Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd November 2018, 16:42   #11
CivilSteve
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_NI View Post
As I said in the tuning group bottom end torque is shockingly bad. Would have been far better with a 320d turbo matted to a 1749 or even a hybrid 1749 that a 2256 regardless if its vnt or not running a stable boost than waiting on something much larger to boost up. I think it's great work mind you. Freelander td4 auto injectors next perhaps?
Tuning group?

It is certainly laggier than it would be with something more setup for the engine size. Just depends what kind of engine you wanted, this owner wanted a top ender with something more progressive. I prefer low end response but that's me. Still making 200lbft at 2000rpm so not exactly undrivable.

It's just a shame the clutch on these is so frail, ~280lbft was on the limit of the 10k clutch. These need some kind of uprated clutch kit if more folks are wanting to do these kinds of builds.

Haven't got a stock file for one of those to hand but guessing they have a higher flow rate? The stock ZT ones just couldn't get the fuel in quick enough
CivilSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2018, 10:22   #12
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Ah it wasn't you that shared it.

Yeah freelander manual flow a bit better and then auto flow even more again.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2018, 21:08   #13
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
As I said in the tuning group bottom end torque is shockingly bad. Would have been far better with a 320d turbo matted to a 1749 or even a hybrid 1749 that a 2256 regardless if its vnt or not running a stable boost than waiting on something much larger to boost up. I think it's great work mind you. Freelander td4 auto injectors next perhaps?
And there's me thinking it was just my car! Never had a diesel that"bogs" as you let the clutch out without giving it more than 1,500 revs. I virtually have to do a rally start to pull out into the busy traffic on the main road past work. Perhaps I do need to see Brian about sticking some extra horses and torques in my engine!
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2018, 23:15   #14
CivilSteve
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:

Are you sure they're higher flow? I've dug out a file for one and the injector duration tables hint that the freelander ones are smaller. At 70mm3 & 1450bar there's a 12.5% difference in duration

530D injectors however are larger than ZT ones by about 12% again, so perhaps would be the better choice. So long as there's no fitment issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb View Post
And there's me thinking it was just my car! Never had a diesel that"bogs" as you let the clutch out without giving it more than 1,500 revs. I virtually have to do a rally start to pull out into the busy traffic on the main road past work. Perhaps I do need to see Brian about sticking some extra horses and torques in my engine!
You should be able to pull away comfortably with minimal revs on a diesel. If you're struggling then could be a issue somewhere (boost leaks, injectors or the common MAF problems)

I can easily do a health check on your car and offer a much needed improvement over the original and generic tunes with the added bonus of adding in MAFless running if need be to avoid the need to replace the sensor.
CivilSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2018, 08:56   #15
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Quote:

You're thinking L series not M47 all the injectors on the 75/ZT/Freelander M47 use the same injectors.

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2018, 19:18   #16
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
You're thinking L series not M47 all the injectors on the 75/ZT/Freelander M47 use the same injectors.

Russ
100% definitely not. Has been many situations on the freelander forum about this guys throwing 75 injectors into td4s and running lean big style and chugging along using the various software to check them out as they go.

Big price difference between them which is why people tried them so many times with failure.

0445110030 are the 75 code on top, 0445110049 are the td4 manual and 0445110130 are the td4 auto ones.

I'm curious if there's an additional factor. I've often wondered where the 320d / 520d injector sits on the scale of it all. Perhaps its a coding and hardware combination for emissions.

And yes 200 sdi drop more fuel. Done my share of cars with those lol. Wife's streetwise and maf less remap goes wonderfully.

Last edited by Robson Rover Repair; 26th November 2018 at 19:21..
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2018, 15:50   #17
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivilSteve View Post
Are you sure they're higher flow? I've dug out a file for one and the injector duration tables hint that the freelander ones are smaller. At 70mm3 & 1450bar there's a 12.5% difference in duration

530D injectors however are larger than ZT ones by about 12% again, so perhaps would be the better choice. So long as there's no fitment issues.

You should be able to pull away comfortably with minimal revs on a diesel. If you're struggling then could be a issue somewhere (boost leaks, injectors or the common MAF problems)
I can easily do a health check on your car and offer a much needed improvement over the original and generic tunes with the added bonus of adding in MAFless running if need be to avoid the need to replace the sensor.
Thanks for the offer, Steve. I fitted a new (cheap) MAF sensor shortly after buying the car, which cured it of its stop/go intermittent kangarooing, since when it has run beautifully, with that one proviso, that you have to press the accelerator pedal slightly before you start letting the clutch out, as the electronic pedal sensor seems to take a second to pass on the message to the injectors - my previous Audi A4 was instant response - you could spin the wheels virtually from idle with the clutch out if you floored it. The Rover just says "Patience, young man; all in good time". I surely wouldn't expect any noticeable boost pressure at 1,000 rpm, would I? For a 114BHP CDT, it accelerates quite nicely once its rolling, cruises happily at 80 on its M6 commute, and returns 45mpg month after month. Now cashflow is less tight, I might take it to Brian in Newcastle, as I go there so much more than Manchester, but I'm getting used to its "relaxed" manner.
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote