Notices

Old 13th February 2012, 19:28   #21
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Pompey has applied for administration as they haven't paid the players and staff for January and the electricity bill has not been paid either. That's over and above the tax bill they owe.

They are being deducted 10 points but it should be 15 points as this is the second time within three years. The reason it's not 15 is the first time they were in the Premiership and now the Championship. The high court hearing is on Friday.
Hearts of Midlothian are in a similar position re wages being late , the club is owned by a LITHUANIAN nicknamed MAD VLAD for good reason !!!! .

It seems to me that when wealthy families with an attachment to the clubs sold out to BUSINESSMEN the game was doomed .
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 19:49   #22
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default Few facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
Your right , because make no mistake GLASGOW RANGERS are a huge club locked up in a small country , i hear REAL MADRID run a £700 million debt and have done for many years , ANY club could find themselves in the position of RANGERS with poor management.
Hi

First I hold my hand up as an ardent DUFC fan. I have some views on the subject.

1 I feel sorry for ANY fan of a club in a financial mess like this and hope their club survives for them not for the idiots that run them into the ground.
2 Mr White has not got a history of saving companies. The last 20 he was involved in have all failed either with bankruptcy or winding up.
3 He appears to have security of both Murray Park and Ibrox. He paid £1 and took on the debt. He will get a lot more than £1 back as he will be listed as preferential creditor. IE before HMRC etc
4 I believe that what ever happens you will have a club in one form or another at the end of this. Dundee have been through this twice. You, the fans will I am sure still have Rangers at the end of this. While Mr White rides off into the sunset with a good few quid in his back pocket!

The Scottish Leagues do not have enough exposure for real sugar daddy money men who want a play thing. Look at the mess Hearts will be in when Romanov gets fed up. And he will! (is he the type you want???? Is White??)

Both sets of Old firm fans constantly go on about how we (the rest of us) sponge off the two Glasgow giants. What a lot of rubbish!!!!
Who on earth would you have been playing over the last 100 years? Each other? Every Saturday? Simple fact is in any league anywhere in the world the big clubs (often only 2 or 3-Real Madrid, Barcelona) need the other clubs just as much as they need them. Fact! Look at how TV money is distributed up here. We all need each other. Get Real.

Finally, I really do hope for all genuine fans that the mess will be sorted out. I know how much my club means to me.
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 20:01   #23
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraeus View Post
Hi

First I hold my hand up as an ardent DUFC fan. I have some views on the subject.

1 I feel sorry for ANY fan of a club in a financial mess like this and hope their club survives for them not for the idiots that run them into the ground.
2 Mr White has not got a history of saving companies. The last 20 he was involved in have all failed either with bankruptcy or winding up.
3 He appears to have security of both Murray Park and Ibrox. He paid £1 and took on the debt. He will get a lot more than £1 back as he will be listed as preferential creditor. IE before HMRC etc
4 I believe that what ever happens you will have a club in one form or another at the end of this. Dundee have been through this twice. You, the fans will I am sure still have Rangers at the end of this. While Mr White rides off into the sunset with a good few quid in his back pocket!

The Scottish Leagues do not have enough exposure for real sugar daddy money men who want a play thing. Look at the mess Hearts will be in when Romanov gets fed up. And he will! (is he the type you want???? Is White??)

Both sets of Old firm fans constantly go on about how we (the rest of us) sponge off the two Glasgow giants. What a lot of rubbish!!!!
Who on earth would you have been playing over the last 100 years? Each other? Every Saturday? Simple fact is in any league anywhere in the world the big clubs (often only 2 or 3-Real Madrid, Barcelona) need the other clubs just as much as they need them. Fact! Look at how TV money is distributed up here. We all need each other. Get Real.

Finally, I really do hope for all genuine fans that the mess will be sorted out. I know how much my club means to me.
I will agree with you on one point in that we need each other but it's time YOU got REAL and understand that the old firm HAVE kept you and the rest of scottish football in funds for as long as i can remember , i couldn't get a ticket for your grounds but when i watched your teams highlights against the other teams the stadium was half empty .

BTW it lookslike you will have to sing for your £100,000 owed from the scottish cup tie .
Old 13th February 2012, 20:02   #24
Astraeus

Hi

Have just heard Dundee United might not now get the £100,000 quid Rangers are due us for Scottish Cup game ticket sales. Nice one Mr White. Pratt!

Chris
Old 13th February 2012, 20:09   #25
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Hi

Have just heard Dundee United might not now get the £100,000 quid Rangers are due us for Scottish Cup game ticket sales. Nice one Mr White. Pratt!

Chris
No might about it so you will just have to settle for the tasty dosh you get from drawing the TIC , could have been worse you could have drawn someone with a small following

BTW it's WHYTE.
Old 13th February 2012, 20:16   #26
Astraeus

Default Real Madrid and Barca

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
I will agree with you on one point in that we need each other but it's time YOU got REAL and understand that the old firm HAVE kept you and the rest of scottish football in funds for as long as i can remember , i couldn't get a ticket for your grounds but when i watched your teams highlights against the other teams the stadium was half empty .

BTW it lookslike you will have to sing for your £100,000 owed from the scottish cup tie .
I suppose you think you are unique in that. Do you think that all the Spanish Teams play to full stadiums every week when not games v big ones??? You are no different in that you need the other clubs whether they have a lot of fans or not. Think you missing my point somewhat. Old Trafford full every week. Are Blackburn, Wigan, and the other smaller teams in the English Premier League any different from us? Do you see what I mean or not?
Chris
Old 13th February 2012, 20:20   #27
cossie dunc
I really should get out more.......

rover 75 contemporary se cdti + rover 75 connie cdti work horse

its simple...................no old firm= no sky deal = no money for other clubs=quality of football drops another few levels

david murray and his board knew craig whyte couldnt finance the club without administration................i notice they are now all jumping on the back of craig whyte, telling us what a bad guy he is.........maybe one of them should have been brave enough to question mr murray several years ago?????
cossie dunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 20:21   #28
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
I suppose you think you are unique in that. Do you think that all the Spanish Teams play to full stadiums every week when not games v big ones??? You are no different in that you need the other clubs whether they have a lot of fans or not. Think you missing my point somewhat. Old Trafford full every week. Are Blackburn, Wigan, and the other smaller teams in the English Premier League any different from us? Do you see what I mean or not?
Chris
no they dont but the big teams visiting keeps them going which is the point i'm making so do you see what i mean or not ???
You cant compare those leagues as they have more BIGGER teams .
Old 13th February 2012, 20:24   #29
cossie dunc
I really should get out more.......

rover 75 contemporary se cdti + rover 75 connie cdti work horse

Quote:
Chris

you could throw wigan,blackburn out the epl tomorrow it would still get huge audiance figures

throw out man u..........................bye bye millions££££££££££££
cossie dunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 20:25   #30
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie dunc View Post
its simple...................no old firm= no sky deal = no money for other clubs=quality of football drops another few levels

david murray and his board knew craig whyte couldnt finance the club without administration................i notice they are now all jumping on the back of craig whyte, telling us what a bad guy he is.........maybe one of them should have been brave enough to question mr murray several years ago?????
Murray hit trouble in his other business and lost a huge bulk of his money , RANGERS then became a liability to him even though it was he who caused the clubs financial problems .