Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th March 2012, 23:03   #1
backseateducation
Regular poster

N/A

Default Nearside Front Wing Removal

Just wondered if the front wings were bolt-on, and anything I should be aware of when removing one? Mine has a dent at the front corner, with any luck it will push out but if not hopefully I'll be able to find a good used one.
Old 25th March 2012, 09:14   #2
rover54
Retired

rover 75 v6 Auto Conn. SE 54 plate LPG and 2006 Rover 75 v6 Auto LPG , 1.8 r75 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by backseateducation View Post
Just wondered if the front wings were bolt-on, and anything I should be aware of when removing one? Mine has a dent at the front corner, with any luck it will push out but if not hopefully I'll be able to find a good used one.
Yes bolt on
rover54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2012, 13:47   #3
backseateducation
Regular poster

N/A

Thank you!
Old 25th March 2012, 14:34   #4
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Pretty simple, remove mudflap if fitted or equivilent corner fixing to be able to move the arch liner out of the way at the bottom, two bolts in there one that holds the wing to the sill and one that holds the bottom of the wing to the bottom of the A post, ( need a socket on a long extn for that one) all 10mm IRIC

then open door for a further bolt on the A post at the top of the wing.
Remove all the bolts along the top of the wing and slacken the one that holds the slam panel in place.
I further 10mm bolt is in the wheel arch itself just where the front bumper joins the wing.

Finally you will need to loosen the front bumper to be able to access the final bolt that holds the wing in place behind the bumper. Remove the 9 phillips screws / 10mm bolts (dependant on age of car) along the top of the bumper and then where the wing meets the bumper just in front of the wheel pull the bumper out and forward. this releases the bumper from the wing and you will be able to get a socket into the last securing bolt for the wing. The wing has to be lifted up around 20mm to clear the lip on the top. don't forget to disc the indicator lead.
HTH

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2012, 15:26   #5
backseateducation
Regular poster

N/A

Brilliant, thank you very much.

I'm hoping it won't be necessary but knowing my luck it will!
Old 25th March 2012, 16:01   #6
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Pretty simple, remove mudflap if fitted or equivilent corner fixing to be able to move the arch liner out of the way at the bottom, two bolts in there one that holds the wing to the sill and one that holds the bottom of the wing to the bottom of the A post, ( need a socket on a long extn for that one) all 10mm IRIC

then open door for a further bolt on the A post at the top of the wing.
Remove all the bolts along the top of the wing and slacken the one that holds the slam panel in place.
I further 10mm bolt is in the wheel arch itself just where the front bumper joins the wing.

Finally you will need to loosen the front bumper to be able to access the final bolt that holds the wing in place behind the bumper. Remove the 9 phillips screws / 10mm bolts (dependant on age of car) along the top of the bumper and then where the wing meets the bumper just in front of the wheel pull the bumper out and forward. this releases the bumper from the wing and you will be able to get a socket into the last securing bolt for the wing. The wing has to be lifted up around 20mm to clear the lip on the top. don't forget to disc the indicator lead.
HTH
nice and clear info there dave nice one ... makes me wanna go get the 75 down the road with the dented in n/s wing now .already know where to get the wing in same colour for £25 but as yet im not sure if my next one should be the v6 one or a diesel sshhhhh .looks like it just needs a wing but dont know if any other damage has been done so its on hold just now .
Old 22nd January 2015, 04:31   #7
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Digging up an old thread I know, but has anyone got any photos of where all these bolts are that need removing? And can anyone tell me how long an extension I need to get to the bolts?

Thanks.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 09:40   #8
Ken Lion
Gets stuck in

R75 2.0 CDT Club SE Tourer

This YouTube vid on removing the bumper may help - not about the wing, I know - but relevant for some of the related bumper loosening bits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BUGH4_VMkU
Ken Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 13:55   #9
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Thanks, turns out there's a how to on the forum here as well, it just didn't seem to show up on a Google search.

Cheers.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote