Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th March 2020, 13:14   #21
postbasher
Avid contributor

Rover Connoisseur cdt se auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Hi Dave. Hope you and Karen are both ok.Further to my other post above, we have been asking my son a few questions about our Granddaughter who has just returned from Vietnam after a bit of a world tour after finishing at uni. After touring Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam, she was advised by her father to get back home NOW because borders were being shut, and she would have to stay where she was, she managed to get the next flight back ( prices were going up there) and she landed at Heathrow on Tuesday. Now, she has come back with a cough, and the question is:- was there any testing at Heathrow..............the answer is NO. nothing at all, not even questioned. Absolutely disgusting.She has had the cough for two/three weeks now, probably because of the dry weather over there?? But who knows. She is as I said, self isolating for 14 days now. And that is another thing, originally it was 28 days isolation, so what’s going on? I don’t think those who keep telling us this load of #£@& know what they are doing...........or do they. Anyway, I will still be going out and carrying on the same as usual. I don’t use public transport so that’s an advantage. The point is, where do we go from here? They seem to think that if everyone stays in it will go away. I hope they have told the virus to go away also. Mind you, it is showing us who the idiots are we have as neighbours. Ramble over. Now back to sleep for a couple of months.

haha tell us more about those neighbours!...oh and i think the real reason we are all being told to stay indoors is that they just want to surprise us!...when we come back out all the pot holes will be filled!
oh and the environment will be filled with 5g masts
postbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2020, 13:16   #22
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Hi Dave. Hope you and Karen are both ok.Further to my other post above, we have been asking my son a few questions about our Granddaughter who has just returned from Vietnam after a bit of a world tour after finishing at uni. After touring Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam, she was advised by her father to get back home NOW because borders were being shut, and she would have to stay where she was, she managed to get the next flight back ( prices were going up there) and she landed at Heathrow on Tuesday. Now, she has come back with a cough, and the question is:- was there any testing at Heathrow..............the answer is NO. nothing at all, not even questioned. Absolutely disgusting.She has had the cough for two/three weeks now, probably because of the dry weather over there?? But who knows. She is as I said, self isolating for 14 days now. And that is another thing, originally it was 28 days isolation, so what’s going on? I don’t think those who keep telling us this load of #£@& know what they are doing...........or do they. Anyway, I will still be going out and carrying on the same as usual. I don’t use public transport so that’s an advantage. The point is, where do we go from here? They seem to think that if everyone stays in it will go away. I hope they have told the virus to go away also. Mind you, it is showing us who the idiots are we have as neighbours. Ramble over. Now back to sleep for a couple of months.

We are both well thanks Dave and hope you all are too.
My generation have a lot to answer for, we've produced morons that in turn have also produced more morons, this morning for instance, the queue in Asda for fuel was ridiculous, where do these morons think they are going when we are being told to stay at home, I saw elderly people aimlessly walking the aisles looking for things to buy, but the shelves are empty thanks to the walking dead.
The stupidity of people is beyond belief, there must be a sign in space telling aliens not to come here,unless you want to see stupid.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2020, 14:11   #23
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena wild View Post
During your dear mother's time wasn't there plenty to be scared about?

1. Spanish 'flu with no treatment/ knowledge of prevention..
2. WW1 & WW2.
3. The nuclear Mutual Assured Destruction scenario.
4. Ozone layer depletion and Climate Change.
5. Asbestos, lead in paint, lead in fuel, smog, no health and safety, no antibiotics and my own personal favourite:
6. The Bogeyman!

At 96 years old His mum missed 1. (1918-1919) and 2. (1914-1918) as she hadn't yet been born! (b. 1924).

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2020, 14:16   #24
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Not particularly doubtful about the present decease but the Flue epidemic in 1918 on killed many millions world wide, now at that time in the UK with no NHS,no benefit system and certainly a general lack of concern about the population and employment of same- what was so different about the two infections. My parents were both about 17/18 at the time both in employment, mother in Leicester a big hosiery Factory town, father in RNavy both from families of 5 plus children and although they mentioned the flue epidemic it was with nothing like the importance we have now, I mean people wernt dying in the streets etc,work, factories mines etcetc went on. Or where they? I haven't researched it at all but if some one has-whats the explanation?? Chris S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2020, 15:30   #25
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

I find this whole thing rather strange, whilst this virus no doubt will take out some certain people in society , especially those with other health issues and older people, how is that any different to a number of flu outbreaks we have every year?
As far as i can see the death rate of this virus is not as bad as some flu years so
if so, why are govts all around the world all of a sudden prepared to trash all their economies in an attempt to stop it.
Doctors are saying the only way this virus will ever disappear is when a vacine is found.
The world economies and society in general are going to pay a hell of a price when it apoears we may be some 18 months from that.
Sonthing does not seem right, all these reactions seem dis proportional to the
death rate thus far !!
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2020, 16:23   #26
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post
I find this whole thing rather strange, whilst this virus no doubt will take out some certain people in society , especially those with other health issues and older people, how is that any different to a number of flu outbreaks we have every year?
As far as i can see the death rate of this virus is not as bad as some flu years so
if so, why are govts all around the world all of a sudden prepared to trash all their economies in an attempt to stop it.
Doctors are saying the only way this virus will ever disappear is when a vacine is found.
The world economies and society in general are going to pay a hell of a price when it apoears we may be some 18 months from that.
death rate thus far !!
I reckon Ched has hit the nail on the head. Governments are getting ready for a space invasion of some sort. Better get your spacesuits ready for a trip into fantasy land amongst the stars. I reckon it’s aliens hoarding all the toilet rolls and what not. They are going to bombard us with them when they arrive.Reminds me of The whistling pig.
Old 19th March 2020, 17:23   #27
dinky d
Avid contributor

Rover 75 cdti conn F/lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
At 96 years old His mum missed 1. (1918-1919) and 2. (1914-1918) as she hadn't yet been born! (b. 1924).
Avulon I was born in 1945,I still remember using Ration books for essentials well into the 1950,s.Tom.
dinky d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2020, 17:23   #28
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena wild View Post
During your dear mother's time wasn't there plenty to be scared about?

1. Spanish 'flu with no treatment/ knowledge of prevention..
2. WW1 & WW2.
3. The nuclear Mutual Assured Destruction scenario.
4. Ozone layer depletion and Climate Change.
5. Asbestos, lead in paint, lead in fuel, smog, no health and safety, no antibiotics and my own personal favourite:
6. The Bogeyman!
OK, 96? that means that she was born around 1924, does it not?
Spanish flue 1918-19, The great War (now called WW1) 1914 to 1918.

So, no, she would not even have been conceived at those times!
Old 19th March 2020, 17:28   #29
kaiser
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post
death rate thus far !!
The world has gone insane. The power grab by governments all over is just stunning. If I had said 20 years ago that one day there will be a ban of gatherings of 10 people in peace time, people would have laughed.
Now I predict that forced inoculation will be introduced, and after that implants of tracking devices, combined with constant monitoring will become mandatory. It is not the disease we have to fear.
It is the government.
We have been sleeping in class, and the elite is running the asylum.
Old 19th March 2020, 17:51   #30
kaiser
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Is this some sick way to tackle climate change?

Invent a world pandemic to kill off part of the population to save the planet, as they realise the doom of electric vehicles will not be the answer?
You will find that the two are indeed related! They are driven with the same fanaticism and blind ideology. It reminds me of the Chinese cultural revolution, where disastrous politics and blind loyalty to a lost cause killed millions and brought untold misery to additional millions. Authoritarian rulers can force mass hysteria and suffering, and people will accept it, even applaud it at times.
This bout of hysteria was again initiated by the Chinese, and quickly adopted by the left in Europe, for it to be then more or less routinely adopted by the rest of the world.
These same people would have striven for much of the same in order to implement their lunatic climate targets. It would also have called for suffering and hardship for millions. Now, at least, the do gooders are getting a taste of their own medicine, and my guess is they will not like it one little bit!
The fancy climate plans will have been blown sky high, and the next few years will be a matter of survival and the avoidance of hunger and disease.
This is without any question the deepest financial crisis since the depression 100 years ago, This time it will just be worse, as people have been driven off the land, and not 1 in 50 families (guess) would be able to feed themselves. That, of course is in sharp contrast to a 100 years ago, where far more people were connected to farming, and thus able to get by with little money. This time, sitting in a flat in town, you will be dead meat, if supplies or your money runs dry!
These young whippersnapper politicians, touting themselves on FB and other social platforms, watching zombie movies and generally with little or no life experience are going to lead the world into an abyss of unimaginable consequences.
This is truly a case of the cure being worse than the disease.
The financial system is finished, the fiat system and the reserve bank system are heading for the scrap heap, and Keynesian economics have totally and utterly failed. This crisis is a godsend for politicians and bankers to divert away the anger of the people. We are heading for dark dark times, and the Corona has only been the trigger, not the cause.
Unbridled greed and fascist governments have mismanaged and exploited people and saddled the world populations with unplayable debt.
the chickens are coming home to roost.
This aint gonna be funny.

Last edited by kaiser; 19th March 2020 at 17:53..
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote