Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd August 2015, 10:57   #1
dan_storm
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Default TAZU Inner Tie Rod - not fitting

Hi all,

I'm in the process of fitting replacement inner tie rods from Tazu. I have found they do not fit correctly. The thread is too long!

Has anyone fitted inner tie rods from Tazu? If so, did you have the same problem? Looking at photo's on their website and a pciture posted from Tasng4 it looks like I have either been sent the incorrect part, or the part has been changed.

It's pretty frustrating as I specifically chose the Tazu parts as I didn't want the hassle of cutting down the thread on a Ford Galaxy part.

The photo's below show the differences. Old part on the right, new part on the left:

dan_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2015, 11:30   #2
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_storm View Post
Hi all,

I'm in the process of fitting replacement inner tie rods from Tazu. I have found they do not fit correctly. The thread is too long!

Has anyone fitted inner tie rods from Tazu? If so, did you have the same problem? Looking at photo's on their website and a pciture posted from Tasng4 it looks like I have either been sent the incorrect part, or the part has been changed.

It's pretty frustrating as I specifically chose the Tazu parts as I didn't want the hassle of cutting down the thread on a Ford Galaxy part.

The photo's below show the differences. Old part on the right, new part on the left:

That looks like the wrong part. Cant find an image on the tazu site but doesnt look anything like the picture on matts site.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2015, 13:08   #3
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

That's what you'll get now. I got two from Mat. When I opened the box they were different types but the one without the collar has a washer on it but I'm informed they are a direct replacement although these are not Tazu I'm only pointing out even the ones Mat supplies have changed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (131.5 KB, 77 views)
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2015, 13:19   #4
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

I ordered a Tazu one on 7th July direct from Poland, could not wait any longer for it to arrive, due to MOT failure

So bought this:

from

http://www.eurocarparts.com/track-rod-and-track-rod-end

seems to be excellent quality, fitted well and the car now has 12 months MOT.

After a e-mail to Tazu they have apologized and assure me one will be with me on Monday or Tuesday. I will post a pic up when I receive it, dont like the look of the washer one.
Best_of_British is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2015, 15:00   #5
dan_storm
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

I got the washer with mine too, but it is no where near thick enough to mate both surfaces. There is still a gap and the washer can be wiggled by hand so it seems completely pointless. I've emailed Tazu about it.

Best of British, what car was the part you ordered for? The link didn't work. Did it have a raised collar and/or need any thread removing?
Old 2nd August 2015, 15:39   #6
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Fits any i think, just put my reg in ECP. Mines 02 cdt tourer. The part is a direct fit, just a bit of thread lock, £29 all in delivered to door.
Old 2nd August 2015, 15:48   #7
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Here is another pic alongside old one, I had to cut nut off old one hence the thread is shorter. They looked identical, the Lemforder one has the inner lip like the original one and the stub is the same length. I think the Tazu one looks a poor replica and not like the images of Tazu ones I have seen in the past. Im interested to see what the one on route from Poland looks like when it gets here.

Old 2nd August 2015, 16:26   #8
dan_storm
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best_of_British View Post
Here is another pic alongside old one, I had to cut nut off old one hence the thread is shorter. They looked identical, the Lemforder one has the inner lip like the original one and the stub is the same length. I think the Tazu one looks a poor replica and not like the images of Tazu ones I have seen in the past. Im interested to see what the one on route from Poland looks like when it gets here.

Thanks for the info! For some reason the Eurocarparts database is not coming up with the inner tie rods when I put in my reg but when i enter a Rover 75 manually I can see them.

Interestingly, the part number is also showing for a Ford Galaxy. I have heard other reports that the Ford Galaxy inner tie rod requires the inner thread cutting down. It sounds like that was not the case with the part you got?

It's hard to be certain, but to me it looks like the Lemforder part thread may be a bit longer than OEM but shorter than the part I have. Just to confirm, did the Lemforder part sit flush against the steering rack face without any gaps?

The image below shows the problem I have with the Tazu part. In my opinion this is not safe as it puts shear force on the thread.

Hopefully Tazu can clear up the confusion, perhaps I have been sent the wrong part.
Old 2nd August 2015, 16:57   #9
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

Sorry, but what's the point of a company supplying 'pattern' replacement parts, if they can't pattern the original anywhere near properly.

It's not as if they're having to re engineer it, just copy it for heavens sake. What a waste of material and time.
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2015, 17:10   #10
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon190 View Post
Sorry, but what's the point of a company supplying 'pattern' replacement parts, if they can't pattern the original anywhere near properly.

It's not as if they're having to re engineer it, just copy it for heavens sake. What a waste of material and time.
The part shown here looks nothing like the one in their website here

http://www.tazuparts.com/product/rov...inner-tie-rod/

You can clearly see a shoulder on it. I reckon they have simply shipped you the wrong part.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote