Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st May 2018, 19:50   #11
dauphin
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Added another picture

I’ve just added a second picture to the link. Doesn’t look like the same car does it, I know! This is a better representation of the difference in appearance, relatively slight but still noticeable.
dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2018, 20:40   #12
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

I don't know Andrew, it looked the same colour when covered in muck and snow and sleet when I last saw the car

Anyway it's been knackered by being pushed shut, why not get a decent dent free bonnet and have it painted, along with that dig in the NSR part of the sill

It would certainly cheer it up no end

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2018, 20:59   #13
dauphin
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
I don't know Andrew, it looked the same colour when covered in muck and snow and sleet when I last saw the car

Anyway it's been knackered by being pushed shut, why not get a decent dent free bonnet and have it painted, along with that dig in the NSR part of the sill

It would certainly cheer it up no end

Brian
You are right of course Brian - I plan to get that sill sorted out at least; not so sure about shelling out for the bonnet at this stage, I may just live with it. The green car only came back last week from having that awful gouged rear bumper repaired and painted!
Old 21st May 2018, 21:15   #14
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphin View Post
You are right of course Brian - I plan to get that sill sorted out at least; not so sure about shelling out for the bonnet at this stage, I may just live with it. The green car only came back last week from having that awful gouged rear bumper repaired and painted!
Paint booth is under construction in the new unit as we speak though

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2018, 21:35   #15
dauphin
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Yours? If so, book me in! Just realised I've got a replacement bonnet in HFF for the green car and the old green bonnet may be good enough to rub down and respray in blue. I will have to check it over with that in mind.
Old 21st May 2018, 21:56   #16
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Paint booth is under construction in the new unit as we speak though

Brian
Leave the paint off and let them rust gnasher...

As the oxygen is released from the steel you are actually helping the environment...
Old 22nd May 2018, 05:47   #17
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Looking at your pic you would expect the older paint on the wings would be lighter due to fade, metalics are notorious anyways and can look different just from the way the metalic particles lay down.

Just painted the bonnet on my C180 and the new paint is a shade brighter but when I knock it back with compound it will look ok.

Last edited by rustymotor; 22nd May 2018 at 05:49..
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2018, 07:33   #18
dauphin
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymotor View Post
Looking at your pic you would expect the older paint on the wings would be lighter due to fade, metalics are notorious anyways and can look different just from the way the metalic particles lay down.

Just painted the bonnet on my C180 and the new paint is a shade brighter but when I knock it back with compound it will look ok.

I doubt whether it’s down to fading on my car. The wings may be a lighter colour, but they are a more vivid, brighter blue than the bonnet and also they are consistent with all the other panels on the car, whether directly exposed to the sun or not.

Your newly painted bonnet looks a very close match to me and I can well believe that it will blend in even closer once you have worked on it, whereas there’s no way mine ever would.

I think the bottom line is that my bonnet must have been resprayed at some point, rather than having come from the factory like this, as nobody who has replied has suggested poor quality control at the factory as the likely cause. I appreciate all the comments - as Brian says, the bonnet was damaged anyway shortly before I bought the car, when the previous owner tried to get it to close by shoving it, so if I decide to do anything about it, it’ll be easier to start with a decent replacement bonnet and get that sprayed to match - hopefully!
Old 22nd May 2018, 08:40   #19
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

The silly thing was this, my bonnet had been hit from the front which produced a nice kink about a 1/3 up from the grill..found one at a breakers in Newmarket £70 no marks on it in blue. Was wondering how to get it, wouldn't fit in the back of the car even it's an estate, thought maybe hire a van then had a light bulb moment, drove the car to the breaker and swapped them over.

Yes, doubt it would have come from the factory like that, replace the bonnet as they are so difficult to repair..match the paint then as Brian says.

Last edited by rustymotor; 22nd May 2018 at 08:49..
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote