Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st July 2019, 18:56   #1
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Something I’ve not done............

................................... for a very long time. Covered 3 events in 3 days with two different cars.

Friday I was at a wedding in Torquay and I took the Bear. Needed to carry all my camera gear as I was the official photographer at the wedding and reception. Picture taken in excess of 400. But that’s the beauty of digital photography. You can pick and use the ones you want.

Saturday saw me taking Banana back to AM Restorations for there charity event to raise money for the Cavernoma Alliance Charity. I had never heard of the illness called Cavernoma. It effects the brain and in rare cases the spinal cord. Not a outright killer but it can certainly make a difference to your life.
Andy, the owner of AM Restorations, has a son who is a sufferer.
30 cars attended in which about 24 had been to the garage for work.

There was a cake stall, oh yummy, tea and coffee. Raffle with fabulous prizes. Lucky dip box. Face painting for the kids. Music supplied by Mark a local artist. A Oggy Oggy van turned up with hot pasty’s and cold drinks. There was an ice cream van.
Plus the star of the show was the strongman act. A specially converted Ford Ka was to be lifted at the back and pushed forward.
He managed to lift and push the car 12 meters.

So that was another 100 odd photo’s taken.

And today, Sunday, I took Banana to the Cornish MG Owners club breakfast meet at Trevaskis Farm. 26 cars turned up. Yellow seemed a popular car with two Trophy Yellow MGF’s and Banana. A rare two tone MGB arrived. A RV8 with fluid loss, not sure if it was brake or clutch fluid but the car seemed to be moving ok.
After breakfast 16 cars, including Banana, convoyed to a fete in Hayle. Because there was so many of us we got split up into 3 separate areas. Banana was with two MGB’s. The RV8, MGA and 4 MGB’s were further along and the rest were in the middle.

Banana got a lot of interesting comments as no one had seen a ZT in Sunspot Yellow before. And seeing as there are only two in the UK it maybe sometime before they see another one. The weather was hot but I found the tea stall. I must have been there best customer. I left at 3pm having caught the sun, drunk the tea stall dry and virtually lost my voice talking about Banana and the 75’s and ZT’s in general. Handed a few flyers.
And took about another 100 or so photo’s.

So all in all a cracking weekend.

Now to edit all those photo’s. Tea? Oh! Go on then.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote