Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th July 2019, 14:54   #1
bluemalbert
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Default Exhaust

Can anyone confirm that Klarius back box part no: RR365H
Is correct for a ZT190 saloon. It only lists it as a 180 for a saloon! But the ZTT lists a different number for 190 but not saloon. Even the helpline was vague!! Ideally a response from someone who's changed theirs. The are slightly different pipe bores which is a worry!!
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk
bluemalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2019, 14:10   #2
Tracker
Loves to post

MG ZT

I believe Klarius R331H (60mm bore) is correct for the ZT 190 (and also the ZT 180 auto and 1.8T). However, be very careful with Klarius. I recently purchased an R331H from Euro Car Parts and my garage couldn't make it fit. They said the link pipe to the centre section had been wrongly welded on to the box so it wouldn't line up with the centre section pipe. I knew the centre section was correctly positioned as it was a genuine OE MG Rover one. I may have been unlucky in getting a faulty item, but be prepared for problems with a Klarius. The problem is you won't know if it fits or not 'til you try; there was no reason to suspect mine from just looking at it.
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2019, 17:05   #3
bluemalbert
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
I believe Klarius R331H (60mm bore) is correct for the ZT 190 (and also the ZT 180 auto and 1.8T). However, be very careful with Klarius. I recently purchased an R331H from Euro Car Parts and my garage couldn't make it fit. They said the link pipe to the centre section had been wrongly welded on to the box so it wouldn't line up with the centre section pipe. I knew the centre section was correctly positioned as it was a genuine OE MG Rover one. I may have been unlucky in getting a faulty item, but be prepared for problems with a Klarius. The problem is you won't know if it fits or not 'til you try; there was no reason to suspect mine from just looking at it.
Thanks for your comments. I had the box fitted yesterday and as you stated a Klarius RR331H. When you say be careful with Klarius, I found no choice to be honest. It fitted well to the existing OEM centre section. The Klarius part catalogue shows diagrams of exhaust boxes which look like the original clam shell type - but the 331 isnt that shape in real life. It sounds fine - so far!!!

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk
bluemalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2019, 20:01   #4
Tracker
Loves to post

MG ZT

That's good to hear. Glad your one went OK!
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote