Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12th June 2010, 21:49   #31
Duotone
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by pab View Post
the decision to delete or close threads is purely a decision of the directors and moderators that a post is not suitable or the thread is going in the wrong direction.

this is not debatable in this section.
I too have refrained from posting on this thread but this is the Social Forum where as I understand it any subject can be discussed providing it keeps to the club rules, which I am sure debate on the closing of threads and posts is allowed.

Our new mods, are just that, new to the job and are learning as they go, sometimes a little less heavy handed "moding" would not go amiss.

To quote Christopher.."We try to run this forum with as light a touch as possible".

As for this comment by another new mod. Thomas 1983

" some members want this place to implode and its my job to ensure that does not happen".

If this sort of statement is ment to stop any debate on this subject, well it may do in this thread, but it is sure to re-appear in another..

Dave T
Old 12th June 2010, 22:00   #32
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duotone View Post
Our new mods, are just that, new to the job and are learning as they go, sometimes a little less heavy handed "moding" would not go amiss.
Dave, as OP of this thread, I'm not knocking the new mods in any way. Being an admin of one forum and moderator in a couple of others I feel their pain as it were

Indeed, Andrew (Dragrad) was kind enough to PM me with an explanation of one of today's events which he was clearly under no obligation to do.

By far the bulk of the deleted posts that I refer to in the OP occurred BEFORE the new mods were installed, fitted, connected or whatever else.

Today's deletions were just the proverbial straw.

Last edited by Raistlin; 12th June 2010 at 22:39..
Old 12th June 2010, 22:08   #33
Parker
This is my second home

Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Auto (X350) & Hyundai Tuscon 2020

Speaking as a member and not a mod I find it is quite sad to see the club in part in turmoil. As a NEW mod well most Mods are new but there was need for quick action to put these in place. Replacing well trusted and well known mods is not easy, indeed many long standing members don't even know who some of us are, but we are trying to do our best and yes we have got things wrong, who hasn't when you start things anew. There is no willful intention to stifle comments but there has been some major changes and often reading negative comments does raise the question, surely we need to move on? And so it is with this in mind that some posts/threads have been deleted or closed; yes there is the argument whether that decision is right or wrong but what has happened has happened.

This club although it has a social side is all about keeping our cars on the road and a loss of the invaluable input the members provide here will be a loss to us all and how can we benefit from that!

I know there are some exciting things in the pipeline and I am sure they will be announced in the coming weeks.

So keep posting, having debates, but if we go down the road of infighting well.......

Last edited by Parker; 12th June 2010 at 22:26..
Old 12th June 2010, 22:19   #34
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas1983 View Post
I have closed threads because in my opinion as a mod they have overstepped the mark such as this one is now doing, now if some people make childish remarks or LAUNCH A PERSONAL ATTACK then the thread will be closed as all it is doing is stirring up peoples emotions when THERE IS NO REASON , some members want this place to implode and its my job to ensure that does not happen.
Thomas, I am very grateful for the likes of you stepping up to the mark to keep the members in order Forgive me, but I have made no personal attacks, merely stated facts and observations....of course Mr Stocktake may have something to say about being attacked personally but that is, of course, for him.

Parker, you and the other mods are not 'caught in the middle', you are subscribed members and you have additionally taken on the voluntary roles of mods and all worked hard to make things work...that is very much appreciated by the members. The turmoil is really surprisingly limited and focused...change happens..the important thing is that the change is for the better and for the good of the members.....who have not changed... I am pleased to know that things are in the pipeline...I have been pleased to know this ever since the club started....
Old 12th June 2010, 22:52   #35
brownie21
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8T Club SE

If I get my free booze from Asda tomorrow (see previous thread), you are all invited to mine for a 'do'

Old 12th June 2010, 22:54   #36
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie21 View Post
If I get my free booze from Asda tomorrow (see previous thread), you are all invited to mine for a 'do'
Good man,cheers!!
Old 13th June 2010, 03:57   #37
timbop6wife
Gets stuck in

passenger in rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post

You may note there are only 3 mins between your post and mine, could it be i only type slowly not read slowly

I cant believe the way things are going on this forum, Ive deliberately kept out of it, but when theres a downright insult against a friend, that was completely uncalled for,I have to say,Im VERY VERY disappointed in the way this forum is going,
I thought free speech was allowed in this country, its obviously not alive and well on this forum, I dont know whats changed,but it never used to be like this, it makes me sad to think people will leave because they think theyre being treated unfairly, so come on guys, and mods, I know new brooms sweep clean,but it feels like its getting out of hand now, and the forum might lose all its faithful longstanding members at this rate
Old 13th June 2010, 07:13   #38
Mike
This is my second home

Rover 75 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb
Bottom line, the owners of this Ltd. Company are here to make money....it hasn't been about the cars or the members in a long time. Which is a shame....but I'd rather they be honest and up front about it instead of trying to make the members feel guilty for actually expecting a Ltd. Company to live up to its promises.

If you want the club to be a success the solution is to put the interests of the members first by treating them with respect and as adults....dare to allow people to disagree with things...and most of all....listen to what people are saying and do what you say you are going to do.
Zeb,

Very well put imo.

Regards

Mike
Old 13th June 2010, 07:30   #39
zojosc
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8 Club SE Saloon

It leaves me quite sad the way the club/company or whatever it is, is going. Over the couple of years I have been a member or whatever I am if this is a company I have looked forward to login on to enjoy the friendly advise and camaraderie that this site was always full of. I know I have taken from it more than I have given as although I love my 75 my technical knowledge is pretty much zero but I hope some of my posts have given a smile if nothing else.

I have only met one other "member" and that is Lates as I have a bundle of cash at my disposal and he is always glad to unburden me of some of it, but so many names have become cyber friends and to see the in fighting taking place seems to make the fun of login on less atractive.
I am sure the new Mods are doing the best they can and I admire them for standing up to do an unthankfull job in uneasy times but it does seem a bit of a "new broom" syndrome at the moment.

I do so hope things soon settle down and we can get back to the feel that was always part of the club/company since I joined but if it is not corrected soon I fear it will sadly be lost forever.

This is just my view of things of course.
Old 13th June 2010, 08:01   #40
pondweed
This is my second home

Waiter, Waiter! I seem to have a Roomster in my drive...

I think any structure that has the potential to be a saleable asset, irrespective of the Directors' good motives for using a Limited Company, is eventually going to cause problems when linked to something commonly viewed as being held together by community spirit and goodwill. Its not the sort of thing that you can ever post when something is being set up, as it seems negative - but it doesn't surprise me to see the present situation.
Closed Thread