Notices

Old 15th November 2013, 06:57   #1
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts
Thumbs up Timg

Hi Tim
Many thanks for giving the club your full support by becoming a fully paid up member well done and welcome to the REDS
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 07:33   #2
TimG
Regular poster

Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTi Auto Tourer

Thanks!

Quick intro as first post:

I'm in Oxford and currently drive (well, tinker with) an 88" Series III Land Rover by preference and an old Fiesta on its last legs when required. The latter mainly for family journeys or when wanting to do more than 50mph with hearing still in tact.

The Fiesta is unlikely to get through the next MOT without significant expense so it's a good opportunity to move to a real car, and the 75 has been on my radar for a while thanks to a local friend (brrm on here, owner of the green ZT-T 260 press car) who has been singing the praises of the 75 and ZT. I didn't take too much convincing as I was already somewhat in the Rover camp.

I'm in no rush but hope to find a clean 75 in the next six months or so, ideally through the club here. I'm a sedate driver (kind of necessary with the Series LR) and will mostly use it for 300-500 motorway-mile round trips visiting family and friends at weekends and carrying a fair bit of kit, hence liking the look of a manual CDT tourer. Open to advice on this though!

Having an active members club is a big plus for me, something that has been very helpful with the Landy and I very much appreciate the benefits for a family car too. I don't mind getting my hands dirty but don't have a huge amount of experience hence appreciate advice on maintenance and repairs. Hence signed up here and paid my tenner.

Looking forward to hopefully joining the ranks of proud 75 owners in the coming months and getting to know you all.

Tim
TimG is offline   Reply With Quote