Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th November 2018, 17:42   #11
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Hey Bob, good read so far Get this, while setting up the stand earlier I must have knocked a button on my watch which sent it into Madrid time, so I’ve been sitting waiting in the bar for the last 40 mins wondering where everyone is. I’ve only just twigged I’m an hour ahead of myself :doh: Still the beer is nice.

P.S Moonshine Mark has a Monogram ‘Atmosphere’ car not ‘Oxygen’
Reebs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2018, 22:51   #12
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool You’ve got to have a larf.........................

............................................. otherwise life could be ever so boring.

Had a lovely meal with the set up team, and I had a couple of wee glasses of pure apple juice made by Thatchers. So back on the cider then, but it’s the weak stuff (ish!). We arranged to meet for breakfast this morning at 7am except for Christoper and Pete as they are staying in students digs a few miles down the road and Tim went home. Lucky so n so only lives 37 minutes away.

Another lousy nights sleep for me, got up a 2am and made a cuppa before going back to bed. Must have nodded off as the alarm woke me up. So after yet another shower, not even my birthday, I donned my Poppy inspired rugby shirt and toddled off to breakfast. I met Simon, no pies, on the way. Thinking we was the first but hey ho we was not, both Mark and Dave had beat us to the table. Paul was seen meandering soon afterwards.
Wrist bands on and we all ventured over to Sainsbury’s to get our meal deals.

Paul said that as there was only 5 of us we would all fit in his ZTT thus saving Dave driving his Lexus, which in hindsight was a good idea. The trip around NEC is very pretty this time of year with the leaves turning a golden brown, they were green when we first set off. Paul lost his bearing a bit as we shot past our car park, twice. But after asking directions from two security guards we found our way back and parked next to a Ignition Blue ZTT in the East car park.

Then it was the long walk to the hall via the two underpasses. But we found our way to our stand quickly. We was soon joined by Pete and Christopher, then Neil joined us, another member of the Green Team backroom boys. Tim did not arrive till about 11am, but we knew he would be late.
First problem I encountered was Grovey’s bonnet cable had gone slack, so I was unable to disconnect the battery. No idea who I could contact to get the info from to open the bonnet.

The stand was getting busier and busier with the press coming round to take photo’s and do reports. We has a surprise visitor in the form of the original designer of the Rover 75, his name escapes me at the moment. Both Paul and Christopher showed him around OVP.
The show was now open to the general public and soon we was even busier. I must have spoken to over 50 people, and most of them knew me already. Must stop putting my cards in pho................................

Well, about 10 new members signed up or renewed their memberships. I did sign up two members but I had to ask Paul both times if I had done the form right.
In between people I managed to eat my lunch, at one point I had been stuck in one place on the stand for over two hours just talking. Grovey attracted a lot of attention, the colour seemed to draw people in. Along with our video showing the TV and film excerpts of the life of OVP.

Pete was our tea boy, bless him so we never got thirsty. But the time was nipping along at the time to close was fast approaching. 18.30 the show was shutting and our evening meal was booked for 20.30. Plenty of time to get back and cleaned up.......................... but it did not quite go to plan.

To be continued, beddy byes time now. Night all.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2018, 05:53   #13
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Magical mystery tour.........................

............................................... springs to mind.

As we left the hall we found it was throwing the wet stuff down, but a brisk walk back to our car was soon done. Pete and Christopher were giving a lift to Peter and Robert as they wanted to dine with us. Fools.

Naturally enough getting out of the car park was a nightmare, it had been suggested by the gang of three in the back seat that I should get out and lay down in front of the traffic thus letting Paul out but I declined the suggestion.
Paul had set the black n white Satnav up, we had to wait whilst the valves warmed up. This satnav was designed by Lowry of the matchstick men and women fame. What I took to be a couple of elastic bands laid on top of one and other turned out to be two roundabouts.

Once out of the car park we was off and ignoring the voice on the satnav, second roundabout turn left. Straight across then turn left at the next donut. Paul then immediately got into the wrong lane, well it was raining and we was chatting. Not to worry said Paul we can just Bear left and the satnav will guide us back. Ha! Ha!
According to the voice on the map thingy we had 12 miles to go before we could swing round as now we was on one of the super highways heading towards the tolls on the M6.

AnywayPaul using his store of local knowledge, currently empty, we was off and onto a A road. The map thingy was now telling us we was only 25 miles away from our hotel. But we was heading in the right direction. Dave by now had got his phone out and was using the map on there to help guide Paul back.
Pity it was dark as I would have liked to have seen the places of interest that we sped past. Chinese Palace takeaway, Fish Quay chippy, speedy funeral parlour and the place where retired servicemen meet, the Vets.

By now we was only 6 miles away, we laughed it off but we was all hoping there would be enough food left for us back at the restaurant. I assured Paul that I would not mention much about our little trip out in my report last night, so i’m Writing it this morning.
After our meal last night, 10 of us on a table designed for 6, Andy and Debbie arrived. Too late for food but early enough for a beer or two.
I explained to Andy that Grovey was still under warranty so he would have to honour the deal and get Grovey’s bonnet open, well that’s what Matt told me to say.
Andy said some words that I have now looked up, not nice at all either, but he said that Debbie would get it fixed.

And with that I was off to my pit.

Saturday up bright and early, slept a bit better last night. Got my 2nd Poppy inspired Rugby shirt on today, nothing else just my shirt. And off to breakfast now.
If coming to the show don’t forget to give us a miss. Catch you all later.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 13th November 2018 at 06:38..
Old 10th November 2018, 08:48   #14
Cable Tie
Regional Secretary

Orange grove ztt cdti

Thanked 1,381 Times in 818 Posts

Thanks for update bob and a big thanks to ANDY and debs for honouring the lifetime warranty lol lol lol cheers guys it’s very much appreciated
Old 10th November 2018, 08:58   #15
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Reading this really made me smile this morning Bob, looking forward to the next installment

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
............ I assured Paul that I would not mention mush about our little trip out in my report last night, so i’m Writing it this morning.........
Sheer genius!

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2018, 04:05   #16
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool You’ll never guess what happened...................

............................... yesterday morning on our way to the NEC. We actually got there with no mistakes. Right into the correct car park.

So nothing to report.

onen hag oll
Old 12th November 2018, 05:59   #17
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Apologies................

................................. for not keeping the report up to date but the last few days have been hectic, but once home i’ll Complete the report.

If you have “worked” on our stand at the NEC then you will know how demanding it is. Plus when left in charge the pressure is even greater.

onen hag oll
Old 12th November 2018, 13:42   #18
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

No worries Bob, though I must admit, when I read the bit below I thought Paul had got to you and was perhaps holding the Yellow One hostage

Cliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
............................... yesterday morning on our way to the NEC. We actually got there with no mistakes. Right into the correct car park.

So nothing to report.

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2018, 16:07   #19
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
No worries Bob, though I must admit, when I read the bit below I thought Paul had got to you and was perhaps holding the Yellow One hostage

Cliff
Paul has been a diamond with all the ribbing and flack he received over the event. All harmless fun, hopefully. We'll see if I get invited back next year.

onen hag oll
Old 13th November 2018, 07:05   #20
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Saturday evening......................

.............................................. after our little excursion into The wilds of Brummie land we was all off out for a meal away from the hotel on Saturday. Joining us this evening was Jon “lost my camera”, RPWC, Graham1961 and Michael.
So 13 of us sat down for evening meal in the Indian restaurant, been here before so we know the food is good. After a few pints of Cobra beer, other than me as I was on orange juice but we got that rectified asap.
Christopher seemed to be in mischievous mood, him and Mark were gradually removing Dave’s cutlery whilst Dave chatted. Even when the food turned up Dave asked for more cutlery, that too went to Christopher. By the time Dave caught on Christopher had enough knives and forks to make up a canteen of cutlery.

Andy stood up and asked us to raise our glasses to Freddie and Brian who both had passed away recently.
Food arriving and the nose bags were on. Lots of photo’s being taken, the waiters took our cameras and sold them on eBay.................... only joking.
Lots of very nice food and a few beers later it was the turn of Pete to stand up and make a speech. He thanked the “Green Team” for all the hard work into setting up the stand, along with Tim and Mark.
He too asked us to raise our glasses for Freddie, Brian and one very special member, our Derek “Windrush”. Pete also included the thanks for those that gave there all 100 years ago. I must admit it brought a tear or two to my face.

Whilst Pete was making his speech Michael passed out. Andy who is a registered first aidercame immediately to his aid. Along with Richard, Jon, Pete and Graham they got Michael out into the fresh air where he revived. Having spent the day walking round the show, then coming out for a few beers plus spicy food it all had taken it’s toll.
Debbie stayed with him till he felt better before coming back into the restaurant. Michael wanted to apologise but we said not to worry about it. After all I expect we have all been there at some point in our lives.
As the even drew to close Tim said that he would give Mark, Dave and me a ride back to our hotel in his company car, a brand new MG GS.
Nice car but not a proper MG.

To be continued............

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 13th November 2018 at 07:07.. Reason: Perishing predictive text