaves so little choice; with old Labour and Tories, you had a distinct choice. Didn't they say Tony Blair was the best Conservative Prime Minister we have ever had!

I hear what people say about Ukip, but I shall vote for them, if for nothing else than to fire a warning shot across the bows of the others.

I have always thought our democratic system is flawed and suffers from too much politicking. Every time we get a change of government, the new incumbent spends £billions undoing the old systems and implementing their own system, only for the whole sorry thing to be reversed when the next lot come in; touble is, it is our money they are wasting. Wouldn't it be nice if the major facilities provided by central government were governed by a long term cross party agreed strategy, whereby there was a continuity of control, rather than complete change, when the government changed?

Sorry, gone on a bit here!

Roverite.
Roverite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 13:52   #16
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

>>>would they be able to hit the ground running with all bases covered well enough to run the country<<<

They don't have to. The country is actually run by zillions of people in zillions of offices all over London and the UK, all working off instructions from zillions of "political PR advisers" that all parties seem to have on permanent hire...

The people we elect just go to meetings to arrange more meetings, and attend press conferences to get their photo's taken. They don't actually do anything....

Dunno why people expect political threads to get locked? provided no one starts making personal attacks, or something similarly daft, we are all adult enuff to be discus anything we like.. innit...

UKIP will get my vote in the hope something will change at last, coz I don't like where we are heading at the moment, it's pure lunacy.....
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 14:05   #17
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

My vote in the local will be non political and my vote in the Euro will be a protest vote over lack of reform.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 14:08   #18
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

I shall not even bother,no interest,all of them a bunch of wasters.

UKIP is like voting for Hitler

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 14:35   #19
Roverite
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
I shall not even bother,no interest,all of them a bunch of wasters.
If nothing changes for the good at the next General Election, I will be joining you. Disillusioned after 50 tears of having the 'vote', which we didn't get until we were 21.

Roverite.
Roverite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 15:17   #20
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverite View Post
At local elections I vote to keep the existing member/party, if they are doing a good job, as they are here in Telford, or the candidate that offers the best for the local community. In fact, I think local elections should be non political; it only causes problems with central government, especially if they are in opposition.
Good points!

I can only base my judgement on my personal dealings with the local council, which I think is Lab., but absolutely no complaints there. Our Councillor is also Lab., but our MP is Cons.

Again both Councillor and MP have been fine with their dealings with me.

As the general consensus in this thread and the earlier seems to suggest the only effective way to give our present government a good kick up the backside, is to vote UKIP, then they have my EU vote. I also quite enjoyed watching the series of vids of Nigel giving the EU Parliament some grief - you could say that vid was what persuaded me the rest of the way to UKIP.

BTW, I registered for a postal vote and it took me a good while to work out what goes in which envelope, what label to stick where and which ballot paper to put where, but I think I got it right in the end.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 9th May 2014 at 15:21..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote