Old 4th March 2013, 15:32   #21
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default immigrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdel View Post
I dont work, I am comming up to 60, so according to you I am a scrounger, well pal I worked from the age of 15y6m to 57y11m, I had less than two weeks off sick in those years, so I think I put something into the system, why dont I work now? easy I am a F/T Carer, and I'd give my left arm to be able to go back to work.
Please dont assume ALL who dont work want not to work
I am 100% with you mate ,I am 70 and still working and have done all my working life, did the O/T so my kids could have decent holidays and school trips, so what makes this government think it can allow people in who have not paid into the system and get the maximum out of it. I still pay my taxes what for to give these economic migrants my money, they should get a life and come and live in the real world,

Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2013, 15:39   #22
seancar
Banned

75 tourer and t4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
Oi you , less of the taxi driver stuff.

Iv,e driven one for 32 years and paid my dues.

Bend over and take 10 whacks.
george you are from over the border lol
seancar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2013, 15:43   #23
seancar
Banned

75 tourer and t4

Quote:
I dont work, I am comming up to 60, so according to you I am a scrounger, well pal I worked from the age of 15y6m to 57y11m, I had less than two weeks off sick in those years, so I think I put something into the system, why dont I work now? easy I am a F/T Carer, and I'd give my left arm to be able to go back to work.
dereck theres a difference mate you are not on the klye show proud of it mate thinking its good. your reasons are for the right reasons and you should be proud of yourself mate
seancar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2013, 15:57   #24
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Can anyone tell me if 'Shameless' is a comedy,OR a documentary ?

Seems pretty factual from what I have seen.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2013, 16:04   #25
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

The welfare system was started on an earned entitlement basis - as a result of NI contributions having been paid in - with a safety net for the poorest.

It has developed into a purely ’entitlement’ system to bribe the electorate into voting for the party of the day, and unaffordable as a result. Now the contributions can never even equal the costs, let alone exceed them, because it is now seen, as opposed to, say, a National Health Service, as an Inter national one.

Unfortunately this is a result of, perhaps well-intentioned, campaigning by humanist groups with liberalist sympathies without a thought for how it might be afforded. They have tended to be influential enthusiasts with strong fraternal connections to the levers of power. Beware the zealots, they only know the words to one tune.
Old 4th March 2013, 16:13   #26
kjw123
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
Moved to the Social or should it be renamed Anti-social section.

Here comes rule 15 one more time for those not familiar with it. Play nice please folks, before this thread gets out of hand.

15. There is no room on this forum for sexist or racist comment. In addition your political views are yours, and yours alone. Other forums exist for the purpose of debating this topic. You may not use these forums to promote political beliefs or to encourage or persuade others to conform to your views. Criticism or review of Government activities is however permitted, but only if done in a non-abusive and polite manner
Reebs, If you include a Social forum on a car club site then you have to expect diverse and strong conflicting views....where things can get a little heated it's called freedom of speech and when a mod comes along and lays down the rules or moves the thread, then that is opression, if the mods don't like the content then the answer is to remove the social forum but not censor the content.

My Bonnie Connie from Donny.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kjw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2013, 17:04   #27
DerekS
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

So, dont give money to immigrants ?
A) If they have no money how do they live ? Where do they get money from?.. they'l steal it probably . So I'd rather pay the tax than be mugged .
B) If they have no money here, how do they go home ? .. The govt (us) pay the fare .
C) So it looks like we are stuck with the bus drivers/nhs/ workers in jobs 'we' dont want to do .

I am fortunate to have never been unemployed , my sympathy goes out to anyone in that position who wants to work.
DerekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2013, 17:07   #28
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeeb View Post
Benefit changes announced,to stop foreign spongeing.....about time
I visited the DWP website and checked out other related links. What I did see was a reference to strip benefits from immigrants who come to this country, receive benefits and work illegally. If caught they lose the benefits. That claimants who have multiple wives, their benefits increase. Is this similar to what you are referring to Nigeeb?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2013, 17:11   #29
Nige B
This is my second home

honda civic

Default <<

Quote:
I never intimated anyone in particular ..my defenition of a sponger is someone who has never /nor intends to work...there are lots of people in this country who have never /nor intend to work.Any one can be made redundant or become ill or in your case have to pack in work to care for dependants.there is I'm sure you will agree that do just sponge off the work of other.The worst thing i've heard lately is that people like yourself and myself who HAVE worked since leaving school,worked hard and saved a little for retirement,have to spend their savings before allowed any benefits.My original post was regarding foreign influx, and the so called benefit tourists....

Nige B
Nige B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2013, 17:16   #30
Nige B
This is my second home

honda civic

Default @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
I visited the DWP website and checked out other related links. What I did see was a reference to strip benefits from immigrants who come to this country, receive benefits and work illegally. If caught they lose the benefits. That claimants who have multiple wives, their benefits increase. Is this similar to what you are referring to Nigeeb?
Hi was referring to news broadcast today regarding " benefit tourists".

Nige B
Nige B is offline   Reply With Quote