Isn’t money laundering illegal?😇
Old 27th March 2020, 20:08   #12
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
My mum’s carer has asthma, and from last Sunday she had only been caring for her, as the families of the other two ladies said they were going to manage the care themselves during lockdown for both the sake of herself and her clients, she called me tonight very upset saying she was terrified of getting the virus due to her condition, and her son losing his mum, or her being a carrier and giving it to my mum. So I told her to just stay at home for the time being until restrictions are lifted and I will manage her care myself. There are still people that seem to think this situation is not as serious as it is. I have been shopping and to the post office today and made sure I kept as far away as possible from the shop staff. At the p o, I practically threw the money on the counter for the postage,then apologised to the counter clerk saying I hadn’t intended to throw it, but was just trying to keep away. She was actually grateful and said better that than come too close. At the shop I handed money over at arms length or placed the money on the counter and stood well back. When I go to mum’s tomorrow I have protective gloves but no mask, so will have to use a scarf instead and not make contact with her, although I do need to take her for her daily exercise so she will need to link my arm as she can’t walk unaided.
Richard.--Those restrictions.--I think the 3 weeks will soon become 3 months then maybe 6 months or more.

Without a vaccine then with all the hope in the world this virus will run and run if the 70,000,000 population needs to become immune.

The current three weeks will do NOTHING.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2020, 11:04   #13
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Richard.--Those restrictions.--I think the 3 weeks will soon become 3 months then maybe 6 months or more.

Without a vaccine then with all the hope in the world this virus will run and run if the 70,000,000 population needs to become immune.

The current three weeks will do NOTHING.
I know 3 weeks will not be enough
Old 29th March 2020, 11:50   #14
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymc View Post
They had the right idea. The virus can remain viable on plastic and steel for up to three days, as opposed to 24 hours on copper or paper.
72 hours on plastic, 48 hours on stainless steel, and four hours on copper, cardboard and paper six hours.

I popped out for a loaf of bread while walking the dog earlier, and the amount of people in the local Co-Op handling stuff and putting it back was astounding.

Choosing my loaf from the back of the shelf, I then made a sharp exit........this will become a Darwinian exercise where the people who are best designed to fit a local environment survive.

The amount of stupidity and false bravado being displayed was cringeworthy.

Heh ho
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2020, 10:24   #15
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Up to 24 hours on cardboard according to here.

Quote:

Neeltje van Doremalen, a virologist at the US National Institutes of Health (NIH), and her colleagues at the Rocky Mountain Laboratories in Hamilton, Montana, have done some of the first tests of how long Sars-CoV-2 can last for on different surfaces. Their study, which has been published in the New England Journal of Medicine, shows that the virus could survive in droplets for up to three hours after being coughed out into the air. Fine droplets between 1-5 micrometres in size – about 30 times smaller than the width of a human hair – can remain airborne for several hours in still air.
It means that the virus circulating in unfiltered air conditioning systems will only persist for a couple of hours at the most, especially as aerosol droplets tend to settle on surfaces faster in disturbed air.
But the NIH study found that the Sars-CoV-2 virus survives for longer on cardboard – up to 24 hours – and up to 2-3 days on plastic and stainless-steel surfaces. (Learn how to clean your mobile phone properly.)
The findings suggest the virus might last this long on door handles, plastic-coated or laminated worktops and other hard surfaces. The researchers did find, however, that copper surfaces tended to kill the virus in about four hours.
Haven't seen anything to indicate whether it's any different for paper. Some types of paper such as a glossy magazine would be less water-absorptive (and more likely to be coated in a fine layer of plastic) than e.g. the type of paper used for envelopes, so in theory it might last even longer.

As a "high touch" item, any plastic wrapping/bag around a loaf of bread would need to be cleaned before putting it into your breadbin! Thankfully, I make my own bread anyway.
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote