Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th March 2020, 03:35   #41
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
All done on purpose by the Chinese govt, release a virus onto the world, wait for the stocks a shares to collapse, buy it up including cheap gold, then wait for it all to recover, and bingo,two fingers to the American's for trying to limit cheap Chinese imports.
While what you say is possible, there are other, diametrically opposed theories to that.
https://asiatimes.com/2020/03/china-...d-war-with-us/

Who knows?
We certainly have seen stupid things before. This, however takes the game to a new level.
It is all about control, and we are just the pawns.
Old 20th March 2020, 05:22   #42
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
While what you say is possible, there are other, diametrically opposed theories to that.
https://asiatimes.com/2020/03/china-...d-war-with-us/

Who knows?
We certainly have seen stupid things before. This, however takes the game to a new level.
It is all about control, and we are just the pawns.
Good morning Mr K, I have never seen you as a pawn or do feel your being manipulated?

We were supposed to have flown down to the Cape on Wednesday to start a new building project, but have postponed the flights until the end of October. We heard Cape Town was refusing flights to foreigners who had come from a virus country. We have spoken to the building contractor, someone we have used before and he can make a start on Monday without us. He has agreed to FaceTime and WhatsApp site meetings.

How is the spread of the virus affecting yourselves?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2020, 05:53   #43
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Good morning to you too!
I am not sure if that is a complaint or a compliment!
The thing is, it does not matter one little bit what you can see or what you fear might happen. The masses will drag you with them, even if it is over the edge straight Wilie Coyote. That is what state schooling is all about. We have so many square holes, make sure all sizes fit!!

I think we as normal people have been too complacent, too inactive, too trusting and too dumb. There is very little love lost between the state and the serfs. They will leave you alone provided you contribute to keep them in power. Otherwise - -

We are certainly being manipulated. There can be no doubt about this. This "crisis" could have been handled completely differently, if the goal had been to keep society functioning. The aim is clearly maximum fear, and the usual "state to the rescue". We will save you, but it will cost some of your freedom. Never let a crisis go to waste!
It is interesting to see what Bill Gates is up to. If you read the article I referred to above, he is in the midst of the thicket, it seems, together with other billionaires with firm views of the sustainable maximum populations this world should have, and the climate goals we should all achieve. It is scary when you add the small pieces of the puzzle and get the distinct feeling this is indeed a sideshow for what is planned during the panic.
Seen the movie a dozen times already.
So yes, I don't just feel manipulated, I know I am being shifted and shunted by people, forces and agendas I am not privy to. And it is so obvious that one despairs at the inability of other people to see it too!

So down the river we go. In spite of warnings and dangers, we are all in this together. The canoe has left and it will not stop for me.

Otherwise I am fine, thank you and I hope you are too.

As for building in the Cape it sounds very exiting! It is one of the most beautiful places on earth!
The pandemic here has resulted in the usual government idiocies like bars having to close at 1800 each day and 1300 on Sundays! As if that was going to make much of a difference. All talk about being prepared, but even in normal times this system is limping along with a bad bad limp. Come a crisis, and the system will cease working altogether.
Yet, I would not change it for anything else. There is still a raw spirit, some wonderful people and new exiting things around every corner.!
At the moment we could do with less excitement, but there you go!

Good luck with your plans!!
Old 20th March 2020, 07:31   #44
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

I don't think most people cant face facts, they think the world, life, is some sort of theme park where they can get out if its not to their liking, or get their money back. Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2020, 07:38   #45
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
I don't think most people cant face facts, they think the world, life, is some sort of theme park where they can get out if its not to their liking, or get their money back. Chris.S.
Who are they, do you know them?
Old 20th March 2020, 08:12   #46
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
Good morning to you too!
I am not sure if that is a complaint or a compliment!
The thing is, it does not matter one little bit what you can see or what you fear might happen. The masses will drag you with them, even if it is over the edge straight Wilie Coyote. That is what state schooling is all about. We have so many square holes, make sure all sizes fit!!

I think we as normal people have been too complacent, too inactive, too trusting and too dumb. There is very little love lost between the state and the serfs. They will leave you alone provided you contribute to keep them in power. Otherwise - -

We are certainly being manipulated. There can be no doubt about this. This "crisis" could have been handled completely differently, if the goal had been to keep society functioning. The aim is clearly maximum fear, and the usual "state to the rescue". We will save you, but it will cost some of your freedom. Never let a crisis go to waste!
It is interesting to see what Bill Gates is up to. If you read the article I referred to above, he is in the midst of the thicket, it seems, together with other billionaires with firm views of the sustainable maximum populations this world should have, and the climate goals we should all achieve. It is scary when you add the small pieces of the puzzle and get the distinct feeling this is indeed a sideshow for what is planned during the panic.
Seen the movie a dozen times already.
So yes, I don't just feel manipulated, I know I am being shifted and shunted by people, forces and agendas I am not privy to. And it is so obvious that one despairs at the inability of other people to see it too!

