Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd July 2019, 07:59   #1
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

Default Advice needed on BMW Genuine Headrest Base Attachment Carrier Holder Mount

Good morning everyone, I wondered if anyone can help me with a bit of a strange question.

I would like to fit a 'click and go' base carrier in my drivers or passengers headrests, like those used by BMW, Jaguar, Volkswagon and Seat for example. I can't find any information anywhere about actual dimensions or amount of spring loaded capability etc so I wondered if anyone has fitted such units to thier 75's

I particularly like the latest BMW Genuine Headrest Base Attachment Carrier Holder Mount 51952183852 which would then allow adding a hanger, a hook, Ipad mount etc. It seems to be spring loaded and so can be squeezed to fit within many different BMW model's headrest, but could it fit a 75. If anyone uses a different system, could you give me details and thoughts on how well it is made, and works.

Any help and advice much appreciated. Thanks and enjoy the sun that hits the UK from today
MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT - Dynamic Red Tri-Coat with Sardana red Bader leather interior. K&N filter.Weathershields.Mudflaps.Sundshades.Slot mats.Quilted rear seat protector.Latch guards.Fabric & rubber mats.Fabric & rubber Loadliners.Full alloy spare.MG seatbelt covers.Aussie chrome tailgate strip & bumper protector.Autoglymn lifeshine.Indonesian tailgate badge.Chrome steering wheel cover.
ALPACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2019, 08:17   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

found this on amazon, don't know if any use
If the headrest attaches via two round rods spaced about 150mm apart, it will. There is some degree of allowance for different rod spacings and the height of the base unit is about 30mm, so the headrest won't retract fully when it's fitted - but that would not present an issue.

link
https://www.amazon.co.uk/BMW-Genuine...34449654&psc=1

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2019, 09:08   #3
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
found this on amazon, don't know if any use
If the headrest attaches via two round rods spaced about 150mm apart, it will. There is some degree of allowance for different rod spacings and the height of the base unit is about 30mm, so the headrest won't retract fully when it's fitted - but that would not present an issue.

link
https://www.amazon.co.uk/BMW-Genuine...34449654&psc=1

macafee2

Many thanks. Looking at the photo they are wider than the 75's headrest pins. Just measured them and they somewhere around 120mm (12cms I think) so it looks like it rules out the BMW units which will be far wider. Thanks again
MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT - Dynamic Red Tri-Coat with Sardana red Bader leather interior. K&N filter.Weathershields.Mudflaps.Sundshades.Slot mats.Quilted rear seat protector.Latch guards.Fabric & rubber mats.Fabric & rubber Loadliners.Full alloy spare.MG seatbelt covers.Aussie chrome tailgate strip & bumper protector.Autoglymn lifeshine.Indonesian tailgate badge.Chrome steering wheel cover.
ALPACA is offline   Reply With Quote