Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th April 2010, 11:40   #1
Fille
Loves to post

SOLD - Rover 75 Tourer 2,0 V6 Connoisseur Auto

Default CD Changer interchangability

I have the Symphony head unit with CD changer in the glove compartment. A fellow Rover driver who has a 75 Tourer of the model year (2001) but with Harmony head unit is interested in buying the CD changer.

Is this CD changer compatible with the Harmony head unit and are the wires there? I wouldn't want to dismantle the entire car for this, just unscrew and unplug the CD changer and leave the wiring where it is.

The prospective buyer said something about the head unit being a Blaupunkt? Is the Harmony a Blaupunkt and the Symphony Alpine?
Old 29th April 2010, 12:22   #2
Mike
This is my second home

Rover 75 V8

Yes the changers are all interchangeable and compatible between Harmony, Symphony and the BMW nav head unit.

Your changer will simply unplug at the glove box. The other 75 may have the lead already in the glove box area and then it is straightforward to fit and plug in the changer from your car. If not then he'll need to get a lead. Full info here:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...hread.php?t=34

hth
Old 30th April 2010, 12:05   #3
EnEnGee
Posted a thing or two

CDT Tourer (SORN) & 2.0 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fille View Post
I have the Symphony head unit with CD changer in the glove compartment. A fellow Rover driver who has a 75 Tourer of the model year (2001) but with Harmony head unit is interested in buying the CD changer.

Is this CD changer compatible with the Harmony head unit and are the wires there? I wouldn't want to dismantle the entire car for this, just unscrew and unplug the CD changer and leave the wiring where it is.

The prospective buyer said something about the head unit being a Blaupunkt? Is the Harmony a Blaupunkt and the Symphony Alpine?
This was the original position at launch. The Harmony is a Phillips unit, and was fitted as standard to all models bar the Connoisseur SE. It has the large BMW style connector. The Symphony is the higher speced unit, made by Alpine and fitted as standard to Conn SE only, and as an option on all models. The Symphony has ISO connectors, therefore a different cable is required depending on what is fitted. The standard CD changers were also made by Alpine, but will work with either of the standard head units.

I successfully changed from Harmony to Symphony, with the same CD unit, and it was fairly straightforward to do, and involved changing the cables over. I obtained the Symphony from a member on here (SMC Trading) some years ago, and he supplied the correct cable.

Later built cars started to fit other head units including the Blaupunkt and VDO made units. Here, my experience runs out, so I am not sure of compatability with the CD changers. I am sure they can be made to work.

Last edited by EnEnGee; 30th April 2010 at 15:59..
EnEnGee is offline   Reply With Quote