Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th September 2012, 21:37   #41
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs6680 View Post
i did my 160 v6 earlier in the year and i have had no problems with it,i also think it is down to what condition your engine is in, it is not a fix it is a cleaner, it won`t clean the heads to brand new standed but it will clean most of the carbon off.as any body who has stripped any engine will know alot of deposits take more than a bit of any fluid to get off.but all in all i am very pleased with what they did it drives a whole lot better than it did and shes only got 106.000 on the clock.myself i think its because its new lets slate it,my emmisons were well below what it should have been (c.o.0.002)and my (hc 1)and she never miss a beat and she pulls very well for a big car,anyway its just my say.
Isn't RED-EX supposed to soften carbon to remove it while the engine is running???

That's been around for many years.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2012, 21:37   #42
cargocar
Gets stuck in

rover 75 tourer auto 2001

I would expect an engine to run better if the intake surface soot deposits were removed, than a smooth coating applied to aid breathing - clearing the exhaust of deposits would probably be more beneficial tho'.
cargocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2012, 21:51   #43
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Here's a couple of pics of the engine mention in my previous post.

One of the head and one of the pistons showing how much carbon was discovered on the strip down at 198,000 miles.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Peugeot head gasket 007.jpg (134.8 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg Peugeot head gasket 020.jpg (136.5 KB, 100 views)
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2016, 13:17   #44
Peterandhelen

2004 Rover 75 2.5 V6

Default terraclean

What is the cost of a Terraclean for a 75. cheers
Peterandhelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2016, 13:30   #45
KRISTLEE
I really should get out more.......

None at the moment.

I had a Terraclean done on my diesel ZTT last year, initially and for a few Months afterwards there were noticeable improvements as listed in the first post, however, nearly a year later things appear to feel the same as before I had it done. Maybe I have just got used to the way it now runs

I don't do a lot of miles and since it was done I estimate that the ZTT has done 3-4000 miles. There will be build ups of course so maybe having a Terraclean annually is the answer or a weekly dose of Redex is the way forward to ensure the effects

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
KRISTLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2016, 16:13   #46
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post

One other thing also worries me, the use of the phrase "reverse engineering" in their brochure.. There is no such thing..
Reverse engineering is the process of taking an object apart to see how it works and learn how it can be duplicated or enhanced.

You might not like the phrase, it may well have been introduced to engineering after you retired, but it's a ''thing''
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2016, 16:27   #47
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknwhite View Post
As someone that is rolling it out in Newcastle in the next 2Wks I asked about that. Edd China was NOT paid. He was given a free "clean" and was totally impressed by it, they gave him the machines FOC if he imparted his views. Which he's done, impartially. When you consider a bottle of STP costs £8-£10 for minimal or no cleaning 2 or 3 times a year, a Terraclean is a bargain. .
Hate to disagree, but his garage, ''Grease Junkies'' is a flagship Terraclean outlet. In addition he's attended multiple events promoting the product (for example Terraclean stand at the NEC in March of last year) and he's made several TV adverts for Terraclean.

Of course he is being paid - television celebrities don't do personal appearances and film ads then accept payment in kit.

That said, I believe him to be a man of integrity and I don't believe for one minute that he would make the claims he has if he didn't believe them to be true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NyaQjgnYls
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote