Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th June 2009, 10:35   #1
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts
Question Slow push up of door lock button bar

Slow push up of door lock button bar! I hope that makes sense.

I think I mentioned this before..... the wifes 75 rear drivers side door has a slow push-up of the door lock button bar and is also effecting the drivers door one as well.

Press un-lock on the keyfob once for drivers door and most of the time the drivers door will un-lock but sometimes you need to press a second time to get the drivers door lock knob bar fully up as sometimes it just peaks its head up to say hello but not fully, must be shy or something.

The rear drivers one is the worst, you mostly need to press a third time to get that knob up as it just seems to have a wiggle on the second press of the button and just sits showing its top, does the same when using the key in the door as well. Other doors are fine, all bars go down fine (lock)

Does it sound electrical (relays or something) or just a lazy mechanism.

I have gave a few quirts of the oil spray but still have the problem.

Any help much appreciated. :lol:
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009, 10:43   #2
StevenWilliams
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6 British Racing Green. 81,000 miles and counting

have you checked inside the door card to see if it is fully inserted and clipped into the lock mechanism.

if someone has been playing it may not be connected properly. It's just a push in and clip type connection. Perhaps this is not security fitted.

Looking for: 7 seater
StevenWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009, 11:23   #3
Dallas
This is my second home

Yeah! hi Steve..... I did take the door card off on the rear door to have a look and all seems to look normal and all parts move but the bar is slow. What gets me is these 75's have quite a vicious bite when locking, the lock knob bars do go down very quick and with some force I think. But the two in-question have the opposite effect on un-locking (going up) just don't get it!
Old 25th June 2009, 12:07   #4
Departed
Retired

--

My 00 plater had the same on the rear drivers side door. It was the lock mech. I stripped it (one way process I'm afraid, but it was scrap) after replacement to find out why. It seemed to be down to excess grease having got into the motor.

A replacement off ebay soon fixed it.

I think I may have a pair of drivers side ones going spare, but can't guarantee the condition.
Departed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009, 12:20   #5
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowedb View Post
My 00 plater had the same on the rear drivers side door. It was the lock mech. I stripped it (one way process I'm afraid, but it was scrap) after replacement to find out why. It seemed to be down to excess grease having got into the motor.

A replacement off ebay soon fixed it.

I think I may have a pair of drivers side ones going spare, but can't guarantee the condition.

I did think this might be the case. I was going to wait until they both got worst before I was going to replace them, just incase other issues (faults) arise needing money spent.

You say you have both front and back drivers side ones, how much are you asking for them buddy?
Old 5th July 2009, 08:12   #6
Departed
Retired

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
I did think this might be the case. I was going to wait until they both got worst before I was going to replace them, just incase other issues (faults) arise needing money spent.

You say you have both front and back drivers side ones, how much are you asking for them buddy?
Hi.

I've finally found them. Sorry it took so long (you do not want to see my garage!).

Are you still after a set? Bear in mind I don't have history for them, both bought from ebay as working but I've not checked them.
Old 17th July 2009, 18:04   #7
Dallas
This is my second home

Thanks Duncan

Received items this morning and now I need to fit them, but not in any hurry as it looks complicated. Hope they are good units, any advice on fitting (is there an easy way)

Donation to the club... :lol:

Thanks again!
Old 17th July 2009, 18:11   #8
Departed
Retired

--

The rears are fairly straightforward, but slightly fiddly. I think fifteen twenty minutes tops. The drivers is probably a bit harder, but I've not done it. I think pulling the exterior handle outwards made it easier to connect the linkage on the rear.

The rear one was sold to me as good. The drivers was sold as part of a set, and the rear from the set is on may car working fine, supposedly (and I have no reason to disbelieve) from a car the fire service cut up as an exrecise, then stripped for bits.
Old 17th July 2009, 18:47   #9
firefrost
Avid contributor

rover 75 cdti 54 auto

If the locks are similar to my old 827 then you can check them before fitting to the door.
With the door card off ,unplug the one in the door and connect the other. You can then watch it work or not off the car.
firefrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 19:22   #10
Dallas
This is my second home

Thanks Guys!