Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th March 2019, 09:37   #1
Halcyon
Regular poster

Rover 75 CDT

Default wiper fault

Hi, Folks - can anyone help me with some advice?

I have a 2001 75 diesel SE Connoisseur. My windscreen wipers, when set to "intermittent wipe" (they're activated by the rain-sensor on the windscreen) fail er, intermittently after an hour or so's use. If I leave them alone for five minutes they work again, but then fail again after a few minutes. The wiper motor was replaced (with a second-hand one) a month ago after the fault first manifested itself - the garage couldn't trace it, but when the AA man came to render roadside assistance he had found the old wiper motor to be very hot, so it was assumed that that was the cause. Now the fault has returned.

If I leave the wipers on "on" and don't use "intermittent" they appear to work fine, though I haven't used them on a really long run yet.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Does anyone know of a cure?

All advice will be gratefully received! (I live in Argyll, where a car without reliable wipers is about as much use as a trapdoor in a submarine.)

Cheers
Steve
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2022, 14:22   #2
Ken Lion
Gets stuck in

R75 2.0 CDT Club SE Tourer

Bit late to reply to this but I have exactly the same problem and wonder if anyone can suggest the likely cause.

Wipers work fine most of the time (on automatic with rain sensor screen) but if it's constant rain for 30-40 mins on a longer journey then they decide to stop (on every setting) - usually at a bad time on the motorway or a country lane when it's difficult to pull in - especially when you can't see where you're going

I'd assumed it's a problem with the main wiper motor since the rear wipers do respond to a manual tweak of the stalk while the fronts are dead.
But the op above mentioned having swapped the motor and still getting the problem

Left for a few minutes they will start again.
Ken Lion is offline   Reply With Quote