Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th April 2016, 21:12   #11
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
lsm?

macafee2
Light Switch Module, the bit near your knee where you turn the lights on
& to the op, you can't just swap lsm's as they need to be configured by T4. The LSM stores the mileage info, so not easily swapped
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2016, 07:13   #12
Trans-am

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Sounds like water interfering with the canbus signal.

Highline radio in boot?
Sunroof leaking onto EWS?
ECU had a bath?
The car did have the usual flooding issue. But drains are currently clear and everything is dry.

Base model radio , no sunroof. Yes, ecu will have had a bath. I will check it out. Thanks that's a fresh idea. I have put so much work in to this car over the last 2 years or so, I am really annoyed if I have to scrap it! (Especially as I have literally just fitted a mls head gasket, water pump and time belt)

Suzublu, I am told swapping a lsm is simple, it's just your mileage will disappear. Mileage is not required for mot.
Trans-am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2016, 08:06   #13
Trans-am

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans-am View Post
The car did have the usual flooding issue. But drains are currently clear and everything is dry.

Base model radio , no sunroof. Yes, ecu will have had a bath. I will check it out. Thanks that's a fresh idea. I have put so much work in to this car over the last 2 years or so, I am really annoyed if I have to scrap it! (Especially as I have literally just fitted a mls head gasket, water pump and time belt)

Suzublu, I am told swapping a lsm is simple, it's just your mileage will disappear. Mileage is not required for mot.
Assuming the silver box by the pollen filter is the ecu, when removed the hazards still flash. This now can only really be a lsm fault!?
Old 3rd May 2016, 11:37   #14
cb750chris
Trader

Rover 75 Tourer

Hi Simon,
You have a PM
You can swap a LSM for the purposes of fault elimination - it will display ERR in the trip distance (instead of trip distance), however all lights should work as expected (I believe). That would help you narrow down if it is car/LSM causing the issue.

Chris

Replacement keys programmed / supplied / cut

Diesel 135 upgrade available

IPK virginisation and T4 matching available

Sorry, due to a big change in home circumstances, I am unable to do any large jobs at present, but can still offer evening time diagnostics.
cb750chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2016, 13:53   #15
berkshirelad
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans-am View Post
I wish! I will check that, but I assumed as it starts and runs that's not the case. Because logically the cut off cuts of the fuel supply?

If anyone lives near basing stoke, reading or Newbury and has a lsm I can try I would be most grateful! :-)

I'm in Newbury and I have a spare LSM. PM me with an address if you'd like me to pop by

Hazards are switched (both off and on) by a momentary earth to the LSM via the hazard switch.

You can test the switch by removing the switch and unplugging the 2 pin connector. Earthing the connector pin should switch the hazards on and off. When I got mine, the hazards didn't work at all and I found that the switch has no earth connection.
berkshirelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2016, 20:10   #16
Trans-am

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkshirelad View Post
I'm in Newbury and I have a spare LSM. PM me with an address if you'd like me to pop by

Hazards are switched (both off and on) by a momentary earth to the LSM via the hazard switch.

You can test the switch by removing the switch and unplugging the 2 pin connector. Earthing the connector pin should switch the hazards on and off. When I got mine, the hazards didn't work at all and I found that the switch has no earth connection.
You know something Berkshirelad. I am straight. But i have a kiss for you, maybe a bear hug as well. You solved it. T H A N K Y O U.
I cant tell you what a ball ache this has been. I tried touching the two feeds together to the hazards from the LSM, but i never thought about grounding them! The moment i grounded them, light OFF!!!!! - YES!

I now have to fix all the stuff i took apart to troubleshoot this, I also have to service the car and get it back on the road, lets hope the head gasket does not pop! - its had 0 mileage since being done.

Chris, thanks for your offer of help. In the end i got a LSM on ebay for £7.50 delivered! - but it wont arrive till next week. - But i dont need it now!

I have been driving my 1967 S-type Jag everyday so its not been all bad, but this has taken time away from restoring my Trans-am and Drag racing hearse.

I will try to get the Rover undersealed this summer, i think she may have afew more winters in her! ;-)

T H A N K Y O U -all.
Old 3rd May 2016, 20:32   #17
cb750chris
Trader

Rover 75 Tourer

S type - Very nice....

Replacement keys programmed / supplied / cut

Diesel 135 upgrade available

IPK virginisation and T4 matching available

Sorry, due to a big change in home circumstances, I am unable to do any large jobs at present, but can still offer evening time diagnostics.
cb750chris is offline   Reply With Quote