Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th July 2019, 16:00   #391
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool The tenancy agreement........................

......................................... on the house in Moorlands Lane has officially come to an end. My deposit has been returned and later on the outstanding rent that is owned will be deposited back into my account, 3 weeks was owed.

Mike from the letting agents also passed complements from the house owners who said that they were over the moon on how clean I had left the house. Best they had ever seen. Well pleased with the very clean kitchen and bathroom. Mike asked if I had got anyone in to do the clean, I said no I had done it all myself the only help I got was from the professional carpet cleaner.

So that is now done and dusted. Now for the future. Allen and Matt are going to start helping me to get the gate on, a floor put down in the greenhouse and a banister up on the stairs.
First job will be the fitting of the back gate. We have the main frame but no middle bit or hinges/lock.
Second job is to get some back fill in, the hole where the pod was plus also where the previous owner had pulled up the floor in the greenhouse. Then a Sterling Board floor to go in.

I was going to take the greenhouse down but Allen said no point doing that. I can turn part of the greenhouse into a shed as well. Thus easing the space in the garage.
The third job will be to get a banister rail up on the staircase. None there at the moment but definitely need one.
So we are off to see the Dumpy Bag Man to order the stuff to do the back fill. Then to the timber yard to get the boards and banister rail.

So on Monday I have an appointment with the foot lady to get my nails trimmed, I’m unable to do it properly. Then make an appointment to have my eyes tested.
Then on Tuesday I have a visitor coming to stay overnight. Karl Hooley is coming down to give Banana a ceramic coating, he asked me if he could do the job after seeing my photo’s of the cars he has already worked on. Might get some photographic work through him.

Next Friday I’ll be “working” at a wedding taking the official photo’s. Saturday see’s me and Banana at the charity event in Plympton, (look on the events page for the Southwest for the full details).
And Sunday is the MG Owners Club breakfast meet at Trevaskis Farm.
So all in all I’m keeping busy.

Many thanks for reading and the kind comments.
I think I can definitely say....................THERE IS NO GOING BACK EVER.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 18:13   #392
v-man
I really should get out more.......

Ford Fezza Poverty Spec & ?

Wish you all the best with your yellow house Bob.

I don't login for just a few months and in that time you've bought a house, moved in and cleaned up the rented one.

Report potholes, flytipping, broken streetlights - www.fixmystreet.com

Find cheaper diesel/petrol - www.petrolprices.com
2001 Rover 45 1.8 Impression S owned for 15 years, now scrapped.
v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 20:21   #393
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
Wish you all the best with your yellow house Bob.

I don't login for just a few months and in that time you've bought a house, moved in and cleaned up the rented one.
... and don't for get all the trips to car shows in between...
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2019, 06:54   #394
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
... and don't for get all the trips to car shows in between...
................................ and don’t forget taking the Bear to MJS for a service and MOT. Having Banana Ceramic Coated. And been up to London for 5 days.

Got to keep busy.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
Old 23rd July 2019, 12:00   #395
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Neighbour to the rescue....................................

............................................... seeing as the weather has turned nice I thought it might be an idea to get some gardening down. First job was to mow the lawn. Got the mower and strimmer out. Grass cut and trimmed. Lawn raked and the cuttings in the bag. Everything going along quite well.

Next challenge was the hedge that runs along the side of the rear garden. Runs from the edge of the garage block to my back gate, also runs along side the pyramid greenhouse. So with the hedge trimmer I got the New extension cable out. Plugged everything in and started by the garage block. But the trimmer stopped. Dead. checked the trip switch on the extension lead. All ok. Unplugged the trimmer and took it inside and plugged it into a mains socket, nothing.

OK so the fuse must have gone. Fuse's? Now where did put them? Had a search trying to remember where I had seen them last, Barkingside was the last time I saw the little box with them in. Then it dawned on me, and lo and behold I found them in my keepsakes box. Daft?
Anyway I put a new fuse in but nothing worked.

Just then my neighbour Gerry appeared, he asked if I would keep an eye on his place as of Thursday as him and the wife were going on holiday. No problem said I. Then Gerry asked what was the problem withe the trimmer and I told him what had happened. He pointed out that the extension cable was hot up to the job as it could only match up to 10 amps. So he went and got his hedge trimmer and extension lead for me to borrow. Saved me going to get some more fuses and a new extension lead.

Normally I would have asked to borrow a trimmer and lead from Allen, but what with Val being in hospital I did not want to bother him. (Val is having a new hip fitted).
But now I was away, remembering how to cut the hedge safely rather than my last try at the old house, where I had a go at electrocuting myself.
Cut a section at a time, swept up the cuttings and put them in the bin. Soon it was finished and everything swept up.

Cleaned the trimmer and along with the extension returned to Gerry. Thanked him for his help. Got the keys to the Bear, loaded her up with not only the garden rubbish but a few other bits waiting their turn for a trip to the tip. And that was soon done. Coffee time. Then get on with a few car related jobs that need doing.

No going Back.........................

onen hag oll
Old 24th July 2019, 16:00   #396
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
............................................... He pointed out that the extension cable was hot up to the job as it could only match up to 10 amps. So he went and got his hedge trimmer and extension lead for me to borrow. Saved me going to get some more fuses and a new extension lead..

10amps should be much more that adequate for a hedge trimmer's motor!

More likely you have managed to nick the lead, as I did last time out a few weeks ago. In trying to find the failure, I got as far as trying to get into the hedge trimmer, which was not easy. I gave up, when I spotted the nick not far back down the trimmer. Not the first time I have nicked a lead, but usually I nick it whilst concentrating on the hedge and it stops. This time I must have nicked the cable as I put the trimmer down on the ground, still slowing down so went unnoticed.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2019, 19:03   #397
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Got the front door fixed..................

.................................... at last.

We get a couple of free magazines delivered every month along with a free newspaper. Flicked through one of the magazines and found an advert for sorting out double glazed front doors. Local chap as well, gave him a bell. He came round yesterday and had a look. It would appear that the door is over 20 years old. Over the years the porch, along with the house, has moved a bit so the door has become wonky with the frame.

Anyway he moved the hinges and thus moved the locks and lo and behold I now have a door that locks and unlocks with ease. At some point I need to replace the door. There is a little gap that will let a drought in, but I do have an inner door so we will see.

Next job I have got done on my own was to sort out the curtains by the twin patio doors. They now close properly.
Had another change round in the lounge making a bit more room. Moved the antique cabinet into the dining room. Took the Lamborghini models up stairs and into the small bedroom. Most of the model car collection is in there already.
Just the Rolls-Royce and MG collection remain downstairs.

The strange triffid type plant growing in the greenhouse turns out to be a courgette plant, Allen checked it out for me.
Bonus is my friend Debbie has bought a bungalow around the corner to me and she is having a lot of work done on the place before she moves in. So all the rubble and smashed tiles I’m taking them off of her to fill the holes in the garden.
Once filled I then can put some sand in and add top soil and put in a few more plants.

Allen has drained the second pond by punching some holes into the bottom. My plan is to fill the plastic pond is to put gravel in the more top soil so that I can plant my favourite clematis. Hope to get the purple one similar to the one I had up in Barkingside.

The new owner of a Redfive is coming down by coach next Saturday to collect the car. Being in business he has had to juggle the days around to come and collect, plus his other half is coming down with him as well. I’m collecting them from the coach stop and taking them back to the house. They are staying with me for a few days. Taking Redfive to The Mount Edgecumbe meet on Sunday along with Banana. Be the last time they will be on show together for awhile.

Hoping to go out to dinner Saturday evening with them both plus Allen n Val. Not going far as Val is still recovering from her hip operation.

So all in all it’s all coming together nicely.

Many thanks for the kind comments.

onen hag oll
Old 6th August 2019, 14:38   #398
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Ouch!..............................

....................................... wet step plus smooth soled shoes = a slip too far. Quite ironic as well as I had just come back from the solicitors about my new will. Circumstances forced me to make out a new will.

So now on painkillers, and I hate them. I have to be really ill to take them, but I can barely move. Even reaching for the single malt is painful. Lifting the kettle is perishing painful as well. But I’ll survive. Been doing well really as I have not slipped like this since the last time in Essex. Which forced me to move down here.

Been here two months now. The garden is almost finished. Got the two ponds filled in, new plants in plus a clematis, “Golden Guinea”. Going to plant another one as soon as I can get a garden arch installed by the gate. Plus once most of the flowers have died off I’m going to cut the tree down by the garage as there are climbing frames behind. Then more clematis can go in.

Rick and Deanna arrived on Saturday at 6pm, they left home in Essex at 08.15 in the morning. Getting to the coach station in Victoria took them nearly two hours, 2 trains. Then once on the coach all was going well till they hit the M5 at Bristol. Had been a nasty accident and with two lanes closed. Still Rick kept me updated on there progress.
Could not have timed it better when, as I went to collect them for as I turned the corner at the end of Fore Street there was the coach waiting at the traffic lights. Rick and Deanna heard the Bear before they saw her.

Got them settled into the house. I had made up the spare bed, sits under my single bed and just slides out. I was sleeping in the spare room on my fold up Z bed.
Allen and Val came round and I introduced everyone. We was off to dinner at Louis tea rooms at Kit Hill near Callington. I asked Rick which car he would like to with. His insurance on Redfive did not start till Sunday so he was unable to drive her. So Redfive it was with me driving. We led the Jazzy there.

Lovely meal plus a dessert. Chatted away. Then time was getting on, Deanna was getting very tired. Been a long day for the two of them. So with a Redfive leading home we went. Parted company with Jazzy at the end of my turning. Home and with a Redfive parked up in front of Banana it was time to turn in. But one last job was to sort the V5 out and for Rick to pay me.

With that they turned in. I stayed up a bit longer just to give them time to settle.
Then I turned in as well, after a wee malt.
Sunday saw me up at 6am. Showered and dressed. Then out to throw some water over Banana. Redfive I had washed n polished on Saturday.
With the kids out of bed and ready to rock n roll to Kernow Mill to meet the rest of the team.
Seemed strange to see a Redfive in my rear view mirrors.

After the show Rick and Deanna were not coming back home with me but heading back to Devon, staying over in a hotel before returning to Essex on Monday, with Deanna having a drive of Redfive.
Home seemed quiet with out my visitors. They were the first people to stay with me since Emma and her Mum from last August.
Nice to have bit of company but I love my own space. Got used to living on my own now.
I was asked a few weeks back if I had thought about getting re-married. Think as I have lived on my own for such a long time, I have got set in my ways. Will take a lot to get me out of the bad habits I have got into. Not all really bad but you know what I mean.

Oh! No going back to falling or slipping anymore. Will take it easy now. I have learnt a very painful lesson today.

Thanks for reading and the kind comments.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 6th August 2019 at 14:39.. Reason: Spellin’
Old 6th August 2019, 16:51   #399
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
....................................... wet step plus smooth soled shoes = a slip too far. Quite ironic as well as I had just come back from the solicitors about my new will. Circumstances forced me to make out a new will.

Maybe thick coat of outdoor paint, sprinkled with sand might help.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2019, 17:18   #400
3disco
3disco

ROVER 75 CONN TOURER CDTI and ZTT V8 SE LPG

Won’t that ruin his shoes?
3disco is offline   Reply With Quote