Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd December 2009, 17:03   #11
Duotone
This is my second home

Here is a quote from Kevin Howe.

Kevin Howe, Chief Executive, MG Rover Group, said: "We are honoured that the Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex was able to join us for this special moment. Though MG Rover Group is a relatively young company, the Rover marque represents a very important historical legacy. Next year we'll be celebrating Rover's centenary, which will also hold special significance."

The five-millionth Rover

This special celebration Rover has been fitted with a high number of options. Five-speed auto transmission, Serpent 17" alloy wheels, a Driver Intelligence system (rain sensor, trip computer and reversing aid), Hi-Line satellite navigation Harman-Kardon stereo system, Business Pack (mobile phone holder and accessory sockets), powered glass sunroof, traction control, cruise control and electric driver and passenger seat adjustment have all been specified. Factory optional wood steering wheel, gear knob and handbrake grip are specified, with a Monogram option of a Sony DVD player.

The unique Xirallic® Aubergine paint finish, a trademark of Merck KgaA, Darmstadt, Germany was specially constructed by MG Rover Group's paint supplier Dupont. Xirallic® is the newest development of paint effect with high chroma crystal effect pigments. These produce a very high lustre, a strong glitter effect and have distinct shimmer behaviour. The Aubergine colour has a progressive travel, with increased colour intensity and very strong lustre.

MG Rover
London, England, United Kingdom

So, I have to agree it's not Bacchus..

Dave T
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 17:14   #12
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duotone View Post
Here is a quote from Kevin Howe.

Kevin Howe, Chief Executive, MG Rover Group, said: "We are honoured that the Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex was able to join us for this special moment. Though MG Rover Group is a relatively young company, the Rover marque represents a very important historical legacy. Next year we'll be celebrating Rover's centenary, which will also hold special significance."

The five-millionth Rover

This special celebration Rover has been fitted with a high number of options. Five-speed auto transmission, Serpent 17" alloy wheels, a Driver Intelligence system (rain sensor, trip computer and reversing aid), Hi-Line satellite navigation Harman-Kardon stereo system, Business Pack (mobile phone holder and accessory sockets), powered glass sunroof, traction control, cruise control and electric driver and passenger seat adjustment have all been specified. Factory optional wood steering wheel, gear knob and handbrake grip are specified, with a Monogram option of a Sony DVD player.

The unique Xirallic® Aubergine paint finish, a trademark of Merck KgaA, Darmstadt, Germany was specially constructed by MG Rover Group's paint supplier Dupont. Xirallic® is the newest development of paint effect with high chroma crystal effect pigments. These produce a very high lustre, a strong glitter effect and have distinct shimmer behaviour. The Aubergine colour has a progressive travel, with increased colour intensity and very strong lustre.

MG Rover
London, England, United Kingdom

So, I have to agree it's not Bacchus..

Dave T
I bet that 45 it that colour looks stunning! Reebs had better change the thread then.
Rabett_Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:34   #13
bluenose66
Loves to post

MG ZT CDTI+ 135 Auto -Intake Mod 2 - EGR Bypass

I live just down the road from AE Wilcox, when the snow clears I'll get a picture of the 45.
bluenose66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:01   #14
Mike
This is my second home

Rover 75 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duotone View Post
Xirallic® So, I have to agree it's not Bacchus..

Dave T
Definitely not Bacchus Dave The correct spelling of the Du Pont paint finish used by MGR for the car is Xirallic.

Would be interesting to know who told member Rabett_Rover that the paint name was 'Razen Brown' as that is not the case.

Xirallic could be ordered as a finish from 2004 on, but no customer ever did - I suspect the ££££ was too high.

Cheers

Last edited by Mike; 22nd December 2009 at 19:11.. Reason: sp!!
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:03   #15
pondweed
This is my second home

Waiter, Waiter! I seem to have a Roomster in my drive...

I cant believe that anyone would have come up with 'Brown' as a positive marketing tool....
pondweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:10   #16
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Definitely not Bacchus Dave The correct spelling of the Du Pont paint finish used by MGR for the car is Xirallic.

Would be interesting to know who told member Rabett_Rover that the paint name was 'Razen Brown' as that is not the case.

Xirallic could be ordered as a finish from 2004 on, but no cusotmer ever did - I suspect the ££££ was too high.

Cheers
Hi Mike
The Salesman at A. E. Wilcox told Martin Green who told me that it was Razen Brown.
Lewis
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:13   #17
Mike
This is my second home

Rover 75 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabett_Rover View Post
Hi Mike
The Salesman at A. E. Wilcox told Martin Green who told me that it was Razen Brown.
Lewis
Cheers for that Lewis Probably not for the first or last time, a car salesman is offering duff info
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:34   #18
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

This thread has reminded me, I think it was on my way home from the Concorde meet I was passed by a facelift 75 (55 plate iirc) & at first I couldn't make out the colour but when it got past & the sun caught the back end it appeared to be a very dark red-ish brown I would say it was a bit darker than this razen brown/xirallic aubergine, what do folks think that would be???
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:37   #19
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Diesels View Post
This thread has reminded me, I think it was on my way home from the Concorde meet I was passed by a facelift 75 (55 plate iirc) & at first I couldn't make out the colour but when it got past & the sun caught the back end it appeared to be a very dark red-ish brown I would say it was a bit darker than this razen brown/xirallic aubergine, what do folks think that would be???
Sounds like Dark Fantasy to me
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:38   #20
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabett_Rover View Post
Sounds like Dark Fantasy to me
No honest it was real
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote