Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th June 2023, 08:07   #1
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

Default Reversing camera problem

Iam trying to fit a reversing camera, but having problems.
I should add that I am a retired electronics engineer but this has me stumped!
I have the full circuit diagrams for the highline/tv/navigation. and those supplied with the aftermarket (ebay) camera kits. The car was fitted with one when I bought it (non-working). I have checked all the wiring, including the necessary change from (+) feed (reverse gear) to (-) feed into the tv box to give the switch-on of the monitor. All is now ok, though the video cable from the camera to the tv box was o/c and had to be renewed (from the new camera I purchased). I had purchased the new camera in case it was needed, there is indeed no pic when the old one is connected. However the new camera when connected does show a picture, identifiable as the view of my garage doors, so the wiring is basically correct. However the on screen pic was rolling; is this something that can be corrected? Maybe the new camera is not compatible - suggestions please. (As it happens, with the temporary connections I made with the camera wiring, I have actually blown the new one up, even the leds do not light up and it does smell burnt! Only cost me a fiver though). Would be good to know if I have to selective with buying another one.
StewartIngram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2023, 11:29   #2
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

I've recently retro fitted one to my Hi-line SE - it was more than a pain for what was supposed to be a simple job - but then that was probably down to me being useless! If you have the TV module bolted in the boot spare wheel well there is a good how-to I can point you toward that also uses a proprietary relay - it [now] seems to work fine for what was about £25 (plus a lot of hair pulling and many naughty, very naughty words).
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2023, 12:03   #3
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

I have fitted a relay in the supply to the rev lights. When R is selected, the tv screen goes blank (it didn't before the relay was fitted). With the new camera, the blank screen shows the picture from the camera - my garage doors - but the picture is rolling too fast to be usable.
The relay is used to feed a (-) signal via the audio/control box in the boot, to switch the screen to camera mode. So I am certain the wiring for the switching is correct.
With the old camera there is only the blank screen. I can't recall the details but I briefly remember when I looked at it a year ago, I manged to get a good camera picture for a few seconds at least. However, when I put it all together again at that time I had lost the picture, and gave up.
I assume the old camera is u/s. I have renewed the video cable (which also carries supplies) with the one from the new camera, with temporary connections initially. This produced the rolling pic. with only the new camera, nothing with the old. At all stages I have used my multimeter to check voltages, earths (-), and continuity of wiring. After testing, I finally installed proper connections, but at that stage I accidentally destroyed the camera with a s/c. I have since repeated the multimeter tests as ok.
As the 2 cameras are different, I suspect the new one is not compatible. I shall look for a similar one to the old one, but advice on the type to buy would be a help.
StewartIngram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2023, 07:51   #4
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Probably way above my pay grade on this one but my experience of a rolling picture was simply down to the wrong format camera (pal/ntsc)

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2023, 17:58   #5
Geoff130
Loves to post

MG ZT 190, Rover 75 CDTi, Honda VFR 750, Honda CB550F

Just what I was thinking, wrong PAL/NTSC setting. It can be adjusted using Navcoder to alter the tuner setting. For a retired electronics engineer and Rover owner it's an interesting tool to have. Alternatively buy the opposite type to the one that was rolling.
Geoff130 is offline   Reply With Quote