Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th August 2012, 15:57   #1
Steve916
This is my second home

Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE and a Ford S-Max Titanium

Default Manifold pressure sensor

I have fitted my vvc alloy inlet manifold today, in place of the plastic one which had a slight leak. Everything went according to plan until the very last sensor.
On the vvc manifold, the pressure sensor on the left hand end doesn't match up with the plug on the original loom
The vvc one has 3 pins, but the original Rover one has 4 pins. Can anybody that has fitted this please tell me how they got over this?
Original part number MHK100820
VVC part number MHK100490
I can't just fit the original into the vvc manifold as the sensor is bigger than the hole in the end of the manifold.
Please help
Plenums, bonnet release mod, handbrake compensator (arctic), rear parking sensors, coolant level sensor (Vindaloo), DRL's, Fan resistor upgrade ( Jules), Marmite lighting, Auto dimming rear view mirror, twin horns, fog lights, real walnut dash, walnut gear knob, Sean DD unit with DVB-T, message centre ipk, electric sun blind, auto opening boot lid, walnut steering wheel, electric seats

Link to my Auto Boot Lift Mod
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=114273
Steve916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 16:07   #2
dissy1810
Posted a thing or two

mgzt 160 1.8 lpg

Sadly you must have bought an earlier type manifold the later has the same sensor fitted, the only way round this is to re drill and tap the holes for your sensor to fit I did this and it worked fine
dissy1810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 16:22   #3
Steve916
This is my second home

Thanks mate, I thought that might be the case. I guess the car cannot be driven with this disconnected, just to get me to work, where I can drill it out?
Plenums, bonnet release mod, handbrake compensator (arctic), rear parking sensors, coolant level sensor (Vindaloo), DRL's, Fan resistor upgrade ( Jules), Marmite lighting, Auto dimming rear view mirror, twin horns, fog lights, real walnut dash, walnut gear knob, Sean DD unit with DVB-T, message centre ipk, electric sun blind, auto opening boot lid, walnut steering wheel, electric seats

Old 6th August 2012, 16:34   #4
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

If you talk about the MAP sensor, then you most likely can drive the car without it,. I would block the hole in that case, with something that's not getting sucked into the manifold. I did, with mine (V6) and although the car misbehaved, I drove it about 15 km to get another sensor put in.
But, of course the best would be to take the manifold off and get it sorted.
I am not sure the cat will like it. (driving with a disconnected MAP sensor, that is.)
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 16:45   #5
Steve916
This is my second home

I have about 15 miles to drive to work and then I can strip it down again and drill it out to the correct size to fit the sensor. The hole is blocked off at the moment with the old vvc sensor, so no extra air getting in.

Old 6th August 2012, 22:47   #6
Steve916
This is my second home

All sorted
Removed top half of manifold, drilled and reamed sensor hole to 12.5mm and bolted sensor in position. Runs like clockwork and no leaks

Old 7th August 2012, 12:33   #7
Hogwarzt
Gets stuck in

MG ZT CDTI 170BHP, PUG CC 180 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve916 View Post
All sorted
Removed top half of manifold, drilled and reamed sensor hole to 12.5mm and bolted sensor in position. Runs like clockwork and no leaks

Is this the same as yours? What the diameter on the 'older' version? I've obviously removed the VVC ....

Rich

Hogwarzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2012, 14:24   #8
Steve916
This is my second home

Rich, I think I can now see the difference between the older type and the newer type
On yours,which must be the newer type, where the MAP sensor fits on the opposite end to the throttle body, it's angled. On mine it has a square end. The hole for the sensor on mine was about 9.5mm diameter so I had to drill it out 3mm bigger.
Love the logo idea btw. You need to try out the Rover logo next

Old 7th August 2012, 16:25   #9
Hogwarzt
Gets stuck in

MG ZT CDTI 170BHP, PUG CC 180 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve916 View Post
Rich, I think I can now see the difference between the older type and the newer type
On yours,which must be the newer type, where the MAP sensor fits on the opposite end to the throttle body, it's angled. On mine it has a square end. The hole for the sensor on mine was about 9.5mm diameter so I had to drill it out 3mm bigger.
Love the logo idea btw. You need to try out the Rover logo next
ok cheers, it's def larger than 9.5mm diameter.

I'll give the other Logo a try

cheers
Rich

Last edited by Hogwarzt; 7th August 2012 at 16:28..
Hogwarzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2012, 16:34   #10
Steve916
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogwarzt View Post
ok cheers, it's def larger than 9.5mm diameter.

I'll give the other Logo a try

cheers
Rich
Yours looks like it will be the 12.5mm required
I'm trying to get a price to have one of these manifolds chromed