Notices

Old 18th November 2019, 20:34   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default Thank you CLF

Thank you CLF for the link to a site in Australia

I started a thread when DIY goes wrong, I ruined a part that I thought was NLA, no longer available. I had done some searches and drawn a blank.

CLF has without being asked, kindly did an internet search and traced the part I need to a web site.... in Australia.

I've sent them a message asking if it is in stock and how much with postage to the UK.

It is so kind of people to put themselves out for a stranger, thank you CLF I really appreciate it

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2019, 21:24   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Thank you CLF for the link to a site in Australia

I started a thread when DIY goes wrong, I ruined a part that I thought was NLA, no longer available. I had done some searches and drawn a blank.

CLF has without being asked, kindly did an internet search and traced the part I need to a web site.... in Australia.

I've sent them a message asking if it is in stock and how much with postage to the UK.

It is so kind of people to put themselves out for a stranger, thank you CLF I really appreciate it

macafee2
Really, no thanks are needed. It is what this club, and what I believe a community should (and could really) do for each other (the club does do this already when it can).

It may still not be available, and may be an old defunct site. I looked elsewhere but have not been able to find anything more. So please dont build your hopes up on this. THIS example is a very similar site, also in Australia but not listed - the same also with Russian and Polish sites).

When looking for parts, a tip would be to initially google the part number - Chrome makes this easy, as it allows you to select text, and 'search google' when you right click on the highlighted text (it saves having to copy and paste into Google).

Funnily enough I was 'shopping' in New Zealand last night. My father, like me a chocoholic, mentioned earlier in the year he used to love Cadbury's Dipped Flakes. These are no longer available in the UK, however, they are in AUS and NZ, called Flake Luxury. But shipping was ridiculous, £20 up to 1kg. I started adding other 'unusual things' to my basket to justify and before long I was near to £100 for 20 bars of chocolate????!!!!! But I didnt give up, which is the second point of this story. Reading in the 'who are we' of the site, there was a link to bulk orders. I ordered a box, which was less than the 20 I had started to order, and add the shipping, it worked out just over half the price. It is still £52 for 24 bars of 80p chocolates!!! Still, he will appreciate both the effort and the thought that I remembered.

When looking for a part, or anything that you find difficult or expensive, dont give up, think outside the box, and remember, the world is a small place now.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2019, 22:17   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Really, no thanks are needed. It is what this club, and what I believe a community should (and could really) do for each other (the club does do this already when it can).

It may still not be available, and may be an old defunct site. I looked elsewhere but have not been able to find anything more. So please dont build your hopes up on this. THIS example is a very similar site, also in Australia but not listed - the same also with Russian and Polish sites).

When looking for parts, a tip would be to initially google the part number - Chrome makes this easy, as it allows you to select text, and 'search google' when you right click on the highlighted text (it saves having to copy and paste into Google).

Funnily enough I was 'shopping' in New Zealand last night. My father, like me a chocoholic, mentioned earlier in the year he used to love Cadbury's Dipped Flakes. These are no longer available in the UK, however, they are in AUS and NZ, called Flake Luxury. But shipping was ridiculous, £20 up to 1kg. I started adding other 'unusual things' to my basket to justify and before long I was near to £100 for 20 bars of chocolate????!!!!! But I didnt give up, which is the second point of this story. Reading in the 'who are we' of the site, there was a link to bulk orders. I ordered a box, which was less than the 20 I had started to order, and add the shipping, it worked out just over half the price. It is still £52 for 24 bars of 80p chocolates!!! Still, he will appreciate both the effort and the thought that I remembered.

When looking for a part, or anything that you find difficult or expensive, dont give up, think outside the box, and remember, the world is a small place now.
sorry CLF I have to disagree, I think a thanks is required and if not required, deserved

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote