Leave open 24 61.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5th July 2010, 23:43   #41
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by payner75t View Post
maybe it was just something the director in question didn't like???
as they are "the management"" they have the final say , unfortunately i don't think "the management" are in control any more ,it seems the mods are and "the management" have gone into hiding..

off to bed now , expect to be no longer welcome when i try to comeback next!!
Understand what you´re saying. Wouldn´t take it to heart too much. I have had some really weird and wonderfull experiences since I joined. Put it all down to life and experience. The owners still own it and could shut it down at any minute. There are some really nice people on this site and on the community (yourself included) Shame the long arm of the law has been a bit like I fancy the NKVD were like Still never mind. The new mods are tring to do a good job but have the cards stacked against them. From both sides so to speak. We shall have to see what happens. The plot thickens It´s 01:40 here and I´m MOT the car at 08:50 Off to the land of Nod. God Natt (as they tend to say here)
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 01:35   #42
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

To be a mod you need to be very thick skinned, tolerant, considerate, fair, impersonal, sure of the facts, and you have to be very very carefull what you post!!!

Sadly (IMO) it is becoming rather obvious that some of the new mods do not have the required temperament for the "job".. But --

Untill you try it, no one can be sure what kind of job they would do as a mod, the new mods are learning, not just about the job, but about themselves as mods, so they too are thinking about the future, i.e. do they really want to continue as a mod? Do they have the required emotional stability? Are they able to judge accurately when to step in and when to stay out? Perhaps they are discussing these very issues as we "speak"..

As in any organisation, management can't be seen to question their judgement or take them to task publicly for their mistakes, large or small, and time is required before the new mods either learn the ropes, or decide that it's just not for them, and resign..

Maybe we the members should decide to close this thread as it seems to have made it's point..

Lets hope some emotions cool down overnight and common sense and logic rule tomorrow..

Nite all...
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 01:59   #43
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
.....Maybe we the members should decide to close this thread as it seems to have made it's point....
In reply to JamesUK's reasonable "request" , I have created a poll as to the immediate future of this thread. let the members speak, so to speak....

Let us see what, you, the members think

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Last edited by Dragrad; 6th July 2010 at 02:05.. Reason: Typo
Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 07:44   #44
djw40
Gets stuck in

Ford Kuga

All I wish to say is that I love this club and forum.

I have the spent the last five months off work ill, having been diagnosed with a life changing illness. At 40 this was a great shock and I have really struggled.

Time spent "chatting" on this forum has helped me through it - and I wish to thank every one of you for that.

I am hopefully meeting a good few members this weekend as I help facilitate the picking up of a superb car that members have saved from the scrappie and donated to a member who had been really unlucky with his 75. (I think some willl know the one!!)
I like to think that really shows what this club (and it's members) is about and I can't wait to be a part of it.

My only comment would be yes, as stated some of you Mods need to re-read your posts before pressing "reply" and please consider if it is a suitable response from a moderator. Some haven't been and being new to this that can be forgiven but now is the time to "man up" and accept the responsibilties that come with your new role.

Lets get this back on track guys and gals.

Love and hugs

Dave
Old 6th July 2010, 08:11   #45
Mike
This is my second home

Rover 75 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
Good evening Mrs JohnDotCom, I trust you are enjoying this evenings entertainment, please send my warmest regards to your husband, I hope he's not too busy with his new venture to spend some time with you. that would be a real pity.

Yes it has been a busy night here tonight hasn't it.

Reebs,

you are better than that.........................
Old 6th July 2010, 08:18   #46
kevin
I really should get out more.......

ford focus ghia

have sent a pm to Reebs.
As I dont fell it helps the club, which we all like or we would not be here. to have a go at a member/ mod on this thread, as by doing so are we not doing the same thing as what upset some of us in the frist place.

Last edited by kevin; 6th July 2010 at 08:21..
kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 09:14   #47
zojosc
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8 Club SE Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
Good evening Mrs JohnDotCom, I trust you are enjoying this evenings entertainment, please send my warmest regards to your husband, I hope he's not too busy with his new venture to spend some time with you. that would be a real pity.

Yes it has been a busy night here tonight hasn't it.
It surprises me that such a snide, sarcastic comment would be made from one member to another and for it to come from a Moderator leaves me astounded.I have been a member for a couple of years now and the time has been enjoyable but to see this club imploding the way it is saddens me.
Old 6th July 2010, 09:30   #48
richardwjackson
Posted a thing or two

Mercedes A-Class A180 CDI ECO

Quote:
Originally Posted by zojosc View Post
I have been a member for a couple of years now and the time has been enjoyable but to see this club imploding the way it is saddens me.
Hopefully its just a temporary 'blip'.
richardwjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 11:29   #49
payner75t
Gets stuck in

Saab 900 convertible,Ford Mondeo zetec tdci

i see that no director has bothered to comment or sort this out.
sums up the club at he moment.
perhaps it's time to shut the club down ???? before it gets worse!!
payner75t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 11:39   #50
bobthebuilder
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post
In reply to JamesUK's reasonable "request" , I have created a poll as to the immediate future of this thread. let the members speak, so to speak....

Let us see what, you, the members think
Could you add a "Couldn't care less" button for people like me?

If people have grievances why not sort them out in private with PMs etc?

I am beginning to wonder if a minority of people here will only be content if all the mods resign en mass and the forum grinds to a hault. Will they be happy then?

A lot of people need to know they aren't as important as they seem to think they are. The great advice keeps flowing and the forum continues,
irrespective of this little side show.
bobthebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote