Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th August 2019, 10:45   #11
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robti View Post
thanks for all the helpful replies, he gets 2 youmove tablets in the morning with a piece of smoked mackerel and his medicine on his food and the same at night and he also gets 5ml of salmon oil on his food every night, reason for posting was to see if anyone had found something cheaper than the youmove but with the same ingredients/concentration

Best suggestion is to read the list of ingredients, then take it from there.

Kalpol for kids is expensive for what it is. Checking the ingredients it is just paracetamol, which is dirt cheap, but in a diluted dose and made to taste nice.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2019, 11:28   #12
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

My 10 year old Lab/Staffie cross has had knee joint problems for several years now. When working at the RSPCA she was put onto some tablets that did work but not 100%. The branch closed so I started using my own vet from years ago and he did not like the tablets she was on. They could cause liver problems and she did have to have regular blood tests. He put me onto another tablet which was basically Glucosamine etc for animals including dogs and horses. It was expensive and I could only buy it through vets so looked at alternatives when I became an OAP.

I found Active Joints by Vets Kitchen. This has the same ingredients as the tablet but in a chicken flavoured syrup you mix in food. A lot easier to give her as she is difficult with tablets.. I get it from Pets at Home and dependent on if its on offer costs £5.00 to £7.50 and a bottle lasts just over a month and is less than a third of the cost of the vets tablet. Been on it now for two years and I can say that she walks a lot better and now she very rarely shows signs that her knee is hurting her as she did when on the tablets.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2019, 19:23   #13
Robti
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 190+,Rover 800 vitesse coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSun View Post
My 10 year old Lab/Staffie cross has had knee joint problems for several years now. When working at the RSPCA she was put onto some tablets that did work but not 100%. The branch closed so I started using my own vet from years ago and he did not like the tablets she was on. They could cause liver problems and she did have to have regular blood tests. He put me onto another tablet which was basically Glucosamine etc for animals including dogs and horses. It was expensive and I could only buy it through vets so looked at alternatives when I became an OAP.

I found Active Joints by Vets Kitchen. This has the same ingredients as the tablet but in a chicken flavoured syrup you mix in food. A lot easier to give her as she is difficult with tablets.. I get it from Pets at Home and dependent on if its on offer costs £5.00 to £7.50 and a bottle lasts just over a month and is less than a third of the cost of the vets tablet. Been on it now for two years and I can say that she walks a lot better and now she very rarely shows signs that her knee is hurting her as she did when on the tablets.
thanks off for a look