Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 5th June 2010, 14:06   #131
Leander
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDT 02, Connoisseur SE in Royal Blue Pearlescent + XPower Upgrade & Synergy 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstoneboy;535763)
[I
I agree with someone sentiments on the banning - for all their years of service I can understand not wanting them as moderators becuse of potential conflicts of interest but a ban, instead of making them common or garden members is harsh. Perhaps a more magnanimous response from the directors would have been in order.[/i]

Having benefited greatly from this forum, including from the warm and helpful advice and input of the four members who are now no longer with us, like many members I would have liked to known what has transpired. I think a full explanatory statement would have been helpful, if only out of courteousy and to prevent people putting things together - probably incorrectly - using the bits of info we do have. However that said, there in no 'statutory' obligation for one to be provided.

If people are going to be left to form their own conclusions, then they should probably read all that is available before they do so. The previous post repeats a view which I think is incorrect - namely that four members have been banned for life. However as Christopher has said in this thread:

They are more than welcome to rejoin the club as 75/ZT owners and as long as they follow the club rules they can continue to be members of the club and post on these forums.

I am happy to stand corrected on the above, but it seems pretty clearly put to me.

My own position is that while I am very sorry to see such respected, knowledgeable and decent members of the club go, we all know that -as many have said - sometimes people just don't see eye to eye in regard to a mutual interest, and so have to go their seperate ways. So I wish them well, and thank them for them enormous contribution to this club and this forum, which has benefited us all.

And, like many, at some point I am sure I will pay them a visit in their new 'home'.

warmly
Leander
Old 5th June 2010, 15:13   #132
soapy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Contemporary Diesel Auto

Wow an eventfull couple of days and although i never met the outgoing mods i benefitted from their knowledge in many ways and on the strength of this have joined the other forum as i am also a member of .org,however i think its time to move onwards and upwards as with a death in the family you do not disband it just because a member has moved on,we will all remember them and the services they have given but they have decided to move to pastures new and in that i personally wish them all the best as stated i have joined their new forum and will continue to socialize with them there as well as frequent here just as much as ever,just requires a little more effort is all.

Cheers all.

Joseph Stalin.
Old 5th June 2010, 15:45   #133
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

[quote=Leander;535788]They are more than welcome to rejoin the club as 75/ZT owners and as long as they follow the club rules they can continue to be members of the club and post on these forums.

I am happy to stand corrected on the above, but it seems pretty clearly put to me.

[/quote?]

If that is the case maybe the forum ID should not read banned then should it? I really DO understand the removal of the members as moderators but the statement somewhat contradicts the action.

Just an observation

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
Old 5th June 2010, 15:57   #134
Leander
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDT 02, Connoisseur SE in Royal Blue Pearlescent + XPower Upgrade & Synergy 2

[quote=stocktake;535841]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
They are more than welcome to rejoin the club as 75/ZT owners and as long as they follow the club rules they can continue to be members of the club and post on these forums.

[/quote?]

If that is the case maybe the forum ID should not read banned then should it? I really DO understand the removal of the members as moderators but the statement somewhat contradicts the action.

Just an observation
I took the phrase "welcome to rejoin" as explaining the apparent contradiction - that is, they were banned in their previous capacity (and maybe usernames?) but can reenter the club if the wish and start afresh.

But that's only my interpretation. It might be helpful if Christopher and/or Pete clarified their position in regard to the exact nature of the 'banning'.

warmly
Leander
Old 5th June 2010, 16:02   #135
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 V6 Copperleaf Red, MG ZTT 190+ Lagoon & Early MGF

Clarification: I thought my statement was clear - those accounts are dead, anyone can rejoin and be a club member and abide by the club rules.

Your interpretation is correct Leander, thanks.

in banana veritas
Old 5th June 2010, 16:03   #136
Mike
This is my second home

Rover 75 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
If people are going to be left to form their own conclusions, then they should probably read all that is available before they do so. The previous post repeats a view which I think is incorrect - namely that four members have been banned for life.
warmly
Leander
Surely Leander that cannot be correct. Otherwise their forum id's wouldn't say 'banned'?

The fact that the id's do say 'banned' does make it rather clear that that is what has been done to them does it not?

Mike
Old 5th June 2010, 16:04   #137
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

[quote=Leander;535848]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post

I took the phrase "welcome to rejoin" as explaining the apparent contradiction - that is, they were banned in their previous capacity (and maybe usernames?) but can reenter the club if the wish and start afresh.

But that's only my interpretation. It might be helpful if Christopher and/or Pete clarified their position in regard to the exact nature of the 'banning'.

warmly
Leander
Agreed, it is confusing, people who have been green in the past have kept their user names IE Ken (ex director) and Keith ( Ex tech advisor).

Anyway............

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
Old 5th June 2010, 16:28   #138
baconbuttyman
Banned

i think if the banned bunch want to come back then they will, i thinks its now a mute point, we as members will never get to know the ins n outs of it all. i think tbh the banned bunch and the club directors will eventually laugh at this...........or each other. Time to move on folks
Old 5th June 2010, 16:56   #139
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Yes,can someone pick all the toys up now & put them away neatly.
Old 5th June 2010, 17:03   #140
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 V6 Copperleaf Red, MG ZTT 190+ Lagoon & Early MGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Yes,can someone pick all the toys up now & put them away neatly.
Quite!

I think this thread has run its course now - don't think there is much more to be gained here - what's done is done. This thread will be locked now.

We will post up with details about the new mod team as soon as possible - thanks to everyone for their messages both of support and for volunteering - we will be in contact.

Best

in banana veritas
Closed Thread