Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th February 2019, 19:47   #1
Djangoz
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 CDTi Auto 2004 ****SOLD****

Now SOLD to a local club member

MOT until 01/09/2019 92400 miles (still in regular use)

Reg BA04VTT Starlight Silver MBB

Pictures taken today plus an earlier picture of the custom dials on test in Rick Bhullar's workshop

Switchable automatic gearbox, ABS, Air conditioning, Alarm/Immobiliser, Body coloured bumpers, Remote central locking (2 keys), Driver and Passenger airbags (x4), Heated Electric mirrors, Split folding rear seats, Front and Rear electric windows, Automatic dual climate control, Cruise control, Black oak finish dashboard trim, Black leather seat trim (sports seats), Electric memory driver`s seat with height adjustment and lumbar support, Electric passenger`s seat, Heated seats, PAS, Steering wheel rake and reach adjustment, Roof rails, 17” Alloy wheels, Front fog lights, Rear parking sensors, Harmon Kardon audio amp and speakers.

Navall Star Android 2 Din audio system including Reversing camera, Satellite Navigation (iGo), Blutooth Hands Free connection and BT audio playing, FM/AM radio, Multimedia, DVD player, Aux in, DVR, iPad or iPhone connections.

Averages an indicated 33-36mpg

I've owned this car since Dec 2016 and whilst in my care – it has had engine oil change and the following filters Oil, Fuel, Cabin, Air, and PCV. In addition, the majority of the typical Rover 75 problem areas have been addressed including:-

Automatic gearbox fluid change, New air conditioning condenser – drained, leak tested and recharged and working correctly, Replacement electronic climate control blower fan controller, Gold low speed cooling fan resistor fitted, Viton intercooler rings, Silicone intercooler hoses x2, Inline thermostat mod, Electric mirror/window switch replaced, Bonnet release mod, Plenum drains cleared and Jule's protective shield fitted plus “spyhole” mod, Front coil spring protectors fitted, Factory cruise control retrofit (fully T4 incorporated), Replacement and upgraded handbrake compensator and new handbrake shoes, Replacement and fully functioning heated rear window, Rear discs pads and sensor (and one caliper) replaced, Auxiliary drive belts (both), Rear exhaust section, set of customised dials from Rick (original dials retained and will be supplied with the car if you wish to revert to original).

The front subframe crossmember has been replaced with a reconditioned, derusted and freshly painted and protected used unit. The rear subframe has been removed, derusted and painted with rust protecting paint. Both rear suspension arms replaced with similarly treated secondhand units. The chassis mounting points were also treated at the same time. Fuel tank mounting straps derusted and refinished. Front strut top bearings replaced.

All four alloy wheels were reconditioned and three of them remain largely unmarked – although one has some degree of kerbing. Tyres all legal (one almost new) – tracking recently checked and adjusted.

Most of the major mechanical and diagnostic work (suspension, brakes, autobox service, T4 sessions etc.,) was carried out by Exeter Road Garage of Newton Abbot.

Receipts for around £2500 of parts and labour since 2016

Jobs left to do – attend to some scuffs on the front and rear bumpers, overdue for service (oil and filters to do the job will come included with the car), Headlamp lenses could do with a polish although passed MOT without any issue, IPK display (driver information) has some lines – Rick had a go at delining while he was doing the dials. It worked for a while but the lines returned so will need a new display screen if it bothers you!. Small amount of water drips onto amplifier in O/S rear cubby. Probably coming from the upper tailgate hinge area - never got round to using Captain Tolley's - just put a tupperware with a sponge in it and remember to squeeze it out once every 2 or 3 weeks if it's been raining a lot. Seldom an issue. The interior and load area are NOT damp at all.

She's a lovely car to drive and relatively unusual in the Contemporary spec which I happen to prefer to the more traditional interiors. I'd like to get £1500 for her and I truly think she's worth it bearing in mind all the work you WONT have to do after buying her! You can buy one for £300 to £750 and still end up having to spend the same sort of money (and more) that I did on top to get it right.

I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with her but I fancy a change. I've got a 2003 Saab 9-5 Aero Estate coming in a fortnight and I'd really like to free up the room on my driveway!

Last edited by Djangoz; 16th February 2019 at 16:24..
Djangoz is offline   Reply With Quote