Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th October 2023, 13:25   #14311
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

Broken front spring so planned to fit a complete new strut which I had. However unable to undo the bolt clamping the front wheel bearing carrier to the strut so had to remove both together.
Then just the front exhaust pipe to replace (V6) then despite standing outside unused two years I hope to get an mot. Plan is to use it over the winter while my regular 75 gets a well needed professional service and repair, including sills and electrical issues.
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2023, 18:11   #14312
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Fitted new front springs to the 1.8 today, cleaned and regressed the strut top bearings while it was all apart.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 28th October 2023, 21:39   #14313
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Decided to have a go at changing the drivers side door lock on the 2.5 Connie. After having the same side changed on the diesel at the last Nano Meet, which, due to a ‘phantom’ bonnet opener, took longer to achieve a result. Everything went well , even the dog bone went In straightaway. Took me around two hours to do the job. Trouble is, getting a bit long in the tooth now, my back took the brunt of it the next day. Only got the other front door lock to do now. Looks like Devilish is going to have a few locks to repair for me now.
Old 28th October 2023, 22:39   #14314
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Decided to have a go at changing the drivers side door lock on the 2.5 Connie. After having the same side changed on the diesel at the last Nano Meet, which, due to a ‘phantom’ bonnet opener, took longer to achieve a result. Everything went well , even the dog bone went In straightaway. Took me around two hours to do the job. Trouble is, getting a bit long in the tooth now, my back took the brunt of it the next day. Only got the other front door lock to do now.
Quote:
Looks like Devilish is going to have a few locks to repair for me now.
Hi Dave.
Not to bad then, Steve should be coming over to mine tomorrow, for a few locks also, so he is going to be a busy man over the winter.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2023, 07:04   #14315
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Decided to have a go at changing the drivers side door lock on the 2.5 Connie. After having the same side changed on the diesel at the last Nano Meet, which, due to a ‘phantom’ bonnet opener, took longer to achieve a result. Everything went well , even the dog bone went In straightaway. Took me around two hours to do the job. Trouble is, getting a bit long in the tooth now, my back took the brunt of it the next day. Only got the other front door lock to do now. Looks like Devilish is going to have a few locks to repair for me now.

Well done Dave see how easy it is when someone doesn't open the bonnet
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2023, 11:11   #14316
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts
Default Sills & Rust

After getting that small hole in the inner sill welded for the MOT, had a bit more of a look-see, especially as the sills have been waxed regularly over the years.

So had a endoscope camera on my mobile and looked in lots of secret places.

I now I'm fairly sure that rear sill rust, is caused by..( not in any order)

1.. Dirt behind the plastic liner......Definitely causes a rusty patch in the middle of the wheel arch if not cleaned out regularly.

2.. Missing jacking point pad.

3.. Condensation draining down from the rear quarter panel.

I pulled out the rear seat side pad and behind is a hole cover by a black Sticky circle. ( check your wing under this pad as well )
I pumped in a load of thin cavity wax in this hole and some of it it ran down and out the drain holes, but the vast majority came out round the jacking point pad.

So its definitely the way water/damp can get sneak down there and take 15+ years to rot out.

So the CD Ti has now got a 1/2 litre of wax in each sill and a complete new
coating of Black under seal on each rear arch.

If the weather holds up I might do the same to the 260 , but he doesn't go out in the rain and is on half the miles so may wait til new year ?

C
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2023, 13:12   #14317
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

Removed the Lexus style lights from the MG and back to stock.

Investigating a boot leak worked out the one light unit was loose and on trying to tighten it was greeted with the cracking of age failed plastic , same on the other side when I took it out.

Was thinking of trying to repair them, but as the plastic is so brittle now Decided its not worth it, so back to stock.

I know their marmite but I liked them on the black car

Pics of them fitted in 2017 and back to standard today

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Last edited by sewerman; 29th October 2023 at 19:55.. Reason: Typo
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2023, 14:02   #14318
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

Solved Mo's lurching problem and wrote a new thread about it.
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2023, 08:02   #14319
jon cee

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerman View Post
Removed the Lexus style lights from the MG and back to stock.

Investigating a boot leak worked out the one light unit was loose and on trying to tighten it was greeted with the cracking of age failed plastic , same on the other side when I took it out.

Was thinking of trying to repair them, but as the plastic is so brittle now Decided its not worth it, so back to stock.

I know their marmite but I liked them on the black car

Pics of them fitted in 2017 and back to standard today

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

GOT TO BE HONEST ... Those LEXUS Lights, sure added a modern look, Love them ! ... Love them so much I've even tried finding the Estate Versions (MG ZT-T) but it seems they dont exist ???? ...
'DO NOT THROW YOURS AWAY' ... there are lots of good epoxy resins and chemicals, which may allow you to repair and fix your damaged ones... might be tricky and time consuming but well worth repairing the lexus types ...
Hope you don't take this too harsh, but the difference is amazing .... picture 1 with the lexus style says, 'dont come to close, or i might set you on fire and embarress you', ... picture 2 says 'hearse ,refined and dignified - dont come too close or i might just bury you' .. i guess it depends what style you prefer ... but i sure hope someone does that style in the tourer version ... looks so much more modern

Last edited by jon cee; 1st November 2023 at 09:35..
jon cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2023, 08:48   #14320
YHT
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Collected my "Hearse" (dark blue estate christened Hearse by the local publican) from a garage where it had been fgor a couple of months to get the clutch sorted. Chap has been having health probs and didnt need it urgently so left it. Now I do need it so brought it home to do my self. Towed it behind a Land Rover with one of those steel pipe tow bars. Got the engine running so son-in-law had prower steering and some heat; he wasnt happy travelling 15 miles at 30MPH very close to the back of the Land Rover with muck being splashed up over the wind screen. Slight diversion on the return as they had shut the road and had to go up a single width track but didnt meet anyone coming the opposite way. Think his heart rate and blood pressure have gone to nearly normal now but like;ly to cost me a pint!
YHT is offline   Reply With Quote