Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th September 2019, 06:41   #11
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Oh that's not good news Bob.
Nothing worse than a flippin intermittent fault, had that in my old SD1 turned out to be a broken wire in the loom but the outer covering was fine.
Could you not get banana to Mike Stafford at least he can give the car a proper check for you mate.
Hope you can get it sorted soon
Old 15th September 2019, 07:02   #12
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Assume you’re coming down the M3/A303?

We’re about half way on your trip back - can’t do anything on the M3 obviously but if you have an issue off motorway - do give me a call or post on here.

I’ll pm you my mob.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2019, 08:07   #13
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Assume you’re coming down the M3/A303?

We’re about half way on your trip back - can’t do anything on the M3 obviously but if you have an issue off motorway - do give me a call or post on here.

I’ll pm you my mob.
Many thanks, pm replied to.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2019, 08:10   #14
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
Oh that's not good news Bob.
Nothing worse than a flippin intermittent fault, had that in my old SD1 turned out to be a broken wire in the loom but the outer covering was fine.
Could you not get banana to Mike Stafford at least he can give the car a proper check for you mate.
Hope you can get it sorted soon
Mike has been in contact from Turkey, on holiday the lucky person. Will see if the recovery company will take her to his garage. Then I'll get the train home.
Not had the best of nights either. Gutted I missed my friends party.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
Old 15th September 2019, 08:44   #15
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool I am hugely grateful................

.................................. for all the offers of help. Makes me proud to belong to such a great club.

Not the best of nights, was ill for most of the night. Stress related hopefully and not Michaels cooking. Going to chill out for the rest of today. Might travel up to London for a walk round. Will no doubt pop along to the cemetery and have a chat to Val, take some nice flowers then wander back to the pub. For medicinal reasons of course.

Offers of help have come via Trikey, Allen, Darcydog, Mike Stafford and now my god daughters mother has offered to lend me her Yellow Focus ST.
Going to phone recovery company later on and see if they will recover Banana to Mike’s garage in Sussex then I’ll get the train home.
But first more tea is required.

Again Thank You all for the offers of help, it is much appreciated.

onen hag oll
Old 15th September 2019, 11:35   #16
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Travelling home, the options...............

................................................ getting home from Littlehampton by train will not be the best of trips. Michael who is an expert on rail travel has shown me the various options.

1- 4 trains and 4 changes to get to Plymouth. Could take up to 8 hours allowing for connecting trains but without any further hold ups.
2- get the train back to Victoria then across London, not far, then get the fast train back to Plymouth. That will take 5 hours. Plus any hold ups along the way.

Option 3, suggested by Matt Darke, is to hire a car for a week.

Been up to the cemetery and had my long chat with my Val, daft it may seem to some but I get comfort from talking to her.
My friend Steve phoned me and told me off for not attending his surprise party, only joking of course. We have arranged to meet this evening for a beer. I said I had his card and present, with that he laughed out loud and said, “ Ha! If the present is what I think it is then I’ve no idea what I’m going to do with all of these yo-yo’s.

When Steve emigrated to Oz with his family his most favourite toy was a yo-yo but it got lost somewhere on the way.
Well, Steve’s sister suggested to all the party guests that they gave him a yo-yo as a present, just for a laugh. Any other presents were fine to be given. We was to stand in a queue and give him his card and present. Would have loved to seen the this, 100 guests giving him a yo-yo each.
He told me how thrilled he was to see so many friends but he said that his heart sunk not to see me in the queue till his sister explained to him. So we will have our own little party this evening and will explain to me the reason for his return to these shores after 61 years.

Michael has insisted that we have some lunch before we do anything else. Slight change to my plans to get ole Yella and me home. One day is not going to make a lot of difference. Michael just wants me relax a bit, he says my colour is returning. I’m thankful to him for him being more calm and sensible than this gibbering wreck sitting before him.

Again many thanks for the offers of advice and help.

Picture of Banana resting behind Michaels Focus.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B11B9071-CE5D-4F41-962D-0038C43CDC4C.jpg (16.6 KB, 26 views)

onen hag oll
Old 15th September 2019, 14:03   #17
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Bob, you were missed to day too!

Quote:
Been up to the cemetery and had my long chat with my Val, daft it may seem to some but I get comfort from talking to her.
I know what you mean, that chat can produce some wonderful no-nonsense answers to our problems.

I knew a bloke once who promised he could get me a deal on some cheap Yo-yo's, and there'd be no strings attached.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2019, 18:05   #18
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Sorry to hear about Banana Bob, hope you get her sorted without to much upheaval.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2019, 07:27   #19
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Slept like the proverbial baby.................

................................. after having a relaxing day yesterday thanks to Michael taking control.
I put back contacting the recovery company till today.

So yesterday after my visit to the cemetery we had a spot of lunch and then Michael introduced me to the NGS, National Garden Scheme. This is where just ordinary folk like you and me open their gardens to the public for a fee. The money raised goes to either local of national charities. The garden we went to was in Moor Park just North of Harrow. Was on a huge private luxury housing estate.

I’m used to Michaels erratic driving, tis an experience travelling with him. But we got to the house with only the a few other motorists tooting at him, all which he ignored. The house that we was visiting is being totally rebuilt but the gardens are original. The charity being supported by this house is the same one I support. MS, Multiple Sclerosis which Val had. So I knew the money was going to a good cause. There was also refreshments being served with the cakes being donated by local residents, again all the money raised was going to the same cause.

Needless to say we started with some tea, and cake for Michael. Loads of people there milling around the water features, raised beds and through the stunning rose arch. Naturally I had my small camera with me and took some pictures of the large raspberries that were growing, not like the small ones you buy in the shops. People were ever so friendly and spoke to us. After awhile we went out into the front garden not as spectacular as the rear but still quite appealing. The people that own the house had very tastefully hidden the building equipment behind curtains, very well done as well.

Then we left and made our way via a few no through roads, well they were not no through roads the last time Michael drove along. We found our way crossing over the M25 and finally parking up in Chorley Wood next to the cricket pitch, where Sunday afternoon game was being played. After parking the car we crossed over the road and passed the Memorial Gardens we went for walk through the woods, went a circular route around the river Chess, past the pumping station then back up the long hill, past where the Alpacas were grazing and back past the Memorial Gardens and back to the car.

Home was via the M25, luckily it was running smooth. It took Michael time to wind the elastic band up but we was soon keeping up with everyone else. Turned off at South Mimms. Michael goes home a different way to me as I generally stay on the A1 and turn off by the Shell garage. But Michael turned off just after we went under the M25. And down past the Green Dragon pub and into Barnet, then around the back of The Spires shopping centre. Cut through a few side streets and past where Barnet Football Club used to be, the ground has now moved to Edgware. The road brought out back into Totteridge Lane by the church, where Val and her Mum and Dad are.

Parked up in front of my baby sitting there topping up her Sunspot. Indoor for tea, and a quick shower for me. I felt everything drain away under the trickling water, don’t expect the water to come out fast after all the shower is about 70 years old. But it revived me made me feel like my old self again. And all thanks to Michael.
I got dressed and presented myself downstairs to find Michael had got changed, he had been invited to our little get together in the evening. As we was meeting at the Orange Tree their was no need to take the car.

To be continued.......................

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 16th September 2019 at 07:30..
Old 16th September 2019, 08:39   #20
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Update on the recovery............

.......................................... the recovery company will be here this morning to transport Banana and me to MJS in Sussex. I phoned Martin at the garage and told him, and he said will look at her straight away to see what’s what. Hopefully getting me on my way home today with Banana.

onen hag oll