Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd August 2015, 16:30   #1
KRISTLEE
I really should get out more.......

None at the moment.

Default Brake upgrade

Hi All,

I know the advert says they are the upgrade ones but I would rather a trusted enthusiast from here advise so can someone please check item number 231594548791 on eBay and confirm that these are the larger calipers and discs required for me to upgrade the ones on my ZT-T diesel?

I already have 18" alloys so I am ok there but is there anything else I will need?

Since I am doing a lot of work on the Beast I might as well do the brake upgrade whilst I'm at it lol.

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
KRISTLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2015, 16:36   #2
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

I can't say for sure, but I don't think there's any difference to the rears anyway. The front's on the 190 are larger and they look that way in the picture. Not sure that I'd buy secondhand disks though without inspecting them first for wear (only the outside of the disks is shown in the photos. It's the calipers you need if you want to upgrad the brakes to 190 spec. Is 18" wheel big enough to accomadate, or do you need the 19"? Is £120 ok for the calipers alone? it might be. maybe ask the seller if he'll split the fronts out for £60? (gotta be cheeky )

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2015, 16:37   #3
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Just had another look, you may want to check that you don't also need the 190 caliper brackets for the front as well.

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
Old 2nd August 2015, 16:50   #4
KRISTLEE

None at the moment.

Cheers mate,

I'd be getting new discs anyway, it's just the calipers and carriers I'm after. Speaking of carriers you are right though the advert just appears to be for calipers and discs... I will drop the seller a message asking if they include carriers and if they'd be interested in just selling me the front calipers.

I believe 18s are big enough.

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
Old 2nd August 2015, 17:48   #5
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

The rears on a 190 are vented vs solid of the rest of the FWD range.

Its not a big difference, but if your doing the job you might as well do it properly.
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2015, 17:48   #6
KRISTLEE

None at the moment.

I ended up buying some front calipers and carriers from a different seller...he wanted £60 plus postage so I offered £50 plus postage and he accepted so I'm quite pleased lol.

I'm going to order some new discs and pads now, am I right in thinking I need 325mm discs?

Lee.

Old 2nd August 2015, 17:53   #7
Fusilier
Moderator / RS North East

MG ZT T 180,MGF Freestyle, Jaguar XKR Convertible and XF

Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISTLEE View Post
I ended up buying some front calipers and carriers from a different seller...he wanted £60 plus postage so I offered £50 plus postage and he accepted so I'm quite pleased lol.

I'm going to order some new discs and pads now, am I right in thinking I need 325mm discs?
Yes you do need 325mm vented disks

I tend to use the Mtec Brakes for mine, and highly recommend them

http://www.mtecbrakes.com/brake-disc...-01-05-05.html

Stu

Project Gruple http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213155
Fusilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2015, 17:55   #8
KRISTLEE

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusilier View Post
Yes you do need 325mm vented disks

I tend to use the Mtec Brakes for mine, and highly recommend them

http://www.mtecbrakes.com/brake-disc...-01-05-05.html

Stu
Cheers mate.

Lee.

Old 2nd August 2015, 19:04   #9
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Well done, a bit of time and you've halved your costs. .

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

To do: