Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th June 2014, 19:55   #241
seancar
Banned

75 tourer and t4

I can do south coast brighton to dover
seancar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2014, 20:10   #242
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoMan View Post
As a matter of interest, how many people have used this successfully?

I ask because some time ago I tried using it on 3 occasions and never even got a reply to my PM's...???
TBH I have no idea. As it is all done by members clicking the members name and sending them a PM Sorry to hear that it did not work for you, but recently the list has been fully updated and a few names were taken off as they were no longer active....

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancar View Post
I can do south coast brighton to dover
Thanks Sean, you have been added to the list

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2014, 20:25   #243
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

I hear what you are saying Drag, but I was quite dissapointed not to even get a response - I would have understood perfectly if the persons concerned replied stating that they were unable to view... But to just ignore...?? After all, it was they that were offering...
Old 9th June 2014, 22:19   #244
Frank Incensed
Ex 75 Owner

75 Tourerless

Default The Experiences of a Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoMan View Post
As a matter of interest, how many people have used this successfully?

I ask because some time ago I tried using it on 3 occasions and never even got a reply to my PM's...???
Not bothering to reply is simply not on, but TBH there are problems for the viewers (for me any rate). I've had requests from 5 people, but I've only got to see one car - and that was a £700 shed but with an immaculate engine and FBH.
In the other four cases either the car had been sold before I could go to see it, in the meantime the requester had opted to buy another car instead (in one case they'd put a deposit on another one before asking me to do a viewing), or they hadn't been able to convince me they were a genuine buyer (not sure of what colour / engine / spec / mileage they wanted, or the price they were prepared to pay) and I think it's a bit off if someone expects another to do a round trip of say 60 miles and spend half a day of their time on a mere whim.

355188 of 355194
Frank Incensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2014, 22:34   #245
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

But there are a few stories of successful co-operation on these boards where the system has worked. The result being is that either the buyer was saved a trip and others where the car was subsequently bought by the buyer. So a case of half a dozen of one and half a dozen of the other.... That is life, as they say

As stated earlier, the list has been recently updated and everyone on there had answered my PM asking if they wanted to stay on the list or not. Or have subsequently been added. Where there was no reply the names were removed. Can't do much more than that......

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2014, 12:47   #246
Frank Incensed
Ex 75 Owner

75 Tourerless

Smile The Potential is There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post
But there are a few stories of successful co-operation on these boards where the system has worked. The result being is that either the buyer was saved a trip and others where the car was subsequently bought by the buyer. So a case of half a dozen of one and half a dozen of the other.... That is life, as they say

As stated earlier, the list has been recently updated and everyone on there had answered my PM asking if they wanted to stay on the list or not. Or have subsequently been added. Where there was no reply the names were removed. Can't do much more than that......
Andrew, your maintenance of this register is appreciated. I was just trying to present the other side of the coin - the requester / the viewer. I believe the service is a worthwhile one to offer.
I'm happy that I haven't made any wasted journeys and I think I did something useful for one person with a limited budget, whom I saved from making a much longer one.
Unfortunately, time isn't always on one's side and some people have unrealistic expectations, or are prepared to abuse the system. As you say, that's a microcosm of life.
Regards
Robert

355188 of 355194
Frank Incensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 14:31   #247
RayDar
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer CDt

Well it certainly worked for the member who bought my Rover 75. One of the "volunteers" came to look at it would have liked to buy it himself, but being well ZTT'd at this time simply reported on condition etc. to the potential purchaser; who then agreed to buy "sight unseen" . Mind you, he was in France and might have missed a good opportunity if he had not moved quickly.
RayDar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2014, 06:40   #248
mbev51
Banned

Removed

hi
I'm the buyer of Ray's car, as he has said I could not have committed to it's purchase without the appraisal by another member. Its a great facility, I'm very grateful to all concerned, just heading back from france tomorrow and looking forward to picking the car up shortly.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2014, 06:46   #249
steve811
Banned

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE

I have asked for members to look at two cars recently in two different parts of the country. One was a deafening silence and the other members replied and warned me off both cars! Since then I bought a car off Ebay and travelled 200 miles to collect it!
steve811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2014, 19:36   #250
john493
Avid contributor

75 Tourer CDT

Default North Oxon

Happy to look at potential purchases in North Oxfordshire / South Warks for serious buyers.