Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14th February 2020, 09:52   #1
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

Default Driving style and pleasure – The original me versus the current me

Maybe it's just me

It hit me recently how my driving style and preferences have changed over the eleven year course of ownership of my two 75's.

Back when I first got Roxy, she was in need of some TLC, with a fading maf, a broken original fan, a clogged EGR and a severe lack of oomph from her Xpower 131PS state of tune. I set about making her nicer to drive with a K&N air filter, EGR bypass, sports exhaust, Synergy Ronbox, good servicing, millers diesel treatment every tankful, new Viton rings and Jules's fan upgrade, the usual mods and she was like a rocketship compared to her standard self. Settings on number 10 (Turbo nutter B*st*ard mode) on the synergy and I was really loving the new found power off the line and on overtaking. I'll admit to enjoying many a 'go' with BMW's and Audi's and the like who I often saw off (they were never expecting a 75 to have the pull she has).

Two speeding tickets later (I never got one during my 30 year motorbike ownership), and a speed awareness course that was informative and quite shocking, plus another decade on my body and brain, and it dawned on me that I had slowly slipped into an entirely new mindset and driving manner without really giving it much thought.

A decade on I still have all the mods fitted and working, the Synergy 2a is always set to 7 and the 160bhp remap has served me well for many years... But.... I now revel in the fact that both 75's are kept in tip top mechanical shape, regularly serviced and an absolute joy to waft around in in sheer blissful comfort. The power is there when I need to pull out quickly or overtake, but I find myself no longer hurrying along, rather just sticking to speed limits (OK, admittedly I go over 30 in 30 zones, but not by much), and I stick to 70 on long journeys to Scotland and Wales, and am nowadays so content to enjoy the graceful comfort and effortless cruising capabilities of the cars. Slowing down has also really put into perspective how wonderful the 75 is as a luxurious limousine and a long distance crusier, and I enjoy the driving experience even more these days.

Now aged 56 and retired, I'd honestly say that I enjoy driving the 75's more than ever and that all of that graceful, elegant comfort fits in perfectly with my driving mindset. The younger me saw a NEED to use the new found power and acceleration BECAUSE IT WAS THERE , whereas the current me loves the fact the power is there, and enjoys the knowledge that it can be unleashed whenever it is needed. I guess age and experience comes into it, but I can honestly say I love and appreciate my 75's MORE now than at any point during the last eleven years. I still look forward to driving them, but also enjoy the driving experience moreso than ever before
MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT - Dynamic Red Tri-Coat with Sardana red Bader leather interior. K&N filter.Weathershields.Mudflaps.Sundshades.Slot mats.Quilted rear seat protector.Latch guards.Fabric & rubber mats.Fabric & rubber Loadliners.Full alloy spare.MG seatbelt covers.Aussie chrome tailgate strip & bumper protector.Autoglymn lifeshine.Indonesian tailgate badge.Chrome steering wheel cover.
ALPACA is offline   Reply With Quote