75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Now sorted thanks to Trikey and Debs
Old 7th April 2020, 10:35   #12
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Look closely at the gear cassette there is no way to get a lock tool on to the cassette. As said now sorted anyway thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200407_110924_HDR.jpg (137.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 20200407_110955_HDR.jpg (147.3 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by RPWC; 7th April 2020 at 10:37..
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2020, 12:22   #13
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Look closely at the gear cassette there is no way to get a lock tool on to the cassette. As said now sorted anyway thanks.
You are sorted now, but the tool I listed before will work (it is a chinese seller though). It is a thin walled splined socket. If you look into the freewheel hub in the first image you can see the splines. If it is too tight, you can use a chain type oil filter removal tool to create added purchase.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2020, 12:29   #14
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
You are sorted now, but the tool I listed before will work (it is a chinese seller though). It is a thin walled splined socket. If you look into the freewheel hub in the first image you can see the splines. If it is too tight, you can use a chain type oil filter removal tool to create added purchase.
Just been and had a look at the wheel, I see what you mean now. In the video it looks like the socket fits inside the front face of the bottom sprocket.
Old 7th April 2020, 12:49   #15
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Just been and had a look at the wheel, I see what you mean now. In the video it looks like the socket fits inside the front face of the bottom sprocket.
AT the start of the video yes, but the part of the video that applies to your type of hub is HERE. In my 'suggested' list, there is a video showing the method I used to use to change the bearings HERE.

Old 7th April 2020, 14:18   #16
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default You can use....

Quote:
I've found that with this type of cassette you can tap an old type box spanner in and the tommy bar does the rest, failing that you can tap in the box spanner and tip the wheel upside down in a vice and use the wheel to undo it.
This is my current ride, I've modified it quite a bit and it's very smooth on the roads.

The White Raleigh cost me £20 off a bloke who bought it for his son, the son never rode it for fear of upsetting his mother who'd divorced the bloke.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180529_175516.jpg (140.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6212 - Copy.jpg (141.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6214 - Copy.jpg (143.4 KB, 14 views)
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2020, 15:07   #17
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
I've found that with this type of cassette you can tap an old type box spanner in and the tommy bar does the rest, failing that you can tap in the box spanner and tip the wheel upside down in a vice and use the wheel to undo it.
This is my current ride, I've modified it quite a bit and it's very smooth on the roads.

The White Raleigh cost me £20 off a bloke who bought it for his son, the son never rode it for fear of upsetting his mother who'd divorced the bloke.
I remember the Equipe it was the model above my Phillips (name only but made by Raleigh), if I recall it was because it was branded Raleigh. I loved the three shades of blue fading to white on the Phillips. The frame and components are in the back of my loft, although it has since been painted signal yellow fading into signal orange and back to the yellow again. The model above was the Banana liveried racer with the 501 tubing.

I sold a pro race, the only one in our company to do so, around '93/'94. They were a very nice bike to ride, you could feel the difference when you rode it. But that is when mountain bikes really started to take off.

Old 7th April 2020, 16:56   #18
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

I remember the Raleigh Equip too I was going to buy one but ended up buying a Sun GT 10 instead
Old 7th April 2020, 19:40   #19
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Default Yes..

Quote:
I remember the Raleigh Equip too I was going to buy one but ended up buying a Sun GT 10 instead
I had a Sun, I was showing off on it one night because a car full of attractive ladies were in a car by me as I was pedalling, I hunched up over the bars and the front wheel collapsed and I went over and wrecked my coat....Not just any old coat, it was a genuine Hesketh Motorcycle's one that my Calor Gas boss gave me, his dad worked for Alexander Hesketh....I wish I had it know...
Old 7th April 2020, 19:48   #20
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Default Yes..

Quote:
I remember the Equipe it was the model above my Phillips (name only but made by Raleigh), if I recall it was because it was branded Raleigh. I loved the three shades of blue fading to white on the Phillips. The frame and components are in the back of my loft, although it has since been painted signal yellow fading into signal orange and back to the yellow again. The model above was the Banana liveried racer with the 501 tubing.

I sold a pro race, the only one in our company to do so, around '93/'94. They were a very nice bike to ride, you could feel the difference when you rode it. But that is when mountain bikes really started to take off.
This pro race is dated 1992 as per the dealer sticker on the forks, it came with black rims but there was only one wheel when I got it, I've upgraded it with NOS Shimano Biopace cranks and it's now 21 gears instead of 12, the wheels are lightweight and the Shimano brakes are the small items, it has the bearing races in the pedal crank changed for the all in one sealed unit and the head race bearings are sealed units. The extra gears make it so very smooth. I also have a Peugeot Triathlon in my loft that I love and use sparingly.