Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th March 2019, 09:34   #1
handyjackdaniels
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 v6 in firefrost red

Default personalised number plates

A bargain for someone who is a bit of a magician...…...Paul Daniels widow has been persuaded to part with his personalized number plate he bought 30 years ago, with the registration MAGIC.

Only downside,,, the 150,000 pound price tag!!!!!!!!!!

You know you're gonna like it( not a lot, not a lot).

Steve.
Old 4th March 2019, 14:36   #2
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Originally an Ayrshire registration AG, CS and SD were the three registrations but for some reason we lost the AG ones and got SJ

All those original JAG plates came from Ayrshire. JAG 75 is owned by a local businessman and a simmilar plate MAG 1G was owned by a former motor dealer in Kilmarnock.
I still see it occasionally running about locally.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 19:58   #3
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyjackdaniels View Post
A bargain for someone who is a bit of a magician...…...Paul Daniels widow has been persuaded to part with his personalized number plate he bought 30 years ago, with the registration MAGIC.

Steve.
Doesn't Jimmy Tarbuck have COM1C ?

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 20:10   #4
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Doesn't Jimmy Tarbuck have COM1C ?
Barry McGuigan used to be seen driving around Belfast, in a red Espirit occasionally with BOX 1T.

But as MGZ is now out in Belfast, get yourself a ZS/ZR/ZT that has been registered in Northern Ireland and re register it MGZ

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 20:14   #5
GordyB
Gets stuck in

ZT, ZT-T

I think he must have had it longer than 30 yrs, it was on his Ferrari 308 when he came to my sixth form in 1987!! Also saw it in the late 90’s when I ended up stationary on the M4 in rush hour and he was in the lane next to me in his Roller !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2001 Connie SE Raven Black, CDT - scrapped
2004 ZT-T+ XPG, 1.8T - sold
2002 ZT+ Biomorphic Supertallic #2 of 10, CDT - sold
2004 ZT-T+ Goodwood Aquamarine, CDT - sold
2004 BMW 320d
GordyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 22:22   #6
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

The most memorable plate I ever saw was in the early 1970’s on a yellow E type ... FU 2.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2019, 05:56   #7
Roker
Regular poster

2001 Connoisseur

Default Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyjackdaniels View Post

Steve.
If a name or message etc. is still available and nobody else has it in Western Australia - then it will cost you less than £750 and that is for a super duper special and coloured plate, should that be what floats your boat. Less if you can shoe horn your message into a different style plate. I have "WEARSIDE" and it cost me $80 a few years ago and purchased to reflect my shelf company name and chosen at a moment in time when i was incredibly homesick. An affliction i have since recovered from and am in full remission of. (A desperately sick and terminally ill parent requiring 5 short notice visits to UK in 18 months will do that to you and more). Still miss the football, however, now that my team's fortunes are on the up and they have started winning again, albeit in a frustratingly lowly division.
You get ripped off for supposed numberplate exclusivity in UK. Still think it looks stupidly naff when you see people relying on 3's or 5's to resemble E's and S's etc. It is starting to creep in here too and hate it.
Best clever one i have seen here is "BAA BAA" and seen on a black Jeep, as well as "INCEY WINCEY" on an Alfa Spider. We still get the boy racers and their 2KWIK4U'S and UNVME's etc. but there are plonkers everwyhere you go.

Last edited by Roker; 7th March 2019 at 06:09..
Roker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2019, 10:44   #8
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roker View Post
If a name or message etc. is still available and nobody else has it in Western Australia - then it will cost you less than £750 and that is for a super duper special and coloured plate, should that be what floats your boat. Less if you can shoe horn your message into a different style plate. I have "WEARSIDE" and it cost me $80 a few years ago and purchased to reflect my shelf company name and chosen at a moment in time when i was incredibly homesick. An affliction i have since recovered from and am in full remission of. (A desperately sick and terminally ill parent requiring 5 short notice visits to UK in 18 months will do that to you and more). Still miss the football, however, now that my team's fortunes are on the up and they have started winning again, albeit in a frustratingly lowly division.
You get ripped off for supposed numberplate exclusivity in UK. Still think it looks stupidly naff when you see people relying on 3's or 5's to resemble E's and S's etc. It is starting to creep in here too and hate it.
Best clever one i have seen here is "BAA BAA" and seen on a black Jeep, as well as "INCEY WINCEY" on an Alfa Spider. We still get the boy racers and their 2KWIK4U'S and UNVME's etc. but there are plonkers everwyhere you go.
I like the incey wincey one lol. I like plates like that. Still wouldn't buy one, especially if it related to the car. There used to be a vw polo near me, that had something like wxi 80. I can't remember the identifier but it used to be on an Audi 80, and used to see an Audi a4 with the numbers 320 on it. Obviously previously owned a bmw. In saying that 1,2 and 3 digit plates do rise in value. But to me if they identify a previous car it looks wrong.

My old boss was obsessed with getting personal plates, spending what I heard was a 6 figure sum for 1ia. Ia being his initials. His money though and he did work for what he's got, so fair play to him.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2019, 17:22   #9
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
The most memorable plate I ever saw was in the early 1970’s on a yellow E type ... FU 2.
That used to belong to Fiona Fullerton - not sure if she still has it. It was up for sale in 2000 for £300,000 (Range Rover included!)
coolguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2019, 20:48   #10
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Many years ago, when I worked as an insurance broker, one of our customers bought himself 12 AXE for his Jag.
We couldn't work out what relevance it had to him, the car, his business - anything.
He told us it was because he had a one foot chopper

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote