Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I'm an odd ball and sad... don't hold back

macafee2
Oh god yes !! - so am I!!

But I certainly have found the caravan Forums in particular seem to select for the “truly up themselves” types. Best to walk away.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2019, 11:27   #22
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd Job View Post
I feel for you, it's very annoying when you haven't done anything wrong and you get picked on. Because that is exactly what they've done.
I own a classic Mini,
I was a member of a well known classic Mini club, and I asked a couple of questions ref how to fit and if anyone had any problems with a competition engine mount which fits from the thermostat to the bulk head.
Any way, cut a long story short, I didn't get any advice, ( there is a problem with cheaply made Chinese versions of the unit, something we on here get trouble with on aftermarket parts )
- all I got was put-downs from one person about why he wouldn't fit the product full stop.

So, me being me, I stuck up for myself. I wasn't abusive, I didn't use any naughty words, I just voiced. " Many thanks for your opinion, but I think you will find the question was, has anyone else had issues and how did you get around the problems, Not, I'm thinking of fitting this, what do you think?

So, apparently, that was a terrible thing to say to someone who was the self proclaimed font of all knowledge and I got banned!
Odd people are taking over!!
Old 18th November 2019, 12:10   #23
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Could it possibly be as a result of trying to weed out 'objective' comment to preserve an acquiescent ambiance? You know, the atmosphere that produces a gradual slide into obscurity.

I've lost count of the times I've been helped by alternative, or conflicting, views!
Old 18th November 2019, 15:01   #24
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Could it possibly be as a result of trying to weed out 'objective' comment to preserve an acquiescent ambiance? You know, the atmosphere that produces a gradual slide into obscurity.

I've lost count of the times I've been helped by alternative, or conflicting, views!
In the PC world some would have us live in - there is but one version of being “right” - and if you dare to have a differing view - watch out!!
Old 18th November 2019, 15:48   #25
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Hi Ian - in my experience Caravan Forums are infested with oddballs whose aim in life is to be offended. We caravanned for many years and loved it. But by heck some that we met were a rum lot and those that frequent the caravan forums are even odder.

I made the mistake once of saying I liked caravanning because we have dogs and they enjoy it too. The vitriol and spite that then erupted against dogs was amazing.

Later - after I posted that we had placed our caravan on a seasonal pitch (my MiL was ill and we cared for her so doing this suited our needs) - some “caravaners” on the forum were really quite nasty in their comments because from their limited viewpoint - as I no longer toured - I wasn’t “one of them”.

I quite forcibly agreed and told them to get a life - and guess what! - I received a message from a mod remarkably similar to the one you received Ian.

Some caravanners are a truly sad bunch....

We have been caravanning for just over fifty years. For as long as we have had the kids we have had a border collie. You are so correct there are so many people who just hate dogs.
On one site we visited in South Wales they were fantastic insisting we took Clyde up to the pool with us and not leave him in the car or van. They insisted that he come to the pub where dogs were not allowed at night Clyde just slept under the table in the pub and lay beside my sun lounger at the pool.
But some caravaners just hate dogs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2019, 19:51   #26
Discofan
Loves to post

(Land)Rover Freelander 2

Im probably a bit odd
I like caravans.
I like dogs but dont have one.
I dont like caravanners who allow their yappy dogs to disturb everyone elses peace and quiet on a caravan site.
Ive met some lovely people on caravan sites and some total kn@bs.
And so far ive never been banned from or warned by any forums........
Discofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2019, 07:19   #27
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discofan View Post
Im probably a bit odd
I like caravans.
I like dogs but dont have one.
I dont like caravanners who allow their yappy dogs to disturb everyone elses peace and quiet on a caravan site.
Ive met some lovely people on caravan sites and some total kn@bs.
And so far ive never been banned from or warned by any forums........
With a disgustingly normal attitude to life like that - all I can say is that it is only a matter of time ........