So down the river we go. In spite of warnings and dangers, we are all in this together. The canoe has left and it will not stop for me.

Otherwise I am fine, thank you and I hope you are too.

As for building in the Cape it sounds very exiting! It is one of the most beautiful places on earth!
The pandemic here has resulted in the usual government idiocies like bars having to close at 1800 each day and 1300 on Sundays! As if that was going to make much of a difference. All talk about being prepared, but even in normal times this system is limping along with a bad bad limp. Come a crisis, and the system will cease working altogether.
Yet, I would not change it for anything else. There is still a raw spirit, some wonderful people and new exiting things around every corner.!
At the moment we could do with less excitement, but there you go!

Good luck with your plans!!
Thank you Mr K for such a speedy and thoughtful reply. At the farm on the Helderberg in a cupboard, I still have the new OEM bearings and ABS sensor you asked for (ages ago). I was hoping to post them to you. If you remember there was a postal strike at the time of our last visit to the Cape and couldn’t do it. Hopefully this will be achieved if we are allowed back into South Africa in October I wonder what the chances are of the borders being reopened to the likes of us. In this situation I feel very much at the mercy of the authorities, but South Africa is still a country for the entrepreneur However, I fear what this virus will do to the people in South Africa and it’s economy.

I heard yesterday there was a mass exodus of motorists panicking and fleeing Nairobi into the countryside and the bush. Little do they realise by doing this, they will be taking the virus to the tribes and remote regions.

The building project consists of converting a double storey store on the mountain into a 3 bedroom apartment with a drive in underground garage overlooking the sea. This will be for the family to use including ourselves and it will enable us to rent out the other houses on the farm. All the money from the rents is ploughed back in for the upkeep of the farm, the mountain and meeting the statutory requirements for keeping the fire breaks up together ....that’s the plan, it’s just as well Jessica and myself are both retired.
Old 20th March 2020, 09:41   #47
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinky d View Post
Avulon I was born in 1945,I still remember using Ration books for essentials well into the 1950,s.Tom.
Yes. I remember sweets coming off the ration. My uncle gave me one shilling to buy some sweets. I can remember making a pig of myself. Little toad. .
Old 20th March 2020, 10:02   #48
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLM View Post
Who are are they?
Who are these fat pigs with their snouts and feet in the trough, queuing up cheek by Jowell at all supermarkets? Will they continue to do so every day until they are deterred by Police or troops at the entrances.
I thought self interest was rife year on year, but this is all together at a really new level.

If this is the new breed of human being of the future I,m sorry but ...........
"I'M OUT".
Quote from my old school pal in the USA.......
"The gun stores cannot keep up with the demand. I don’t know what these “nuts” are thinking.
The economy is going to hell with the stock market leading the way which is down 35% plus. It will never make it up in my lifetime.
Well Kevin stay safe and pray for better times".

Kev.
Please, please,please, don’t let the so called stock market ‘crash’ worry you in the least. It does not reflect anything known to most people. The only thing it reflects is the same mentality that is being shown in the new phenomenon of crash buying in supermkts. The ‘herd’ mentality. I have followed and dealt on the stock market since an early age, mid twenties or there about. I have made money, and lost money.The only thing that stockmkts reflect is the panicking of people, and also the ‘engineering’ of those in the stock exchange itself, to make money. The reason that stock markets have ‘crashed’, is because the people who have the ability to make themselves millions of ££££, Both in bonus and for the companies they work for, have seized the opportunities that there are now with all the panicking that is going on. Don’t worry, they will still be lording it up on their yacht’s and in their mansions, whilst a lot of idiots at the other end of the scale will be acting in the same way as them, queuing up waiting to ransack the shops. Shame really that humans are such idiots.
Old 20th March 2020, 10:16   #49
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Philip, "most people" Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2020, 11:18   #50
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

latest daily change to our lives, no more than 100 people gathering, everyone needs to have 4sqm.
Govt now talking about waiving rent for businesses and homes for 6 months,
Banks frozen any loan repayments for businesses
Govt trying to insulate businesses for 6 months .
Also talking about being able to lockdown an area or suburb should an outbreak occur there.
All our borders are now shut from air and sea.
Tasmania wont even let anyone in !!
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote