Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th October 2019, 12:48   #51
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

She is a crank, and if nobody else want to say it, I don't mind doing it.
Female and young, everybody makes excuses for her behaviour, but nobody in their right mind would let her drive the bus!
Then why let her set the agenda for international politics?
People have gone bunkers.
Old 5th October 2019, 13:56   #52
wraymond
occidit omnmes emojis

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
She is a crank, and if nobody else want to say it, I don't mind doing it.
Female and young, everybody makes excuses for her behaviour, but nobody in their right mind would let her drive the bus!
Then why let her set the agenda for international politics?
People have gone bunkers.

1.She is a crank, and if nobody else want to say it, I don't mind doing it.

2.Female and young, everybody makes excuses for her behaviour, but nobody in their right mind would let her drive the bus!

3.Then why let her set the agenda for international politics?

To: xx(according to your profile).

1. Unless you are a doctor and have examined her, and have knowledge and experience of autism, that’s a remarkably strong position to take!

2. A generally accepted opinion (from before her association with one.org) from reputable sources suggests she is autistic and not everybody is making excuses for her. In fact I don’t think anyone would say her condition is an ‘excuse’. I expect she would be denied any kind of driving licence.

3. She isn’t. Her involvement (presumably innocent) association with one.org is entirely re-setting the agenda (their words and stated aims) and paying vast fortunes to do it. She is being used, even if her loving parents do agree with that.
It has nothing to do with politics (small p) and everything to do with commercial gain from altered commercial objectives.
Old 5th October 2019, 17:26   #53
Darcydog
This is my second home

MG ZT-T

Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,636 Posts

With the wheels coming off the “science” - such that Government and individuals refer to the advocates as the “Green Taliban” those advocates are forced to apply pressure not by the corrupt science that got them this far - because that gravy train is well and truly derailed.

Of course - anyone who dares to question the “belief” is still labelled a “Denier” which simply underlines the fact that this isn’t science at all. Science is all about questioning the existing knowledge and adding to it.

So the bandwagon needed a focus point that was untouchable because despite all the protestations that “the science was settled” - those with any knowledge of science knew that science was never settled and the concept of a non-sceptical scientist is an oxymoron.

So the climate change religion chose to make a messiah out of a 16 year hold girl with special needs.

And having a family member with Aspergers - I know that those with this condition can be very focused, single minded and angry when they perceive that something is not going the way they want it to.

I am deeply saddened by what I see as the cynical use and abuse of this young person.
Old 5th October 2019, 18:12   #54
kaiser
This is my second home

Old 6th October 2019, 09:16   #55
mileshawk56
Gets stuck in

MGZT

Alright maybe she is not a crank? just a pain in the arsk. and exploited and whatever and as previous. Reasoned argument and debate does not work, it was tried with a couple of 19th20th century men and millions died. Chris S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2019, 16:52   #56
wraymond
occidit omnmes emojis

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Only slightly off-topic but relevant to the underlying cause.

Just received my EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) now necessary if you want to sell your house (found a death-nest that suits). The cost of doing the work to achieve maximum efficiency to satisfy recommended targets would be £30,000. The energy saved by doing this would be £899 over three years. So it would take 33 years to break even. Where do I sign?
Old 7th October 2019, 16:58   #57
kaiser
This is my second home

Just reward for letting the inmates run the asylum.
I don't think a lot of people realize what you are in for!

You will get skinned alive.
Old 8th October 2019, 09:28   #58
Darcydog
This is my second home

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Only slightly off-topic but relevant to the underlying cause.

Just received my EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) now necessary if you want to sell your house (found a death-nest that suits). The cost of doing the work to achieve maximum efficiency to satisfy recommended targets would be £30,000. The energy saved by doing this would be £899 over three years. So it would take 33 years to break even. Where do I sign?
We had to have a before and after EPC assessment when we fitted our Solar Panels about 5 years ago. They insisted that to get the FIT - we had to have the roof space insulated. And whilst I had no objection as it was free - I did say that as we were also having extensive work done to the plumbing - could we wait a couple of months so the pipe work could be done, the walkways protected and the new insulation then fitted neatly around all the existing and the new.

No - was the answer so they came - fitted the insulation - gave us a certificate that enabled us to claim a VERY generous Feed In Tariff - and then we rolled it all up, put it to one side, did the new pipe work and rolled all the insulation back again

Hell of a palaver - but last month I got two months FIT (July and August) at once as we didn’t submit the July Data as we were away and they paid us £75!! - so two months FIT not only wiped out all of August’s Phone, Internet, Gas and Electric costs - but put £75 INTO my bank account.

If this is Global Warming then let’s have more!
Old 8th October 2019, 09:32   #59
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Has the Feed in Tariff been discontinued since (I assume existing members of the scheme still receive it). I was kind of interested when it did exist. Since then I have been bombarded with facebook adverts extolling the virtue of solar panels now the tariff has ended. Not sure where to go now as I think the adverts contain a lot of "hot air"
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2019, 09:44   #60
Darcydog
This is my second home

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Greg View Post
Has the Feed in Tariff been discontinued since (I assume existing members of the scheme still receive it). I was kind of interested when it did exist. Since then I have been bombarded with facebook adverts extolling the virtue of solar panels now the tariff has ended. Not sure where to go now as I think the adverts contain a lot of "hot air"
I know we are guaranteed the FIT we secured back in 2014 for 20 years from that date. But I believe it has stopped now for new customers from June 2019.

I also think a new scheme called SEG Payments has been introduced. But I know nothing about this.