Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th February 2019, 18:21   #381
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
In 2007, we got caught out in the financial crash when our Icelandic bank on the Isle of Man was frozen by the Labour government and then the bank went into administration.

What we did was to set up a web site, a closed group. In it we offered peer support to each other. We had a blog for people to post stuff up and for our own administrators to post up progress reports, advise about problems/issues. Some people lost more than we did, they lost their life savings!

In the group was a lawyer and others who had the skills needed. We got everyone on board to pursue our case and to keep us updated via the blog on our website.

It went to court on the IOM and we won. Everyone in the group got their money back in block amounts: their savings and investments with interest. It took us 10 years!....It was a long haul. The management of the bank was investigated by the police in Iceland and some of them ended up in prison.

What I am saying is this ...."Where there is a will, there is a way".
I thought Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander depositors compensation was limited to £10000 Phil?

It's for this reason I tend to spread my savings over a few different UK banks, that way, if any go into administration then you are covered by the deposit guarantee scheme for up to £85000.

Anyway, I suspect there will be a lot of broken trails involved the chase of this particular shyster, but hopefully he will get his just desserts, and the people he fleeced, their money back

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2019, 19:05   #382
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
I thought Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander depositors compensation was limited to £10000 Phil?

It's for this reason I tend to spread my savings over a few different UK banks, that way, if any go into administration then you are covered by the deposit guarantee scheme for up to £85000.

Anyway, I suspect there will be a lot of broken trails involved the chase of this particular shyster, but hopefully he will get his just desserts, and the people he fleeced, their money back

Brian
All I can do Brian is to give you a truthful reply. The people including ourselves in our group, had our money returned, not all at once as it came in dribs and drabs over 10 years.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2019, 19:10   #383
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
All I can do Brian is to give you a truthful reply. The people including ourselves in our group, had our money returned, not all at once as it came in dribs and drabs over 10 years.
Well the main thing is you got your money back in full, a relative of mine who worked for a company based in Douglas wasn't quite as fortunate

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2019, 19:16   #384
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
I thought Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander depositors compensation was limited to £10000 Phil? …….
We had funds in Kaupthing at the time of the collapse. I seem to recall at the time, Gordon Brown stated that as a one off, all funds would be covered over and above the FCSC limit. Indeed, a friend of mine had in excess of £100k with them, and he eventually got every penny. It took some time though.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2019, 19:22   #385
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Well the main thing is you got your money back in full, a relative of mine who worked for a company based in Douglas wasn't quite as fortunate

Brian
Thanks Brian I am very sorry to hear about your relative. Off-shore bank accounts in those days attracted higher interest rates than on the mainland, but with that came higher risks in not being covered by the guarantees and legislation, you now have today in the UK.

"t's for this reason I tend to spread my savings over a few different UK banks, that way, if any go into administration then you are covered by the deposit guarantee scheme for up to £85000" - Brian, clearly there are no flies on you
Old 10th February 2019, 20:09   #386
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:

Brian

I would suggest they will be very unlikely to get their money back, it will be long gone, but putting a group complaint into the police, they may well be able to have him traced and have stopped from fleecing any more good people of their hard earned. Doing nothing, he will be allowed to continue.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2019, 20:37   #387
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

I dont know if this has been put up before, and I am likely wrong and giving false leads, but had been reading all of your woes, and was wanting to nosy at his facebook etc, without finding anything recent. Most recent was an Italian fellow complaining about non delivery - so the problem is likely to be Europewide if not worldwide. Surely a class action would be feasible like Gatekeeper is hinting towards.

I recall seeing some ads a few years ago on a BMW website. It was these ads that stopped me from ordering from him. He was blowing smoke up their arses too. Has anyone scoured the net for other marques' clubs/forums for his frauds?

I tried to find out if Canada have a similar format to our Company House, that perhaps could yield an address for folk to direct any law enforcement to. The closest I could find was a Zoom Info page.

36 Wharncliffe Rd S
London, Ontario

"current resident" apparently an S Archibald.

which looks to be a residential address, but that to me is how I imagined he operated (from home). also listed as Honda Radios

perhaps Luke can help?

This got me thinking, about how he operated. Was he a wholsesaler based in Canada, or was he a regional rep of sorts for a parent company like Qualir? (their websites' addresses are different, but a hell of a coincidence). (whois is a little confusing as it suggests the website is closed when investigating further, since 2015) Did he steal their name for his own use? Was he working for them, and did a bit on the side, subsequently being fired from them? There seems to be little information about him. I do not think he purposely set out to swindle everyone. Although I believe something happened, be it personal or with his employment status, and he has dealt with it by burying his head firmly up his own rectal cavity. Perhaps even in jail for fraud (?) - I cannot find anywhere to order something from him (I wanted to ask questions about ordering, via a contact us option).

Again my apologies if this has been mentioned somewhere else and I have missed it.

EDIT: I am not saying above that S. Archibald or Luke are Sean, or suggesting Sean used a pseudonym. It seems the address I linked to is divided into 3 apartments (this is apparent in the sales listing)

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!

Last edited by clf; 11th February 2019 at 14:25..
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2019, 07:05   #388
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

My younger brother was part of a UK task force with the FBI tracking down and prosecuting internet paedophiles, so the technology and the skills is there.

Who is up to the task for the next step?

The ones in this thread who have lost out, how about it, which of you is the most vocal, articulate to make the complaint. Whoever it is, must have the motivation and follow up to make it stick?

The ones affected by Sean, need satisfaction and resolution.
Come on, be brave and step up to the task.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 11th February 2019 at 07:08..
Old 11th February 2019, 11:20   #389
first-things-first
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

I feel for you people who have lost out, I have dug around and found a few small snippets that may be of use. Maybe you already have this information ...

As has been said this all needs collating. I think Jeff and Tony need to "spill the beans" on their dealings as well as any "banter" in communications may give clues as to his actual location / interests / etc. that will lead to tracking this slippery person down.

I am not implying that Jeff and Tony were in any way complicit with his actions.

If you all want to go further with this, you have to assume he is monitoring this thread closely and I think putting all the information on here is giving too much away, so I will gladly PM a coordinator of my small findings.
first-things-first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2019, 13:34   #390
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by first-things-first View Post
I feel for you people who have lost out, I have dug around and found a few small snippets that may be of use. Maybe you already have this information ...

As has been said this all needs collating. I think Jeff and Tony need to "spill the beans" on their dealings as well as any "banter" in communications may give clues as to his actual location / interests / etc. that will lead to tracking this slippery person down.

I am not implying that Jeff and Tony were in any way complicit with his actions.

If you all want to go further with this, you have to assume he is monitoring this thread closely and I think putting all the information on here is giving too much away, so I will gladly PM a coordinator of my small findings.

I would only be too happy to give any info that I have. Which is minimumal, i have no address or contact number for "Sean Moore"if that is what his true name was? When I needed to contact it was either by email or Skype. The only thing I have was a banking account name, which was not inthe name of Sean Moore and his sort code and account number. I too have had money that I have lost,in my dealings with "Sean" so I stand with the other members on this forum and possibly other forums trying to get their money back.

Membership No 135
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote