Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th October 2020, 09:08   #1
Matt G
Regular poster

MG ZT 190+ (Development car), mg zt 190SE (Twilight), MG ZS 180

Default 2004 ex MGR factory Rover 75 Contemporary, 2.5 v6 53,500 miles- 12mths MOT- SOLD

SOLD

£750 Ono (Based Just outside Maidenhead )

2004 Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 v6 ex MGR factory car with 53,500 miles in Royal blue (JFM)- With 12 mths MOT, so 1 more saved!!!

Ex Factory MG Rover Car built in May 2004 when the Mk 2 contemporary was just released and kept within the company until November 2004, when it was sold by SMC Slough with only 264 miles on the clock, so It did not drive far in the factory, display car ??I don’t know what it did in the factory but it was registered to “MG Rover company vehicles ltd” and was stamped “Phoenix” in the service manual, see last picture.

It then spent basically the rest of its life with the same owner who put the 53,500 miles on the clock until unfortunately they passed away 5 years ago, so it never failed an MOT!. I have the original invoice of sale. From then on it was parked up and just left , someone else bought it and I purchased it, as a spares repair car for my MG ZT with its interior missing.

I realised then it was to good to break and from then on I set about trying to get it back on the road, even the sills are all solid. I set about sourcing a new interior and although not the original leather sports seats they are still electric and heated front seats. The biggest problem the car has experienced is that it had a few dings and scratches on it, The worst one by far is the scrape on the passenger side rear door arch (see picture). I have changed 2 doors And the bonnet, to tidy up the car, plus fixed the rear lights leaking and changed the carpet, as it had a big hole worn in it. It’s not perfect yet, but more than presentable and considerably better than it was. I have also Replaced 3 tyres, Windscreen wipers and replaced some exhaust Rubber mounts and it now has 12 months MOT on it, so it’s been saved and ready for the next person to try and bring it that next step closer to perfection.

It does need some TLC, firstly there quite a few small shopping trolley dents and scratches that needs tidying up, plus rear wheel arch small scuff. I cannot find any evidence of the timing belt being changed, so would describe that as a very high priority job, the sat nav box in the boot was damaged with the water ( screen on centre console does light up) and the headlining is just starting to go in a few places.

I am only selling as I have just acquired another project MG and 1 car has to go Unfortunately, the boss has spoken.

So to summaries.

Positives
Ex factory MGR car, giving it a bit of history
12 months MOT
Low mileage Only 53,500 miles on the clock.
Sills all solid, so no signs of any welding needed. (See pictures)
Tidy electric and heated interior interior
Kardon Harman sound box
Meteor 17 inch alloys
Nice dry carpet And interior ( have a picture of the car stripped out)
Car was service at 47,000 miles

Negatives
A Few scuffs, Scratches and little Dents, that need polishing out/ working out with pointless dent removal
Repair small scrape on rear arch
Needs Timing belt changing, as I cannot find any receipt to show it done.
Slightly sagging roof lining in places, but still ok at present
Sat nav fitted but doesn’t work, ( the boot was flooded on purchase, now repaired, so suspecting. It is the Sat nav box in the boot that needs replacing, but all there, screen does power up, if plugged in)

Viewing welcome to see it and of course collection only. I’m struggling to get pictures to download, so more than happy to email pictures to anyone interested, ( I’ll keep trying)

£750 Ono

Contact details
Tel: 07766736820
Email [email protected]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C652B160-C44D-4AFB-95AE-7D8A8A2D8960.jpg (20.6 KB, 94 views)

Last edited by Matt G; 24th October 2020 at 19:24.. Reason: Price change
Matt G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2020, 09:15   #2
Matt G
Regular poster

Pictures ( apologises if they appear upside down)
Old 21st October 2020, 06:40   #3
Matt G
Regular poster

Documents showing MG Rover vehicle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 62643BB3-C655-4058-843A-95CC9A31F50E.jpg (16.0 KB, 57 views)