Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th December 2009, 19:06   #1
mccano
Loves to post

MG ZTT,Chrysler 300 Touring

Default Time to retire my ZTT

I have taken the very sad decision to retire my beloved ZTT.With 250000 km on the clock I think she has earned some deserved rest.I really can't bear selling it;fortunately my young nephew likes the car and I will pass the car to him.At least I can keep an eye on her.Now for the replacement...My original plan was to find another ZTT with a lower mileage ,not an easy task in Italy as they are so rare.On top of that the 75s and the ZTs are classed as euro 3 in Italy,which means restriction in some large urban areas.Also to bring the new car to the specs of the old one would have taken a lot of time and money.To cut a long story short I got the only car on the market that I like nearly as much as the ZTT,the Chrysler 300c Touring with the 3.0 litre V6 diesel with 218bhp, and all the bells and whistles.We will see.I hope I will not be banned from the forum and I will continue to log in regularly.I also hope I can convince my nephew to lend me the car for the next meeting.
All the best,
Luciano
mccano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 19:15   #2
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

Luciano

A great shame to see you part with your car. An absolutely stunning example of the car with extra ordinary but superbly tasteful upgrades IMO.

As for the 300c touring. What a beast! Certainly think they are good to look at!

Very much hope to see you again at future meets.In either car. Best of luck with your new purchase.

Ben :lol:
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 19:18   #3
Jürgen
Posted a thing or two

Good luck with your new car, Luciano!

Well, I doubt you can convince your nephew to lend the car, once he has fallen in love ...
Of course you can bring your 300C to a meet. As you know there are some guys bringing Vauxhalls to the meets (me included , but just once).
Old 4th December 2009, 19:28   #4
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

make sure he looks after it for you Luciano, and please hang around in the forum, guess we may not get to fit the powerfolds after all ?

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 19:30   #5
Mike
This is my second home

Rover 75 V8

Hi Luciano,

a sad day, and one that will come to us all. Don't be a stranger now

And enjoy the 300C. Having driven one I know they are a great car, and comparable to the 75/ZT in terms of character.

Cheers

Mike
Old 4th December 2009, 21:11   #6
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Don't be a stranger Luciano and enjoy your new car. I wish I was your nephew, one lucky fella!!

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 18:24   #7
mccano
Loves to post

MG ZTT,Chrysler 300 Touring

Thanks to you all for the kind messages.A good forum is made by the people and not by the car,and this forum is not one I will miss in the future,whatever car I drive.
First impressions on the Chrysler are very positive:loads of power and amazing torque,very smooth and silent.Steering not as precise as the ZTT and the ride is a little to floaty for my liking.Also very,very big.And would you believe in a car where everything is powered,including steering wheel tilt and reach..no powerfold mirrors.Back to square one.I also got as close as possible to a personalised plate in Italy (DJ 300 MY)
Let's keep in touch,

Luciano
mccano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 18:52   #8
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

Hi Luciano,

Sorry to hear your lettting the ZT go, don't worry about been banned from the forums you are always welcome here, you can always bring the 300c to the meet it'll be good to see you.
Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 19:17   #9
bluenose66
Loves to post

MG ZT CDTI+ 135 Auto -Intake Mod 2 - EGR Bypass

You won't even have to book into a hotel for the meet you could just sleep in the back !!, In fact we all could
bluenose66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 07:42   #10
Jezzer 1
I really should get out more.......

75 V8 Connoisseur SE Saloon: 75 V8 Contemporary SE Saloon and others!!!

Ciao Luciano.

Sorry to hear you've parted with the car - will have to look for the 300c next time I pass through Genoa. Hope it lives up to the MG.