Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th December 2009, 18:42   #1
Cymrudragon
I really should get out more.......

MGZTT2.5 V6 190+ SE 2002

Default 1700 job lose at corus more like

As we all know this parasitic gov as let the hard working men at Corus down again, and dont trust the numbers earther 1700 men more like 3000+ with the contractors and all the companys that reliy on the steel. as a corus employee if feel the tip of the knife in my back wating for the final push while the MP's lord it up over xmass and the (w) bankers grin from ear to ear with there million pound bonus god im ~###### annoyed, and that is beeing polite how about a bailout for them up north in Corus who are facing £ 60 a week on the dole. shame on you and shame on this underhanded goverment for letting other countrys wring the neck of our industry in order to line there pockets and discard it like a sweet wraper
in the year 2020 this country will be a giant warehouse for europe as we make nothing and to top it of the Tory's are back, look out 1979 to 1997 remember all the pits, then there was none( deijavoue)
Cymrudragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 19:34   #2
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

I understand your sentiments towards the bankers, but speaking as a bank worker in a branch please do not tar us all with the same brush as those who are getting mega bonus and salaries. Most of us earn well under £20k with no bonus, no or little pension, no job security (over 20000 colleagues made redundant) and to be frank no hope.
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 20:45   #3
whyte850
Avid contributor

2001 Rover 75 Connoisser SE 2.0 L V6 Auto and 1950 Rover P4 75 Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
I understand your sentiments towards the bankers, but speaking as a bank worker in a branch please do not tar us all with the same brush as those who are getting mega bonus and salaries. Most of us earn well under £20k with no bonus, no or little pension, no job security (over 20000 colleagues made redundant) and to be frank no hope.

Totally agree with the above post, I was made redundent from RBS at the end of june. I must say that contrary to popular opinion most retail bank workers are on less than 17k. The media would have you believe that we were all on millions, not so

2019 Seat Mii Design

2001 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.0 V6

2006 Renault Twingo MK1 LHD

1971 Fiat 850 Sport Coupe (Restoration project)
whyte850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 22:05   #4
teamninja
Regular poster

rover 75

Well said cymrudragon your only speaking the truth, there will be little firms hit that will not be mentioned and all steel workers are thinking about their jobs and how long before the grim reeper shuts another business sad days
teamninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 23:00   #5
Cymrudragon
I really should get out more.......

MGZTT2.5 V6 190+ SE 2002

Sorry but i ment no offence to thous who are not at the top and i think you know who i was venting my at so no offence but in regards to the pay i do still think that the top top men who will shair,... the what is it! 20 odd billion well sorry i think it is repulsive and i do feel for workers in your positions at the banks to be honest they shafted you as well so.and as Olivar Hardy said another fine mess! and people like us all will end up paying for it and i dont think the Torys will do us working class any favours eather from past experience.very angry,,
Cymrudragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 23:22   #6
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Well said.
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote