Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th May 2014, 10:09   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Who to vote for?

As already said by me, I have never felt there was enough difference between the parties and they have never convinced me sufficiently for me to vote. The other, smaller parties seemed not to have much going for them, so would be a wasted vote.

This time around I feel things are going very, very badly and something urgently needs to be done. I'm very unhappy with the way my contributions over the years are being frittered away in providing NHS treatment to those who migrate here, similarly with housing stock, social services and all of the other things I/we paid for. Plus the hemorrhage of the national debt.

I'm sort of leaning towards the UKIP, but all that is holding me back is that they seem not too far removed from the BNP. I am not homophobic, but do feel we are far too generous and far too welcoming with our open door policies - there has to be a reason why so many are so desperate to get here, they will try to sneak in clinging precariously to lorry axles. There has to be a reason why so many legitimately make their way here, then go on TV bragging about how easy life is here, where we just throw money and houses at them.

I am also unhappy with the EU beurocrats inundating us with pointless laws and the wastage. One size does not fit all and we seem to be the only country taking much notice of them anyway. I do think the EU could work, but certainly not the way it is going now, they are costing too much and doing little of real value. It sort of worked, when we joined, but not now so much.

Anyway I received my postal vote this morning and I intend loosing my political virginity One for the council, one for the EU elections.

For the Council I have the following 'choices'..

1 LibDem
2 Lab
3 Green
4 Con

For the EU, a much longer list..

A Independence From EU
B BNP
C Con
D English Dem
E Green
F Lab
G LibDem
H NO2EU
I UKIP
J Yorkshire First

Which two to vote for and why, given my own stated opinion please?

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 10:29   #2
tareim
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT+ 160 v6

I'm in the same position as you here so would be interesting to see how this one goes
tareim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 10:33   #3
Mark2000cc
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTI

I would be interested to see how long this thread lasts! By the way, I'm Ukip all the way.
Old 9th May 2014, 10:38   #4
sikelsh
This is my second home

MGF

You have to separate the two things Harry.

Council, you should vote for an individual rather than party, yes they may take their lead from the top as it were, but they should look after local issues.

Europe, no-one you vote for here will help with in or out, your choice is to either protest, by voting for a party that doesn't even attend sittings, or vote for a party that attends the game as it where and hopefully represents the UK, until such time there is a referendum

UK Elections, this is the one to vote in for an IN or OUT which won't happen till next year.

Simon

Last edited by sikelsh; 9th May 2014 at 10:41..
sikelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 10:38   #5
tareim

MG ZT+ 160 v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark2000cc View Post
I would be interested to see how long this thread lasts! By the way, I'm Ukip all the way.
I can see it going longer than expected as I've seen a few political posts carry on for several pages recently (even though it's against forum rules)
tareim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 10:41   #6
neilbaker86
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

We can all tell you who we are voting for or 'our advice', but at the end of the day, this is a decision that only you can make.

It's a bit like asking other people whether you should marry your current partner. Only you can ultimately know what is the correct decision.

Local election issues vary so much I don't think anyone living outside your area could even advise you here. As they aren't likely to know what your local issues are.

Edit: Would like to add as has been mentioned, if you want us to leave the EU then you need to vote for a party which you feel will bring you a referendum on this issue at a general election. This will be next May.

Last edited by neilbaker86; 9th May 2014 at 10:45..
neilbaker86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 10:43   #7
Neil1

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

I have been a Tory for 35 years and only once have I changed my political vote and that was because my local MP had been fixing his expenses and I didn't think he deserved to be voted back in.
Many other people thought the same and he lost his seat.

However this time it's a difficult decision, my leaning ironically is to go for UKIP because I am 100% against being part of the Eurocrats of Brussels who make all our decisions and decide what we have to do.

We pay £55 million a day into the EU, why?
That money would be better offer helping the UK.

Three of the Political Parties don't really want to allow the general population to have their say on whether we stay or leave the EU by having a Vote.

It's strange because we supposed to be a democracy but at times I do wonder.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 10:46   #8
sikelsh
This is my second home

MGF

Just a scenario to consider for the EU votes.

You vote for a party and elect someone who doesn't attend sittings, thats fine along as next general election a party elected offers a referendum to the UK people.

If this referendum doesn't take place, you have elected someone who will take the money, turn up occasionally and moan for the next 5 years, but won't attend sittings, therefore when the next EU law is passed, we all moan because we had no UK representation.

Simon

Last edited by sikelsh; 9th May 2014 at 10:48..
sikelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 10:51   #9
Slokie
Avid contributor

MG ZT

I feel*the same as you Harry, my question would be:- If UKIP won the next general election, would they be able to hit the ground running with all bases covered well enough to run the country, true the established parties have experience running the country, but for their own ends, not for ours. That is why a change in political thinking is needed. Still don't know who to vote for
Slokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 10:56   #10
Neil1

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slokie View Post
I feel*the same as you Harry, my question would be:- If UKIP won the next general election, would they be able to hit the ground running with all bases covered well enough to run the country, true the established parties have experience running the country, but for their own ends, not for ours. That is why a change in political thinking is needed. Still don't know who to vote for
I think most of us do things as a 'wake up call' to the main parties because we are not happy with how things have been currently going.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote