Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 1st January 2016, 23:48   #131
scoubix
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5L V6 auto Connoisseur, "Dealer Launch" LHD / MG ZT-T 260 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Jeff I run Windows XP using VM software on the MacBook Pro. In theory it should be possible.
One of my two T4 setups is actually a Windows XP VM running with VMWare Fusion under Mac OS X on my Macbook Pro. I do have some unfortunate DLL crashes however when going into some specific tests (namely testing my 3-speed fan) which I do not get when I'm running the test on my old Dell laptop (identical RDS software and diag disc is used in both situations).
But I will try to resetup that VM again as I think I know what's wrong with it...
Old 2nd January 2016, 00:50   #132
pscan.eu
Regular poster

Peugeot 604/Jag X350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
Paul who developed the P-Scan, you can register two vehicles and then if you sell one and want to register another, then you have to contact Paul to have one removed and another added, easy peasy.
I don't want to butt in on this thread too much. People did it to me when I was trying to publicise my product and I didn't think it was nice so I won't. However I need to point out that this is completely incorrect. There is no restriction on the number of cars you can diagnose with pscan.eu. The correct information is here http://www.pscan.eu/install/

Also my name is not Paul but that isn't important

I was tempted to VIN restrict pscan.eu but it supports some much older vehicles and ECUs which do not have a VIN number in them, so that would not have worked.

If you buy a pscan.eu you can use it on as many vehicles as you like. I have some customers who are professional mechanics, as it compliments some multibrand pro tools which will not touch Rovers at all. Obviously they would not be able to live with such a restriction with the numbers of cars they see.

Philip
Old 2nd January 2016, 05:40   #133
steveo
I really should get out more.......

None

Default Rectified

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoubix View Post
Actually, for the pscan.eu tool, it's not restricted to any number of vehicles, it's however limited for use on two different computers, it's another licensing scheme that prevents from passing the hardware between different people. I like this approach as it allows any group or club to conduct diagnostics on several cars through one operator.
Hi
The mistake in the wording was pointed out in a following post

The wrong word appears to me to be vehicles when it should imo say computers

It's an easy mistake to make and easily corrected

Hope that's ok ken?

Regards
Steve
Old 2nd January 2016, 06:38   #134
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscan.eu View Post
I don't want to butt in on this thread too much. People did it to me when I was trying to publicise my product and I didn't think it was nice so I won't. However I need to point out that this is completely incorrect. There is no restriction on the number of cars you can diagnose with pscan.eu. The correct information is here http://www.pscan.eu/install/

Also my name is not Phillip but that isn't important

I was tempted to VIN restrict pscan.eu but it supports some much older vehicles and ECUs which do not have a VIN number in them, so that would not have worked.

If you buy a pscan.eu you can use it on as many vehicles as you like. I have some customers who are professional mechanics, as it compliments some multibrand pro tools which will not touch Rovers at all. Obviously they would not be able to live with such a restriction with the numbers of cars they see.

Philip
I got it wrong Phillip, I apologise for the mistake.
Let`s put it down to an age thing..... not having read the instructions for many months Etc.
Ken.

Last edited by Kennyeth; 2nd January 2016 at 06:47..
Old 3rd January 2016, 01:30   #135
daznkel
Posted a thing or two

04 MG ZT+ 190 XPG & 99 (T) Dealer Launch 75 V6 Connie Auto

I consider, each and every one of us owners/enthusiasts, in quite an unprecedented position at the moment!

Due to the resolve & time consuming, painstaking work of a number of members, regardless of geographic location, regard/respect within the club, we are now nearing a situation where each and every member, can choose their own solution to the challenge of communicating with their own vehicle, for whatever purpose.

I remember when I joined the owners club, that there was discussions such as "What do we do when there are no T4's" etc, etc. All was doom and gloom.

From that, due to the personal endeavor of a few members, we are given a "life line". Surely, whatever YOU choose YOUR solution to be, we are all better off with a choice of three apparent solutions, as it stands.

Upgrades/Mods so far:
Custom Angel Eye DRL's, MG7 Rear lights, Custom Door Cards, MGR Plates, Red Alcantara Seats, Black Oak Dash, Powerflex bushes, Plenum Spy Mod, Rear Light Seals, 5000K HID Kit, Navall 3 DD, Blue LED Conversion, Custom badges, Union badges, Flip key. Working on more!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by daznkel; 3rd January 2016 at 01:44..
Old 3rd January 2016, 07:12   #136
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil-T4 View Post
Why ask Brian Mark? - He has had nothing to do with the development apart from pirating my software and passing the beta version around as his own work!
Now Phil we both know that isn't quite true don't we, and we also know the real reason behind this post

The OP of this thread, Pete has been desperate to own a T4, be it a real one or indeed a virtual one.

Why is this? it is simply for one thing and one thing only, to allow him to code virgin IPK units to a customers car.

Over a year ago, I was given by you the beta version of VT4 in order that any shortcomings could be identified and addressed in future releases, with you confident in the knowledge if there were any disasters, I would be able to retrieve any "crashes" that occurred.

These shortcomings hopefully have been addressed in your later revisions......

Now I have never claimed this to be of my own creation, and have always given you credit, as I have done in the past with any previous software you have supplied me with, often singing your praises very highly.

So why the need to come out with your above statement? is it because I have passed on your creation to somebody else without asking you first perhaps, or specifically because I gave Klarzy the one thing he truly wants a T4 to do?

Well I believe the answer to this is as follows, you simply do not wish that Klarzy has the wherewithal to code IPK units......period, and further to that you have stated to me in the past you do not believe him to be capable of operating a T4, and said he would never be the recipient of VT4.

So here we have a thread started by Klarzy, to whom you have sold a VIN locked variant of VT4.

Here he is extolling the virtues of your software, when I know you don't want him to have a version that would perhaps prejudice your own trade....

Now we have to ask another question, bearing in mind since about three days after you gave me a copy of VT4, I have had the ability to produce an unlimited number of VT4, either locked to VIN or indeed with an unlimited license and pass them off as my own for my own personal gain, so why have I not done this?

The answer is quite simple, although the original variant of VT4 is quite badly flawed in terms of full functionality and stability, I respect the amount of work that was done from your part to get the "proof of coding concept" to this stage.

Now this is directed at Pete, if you want, you can have the VT4 lead I built for myself so you can achieve your goal.

You already have a completely unlocked unlimited licence version of the beta VT4 server programme, and it is stable enough to allow you to introduce IPK to your customers cars.

Happy New Year everyone

Brian
Old 3rd January 2016, 08:01   #137
steveo

None

Default Intellectual property

Good morning Brian

Happy new year to you!

Would this giving away of someone else's intellectual property that has taken many man hours to perfect not constitute piracy

Regards
Steve
Old 3rd January 2016, 08:10   #138
steveo

None

Default Rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Possibly, possibly not Steve, but I do know that the harvesting and selling for personal gain is

It would probably be best to ask David Mitchell about that though, you could let him know that a lot of people are going to be interested in buying pirated T4 discs while you're on

Brian
Brian

Yawn !!

Please don't get bitter, its a new year and a new start

Maybe it would be a good idea to speak to Phil in private to resolve your difference of opinion so as not to hijack the thread yet further (sorry Peter)

Regards
Steve

Last edited by steveo; 3rd January 2016 at 08:37..
Old 3rd January 2016, 08:17   #139
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
Good morning Brian

Happy new year to you!

Would this giving away of someone else's intellectual property that has taken many man hours to perfect not constitute piracy

Regards
Steve
Possibly, possibly not Steve, but I do know that the harvesting and selling for personal gain is

As I have deleted the original version of VT4 from my computer, and have no intentions of replacing it, I have gifted what was given to me by Phil, to a third party.

So hardly a viable comparison to.....let's say your collusion in the proliferation of the 160 upgrade

It would probably be best to ask your friend David Mitchell about that though, you could let him know that a lot of people are going to be interested in buying pirated T4 discs from an eBay account while you're on

Happy new year to you too

Brian

Last edited by sworks; 3rd January 2016 at 15:46.. Reason: eBay seller name removed
Old 3rd January 2016, 08:19   #140
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
Brian
Please don't get bitter, its a new year and a new start

Maybe it would be a good idea to speak to Phil in private to resolve your difference of opinion so as not to hijack the thread yet further (sorry Peter)

Regards
Steve
Well take heed of that advice, both yourself, and your oafish sidekick.

Brian
Closed Thread