Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th June 2017, 15:16   #11
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie View Post
I notified mine i was remapping from 116 to 131 and they said they weren't interested as long as it hadnt been mechanically modified to get more power
Did you not have the 160 remap then Annie,in my humble opinion its the only one to have

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 15:26   #12
Annie
Avid contributor

2002 CDT Auto Con SE Saloon

I was going for the 160 but what i really wanted was a t4 session to sort out some niggles so went to the nearest member with a t4 machine. all the niggles and an annoying vibration have gone and i got more power aswell for very little money so very happy, but i will get the 160 done over the next month or so when i can arrange time to get to a member who can do the 160 map
Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 19:08   #13
Nobby
Aged to perfection!

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray L View Post
Many thanks for the various replies.
Question. I know I am a pensioner but I have 12 years NCD so, what am I to deduce from Peter Best and Adrian Flux? What have some of you other guys got that I have'nt?
To be fair there are many variables other than age or NCB that can affect the insurance quote e.g. your post code crime risk, whether available off-road parking or garaged, if you choose limited annual mileage/use, whether your a named driver on another policy or have another driver named on yours, if you have access to another vehicle, 3rd party,fire and theft or fully comp etc,etc. In fact 3rd party,fire and theft can often be cheaper and bearing in mind that fully comp doesn't actually get your car repaired after a bump these days - they just write the car off and give you some bus fare. At least with 3rd party the car is your responsibility to repair or scrap not theirs. Unfortunately, insurance is a bit of a con so best you can do is keep searching for a cheap deal and check the small print for what is actually covered - something the comparison sites don't give you. Alternatively try an insurance broker they can often get a good deal over comparison sites

Sometimes I talk to myself, Then we both LAUGH!

Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 19:29   #14
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray L View Post
I have a Connie 131 diesel auto and have been considering a 160 re-map.

here is my dilemma.

I have received my renewal insurance details from Tesco which is £337 and includes motor legal protection, NCD protection and a small courtesy car etc. But they will NOT offer re-map insurance.

The ONLY viable insurer by a mile who WOULD are Liverpool Vic. They would provide approx. similar general cover at a cost of £418 or £458 with a re-map.

Problem is, after the cost of the re-map I would have the extra cost of initally £121 and presumably every year thereafter, but I would also be bound into LV at each renewal and we all know that insurers can milk you after the initial year. As I said other re-map insurers quoted over £600+ p.a.

My heart wants to re-map but my pensioner's head says steady on "Is it worth it"?
DO NOT waste your money the 131bhp is fine plenty of go and torque. Insurances of all kind are a complete rip-off and the public is being held to ransom basically a form of legalised robbery.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 19:51   #15
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
3rd party,fire and theft or fully comp etc,etc. In fact 3rd party,fire and theft can often be cheaper and bearing in mind that fully comp doesn't actually get your car repaired after a bump these days - they just write the car off and give you some bus fare. At least with 3rd party the car is your responsibility to repair or scrap not theirs.
Always best to get a quote for each type, because sometimes FC can be cheaper that TPFT cover. The reasoning is that some people buying FC might value their vehicle a bit more, rather than someone taking out the basic TPFT cover.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 20:29   #16
Nobby
Aged to perfection!

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
The reasoning is that some people buying FC might value their vehicle a bit more, rather than someone taking out the basic TPFT cover.
Sorry - just don't get that.
No matter how much you value your car - even a minor bump with say a bumper and front wing or bonnet damage could see the car written off because of the ratio cost of parts, labour etc to the resale value of the car which realistically for most is anywhere between £500 and £1500. Labour alone wipes the cost of repair over the limit. So surely if you value your car the way to go would be for an agreed value policy which will cost a bit more otherwise as I said its worth shopping around for a standard policy at the cheapest cost which might include TPFT

Sometimes I talk to myself, Then we both LAUGH!

Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 22:22   #17
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

It's true! TPFT may be very very close to the same price as fully comp, it's a fact. They believe people who only insure TPFT may not drive as carefully.

Yes, it would get written off just the same. You may not be able to get agreed value on your car, couldn't on mine as it's too young for classic cover. Most classic policies start at 15 years old, Mine is too young.

The 75 with a 160 is a totally different car.

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s

Last edited by Mike Trident; 15th June 2017 at 22:28..
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 07:24   #18
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
Sorry - just don't get that.
No matter how much you value your car - even a minor bump with say a bumper and front wing or bonnet damage could see the car written off because of the ratio cost of parts, labour etc to the resale value of the car which realistically for most is anywhere between £500 and £1500. Labour alone wipes the cost of repair over the limit. So surely if you value your car the way to go would be for an agreed value policy which will cost a bit more otherwise as I said its worth shopping around for a standard policy at the cheapest cost which might include TPFT
Whilst I agree it seems counter-intuitive, that is my experience when seeking quotes. I always ask them to check both the TPFT and FC costs and go for the cheaper of the two.

Throughout my driving career, I have always done that - TPFT is quite acceptable to my needs, I have never had a claim and don't mind taking the small risk. Replacing my car from scratch I could afford, especially considering the insurance costs I have saved over the years.

My biggest concern is the becoming more common 'hit and run' drivers, which I have mitigated by fitting front and rear cameras.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 16th June 2017 at 07:26..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 07:37   #19
Mintee
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Always best to get a quote for each type, because sometimes FC can be cheaper that TPFT cover. The reasoning is that some people buying FC might value their vehicle a bit more, rather than someone taking out the basic TPFT cover.
Comprehensive has been markedly cheaper than TPF&T for me for at least 5 years. I think the latter was £60 (or nearly 50%!) more than the £140 I paid for fully comp last autumn.
Mintee is offline   Reply With Quote