Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st October 2018, 11:49   #51
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyRover View Post
When I see them shutting down airports instead of building them I'll start to worry about my fossil fuel motor.
No need Billy, have a look here.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2018, 18:24   #52
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Dyson Electric Car

Dyson News.

The all new Dyson electric cars will be the ultimate vehicle hand built in Malaysia featuring none patentable patented technolgy.

The heart of the vehicle is 1400 AA batteries charged by turbo fans linked to DC generators strategically positioned on the roof and behind the front grill, these will power 4 minature electric motors probably the most powerful ever used.

The vehicle will feature 4 strategicly placed vacum hose outlets thus allowing the owner to clean at least 4 rooms at the same time, a range of attachments will be neatly stored in the space usually reserved for a spare wheel however, the Dyson will further feature alloy wheels with solid puncture resistant tyres.

Passenger comfort is provided by a novel air curtain window configuration similar to the Dyson none patentable patented fan system as widely used in the home.

The company to date have not released the retail price of the Dyson Electric Car (DEC) however, a spokesman said.. we are hoping to complete road trials by end of 2019 the DEC will be disguised as a giant vacum cleaner during trials so as not draw attention thus protecting the patented none patentable design as per company policy.

Last edited by rustymotor; 24th October 2018 at 13:40..
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2018, 20:56   #53
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
Wat worries me the most is that very few people question this whole move. Global warming, or as they now call it "climate change" is just a new excuse for taxes, and a new way for governments to force us to finance their employment schemes.
The whole concept is based on questionable "science" and scientists that do not agree are branded "climate deniers" boxing them with Holocaust deniers.
It is worrisome that people are so badly educated, informed or indoctrinated that they do not question such antics.
Climate change has always been with us, and to separate the background noise from man made changes is the issue.
What is going on at the moment is pure idiocy. In Germany they will scrap almost new cars, to sell newer models. Somebody do the sums regarding the cost of this, and it can only make sense to an economist! One of those that claim that war is good, because it drives economic growth!
What you are describing is the capitalist system at work to make money out of nothing. If you follow it through and find out costs of the saviour electric vehicles, you will find that the economics do not compute, nor does their supposed ‘greenness’ credentials. It’s all baloney like ‘carbon permits. Making money out of nothingness.
The problem is that so many people believe everything they read.
Old 23rd October 2018, 21:09   #54
LeRich
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Cont SE 1.8T

It's worth remembering that the emergence of electrification coincides with the advent of automation. If your terraced house doesn't have charging capability it won't matter - the car will take itself off to charge somewhere.

Many manufacturers are slowly reshaping themselves as 'mobility providers' because of this capability. Younger generations favour renting, leasing and subscribing over ownership, so in future we will be more likely to rent a vehicle on a use-by-use basis, summoning a vehicle when it's needed, and telling it to drive us where we want to go.
Old 24th October 2018, 00:07   #55
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

So Uber drivers be very, very scared! If you had to park and ride a Twizy into our cities, with all car parks fitted with Twizy charging points (inductive wireless charging exists now), we would have far less congestion. But just look at the aggravation and mayhem caused by laying smart motorway infrastructure into the M6, and imagine that down every street. Technology was supposed to share its benefits, make us all better off for fewer hours of work. But those who control, or can maintain the technology, will be richer - possibly working remotely from home. The rest of us will simply be redundant, so won't need transport, in the eyes of the elite, governing class. We'll need home gyms, virtual TVs and communication devices, so we can live our lives in one place. As for buying batteries, many EV manufacturers only rent them to you at a charge which brings running costs much closer to eco petrol or diesel, as you are allowed limited mileage.
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2018, 13:10   #56
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb View Post
So Uber drivers be very, very scared! If you had to park and ride a Twizy into our cities, with all car parks fitted with Twizy charging points (inductive wireless charging exists now), we would have far less congestion. But just look at the aggravation and mayhem caused by laying smart motorway infrastructure into the M6, and imagine that down every street. Technology was supposed to share its benefits, make us all better off for fewer hours of work. But those who control, or can maintain the technology, will be richer - possibly working remotely from home. The rest of us will simply be redundant, so won't need transport, in the eyes of the elite, governing class. We'll need home gyms, virtual TVs and communication devices, so we can live our lives in one place. As for buying batteries, many EV manufacturers only rent them to you at a charge which brings running costs much closer to eco petrol or diesel, as you are allowed limited mileage.

Speaking of the M6 it's to get the first of the new huge super charging hubs at Carlisle.
https://insideevs.com/huge-new-charging-hub-built-uk/

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2018, 13:36   #57
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

I see the government (who are being sued by "Client Earth" on environmental law) are passing on the responsibility to local councils to tackle NO2 pollution on certain roads that have been blacklisted.
One of the blacklisted roads being near my neck o the woods, Bolton St Peters way A666.

"The Government has now instructed Greater Manchester, along with dozens of other areas, to put forward proposals to tackle NO2 air pollution. Bolton Council, with the nine other Greater Manchester councils, is working to create a joint Clean Air Plan ­— in collaboration with Public Health England and the Joint Air Quality Unit".

Does this mean pollution taxes or banning certain older vehicles from using these roads! as I cant see any other way and we all know how skint local authorities are.
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news...er-manchester/

Old 24th October 2018, 13:44   #58
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Guess they could start by shutting down Heathrow and Manchester airports..
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2018, 08:12   #59
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymotor View Post
Guess they could start by shutting down Heathrow and Manchester airports..

I've just been reading that Madrid is banning all non electric cars from the city as early as next month, November 2018. It's getting scary how it's snowballing. https://www.electrive.com/2018/10/24...m-city-centre/

Old 27th October 2018, 10:51   #60
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
I've just been reading that Madrid is banning all non electric cars from the city as early as next month, November 2018. It's getting scary how it's snowballing. https://www.electrive.com/2018/10/24...m-city-centre/
City centre will be almost empty, but at least Madrid has a much cheaper public transport system than London.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote